Autopsy Geelong leaves Sydney with 2 points - who wants to watch the replay...

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith played well too but equally looked like he needs a rest..we have a few that look like going to ground too easily but we cant rest them thanks to ladder position. Be interesting to see if sav was a tactical sub or injured again.
Surely you’re kidding. Smith has always been soft as butter, which is OK when he’s getting 30+3 in a GF, but is a complete liability in a game like this. He was a legit contender for worst on ground tonight.

If we beat North next week we should be in the 8 as a number of the teams around us play each other (like Dogs v Pies, Dees v Saints and Crows v Bombers).

The two premiership points missed may end up being really important. I feel relieved more than anything after that.

Bruhn was fantastic in the last quarter, big time.

3 touches in the last.

Probably a reasonable result in the end. They missed lots of chances, we blew quite a few in the last. The stupid kick outs to a pack in the last 5 minutes when we needed someone to run and take an easy mark- drove me nuts. We improved as the game went on, so that’s something. Duncan and smith looked like they needed a rest. Good fighting by lots of the players in the second half. 2 points doesn’t really do enough but better than a loss. We will get flogged next week-so rest anyone who needs a rest and look forward to the following week. It’s not bad from then on and losing to the pies isn’t an option. Just can’t get any consistency in our footy this year. Comon cats.

Last edited:
It's just not our year, hard to get too frustrated with how much this great club has given us over the last 15 years.

But my word...

The amount we butcher the ball moving forward this year is just ridiculous. It really boggles the mind how we keep making the same mistakes over and over again. What's easy is made somehow impossible.

Why did it take us until half time to decide to stop guarding 1km of space? If we started the first bounce with the structure we did in the second half it's an easy victory.

Stengle is on thin ice for me. Not doing anywhere near enough, might benefit from a spell.

Holmes... I hope for his sake he was carrying something. But if he was, why play him? Surely Knevitt was a better option based off his production tonight.

Smith has been handballing to flat footed options all year and continues to do it. Atkins is a great glue guy but his disposal tonight was awful.

Duncan also looking very old this year. Still class but too many times he is looking rushed and beginning to get a lot of kicks off the instep.

Remarkable we were somehow in the game at half time and yet even when we were dominating we still pissed the win away. They only needed one more goal in the last quarter and it was all over.

Probably a reasonable result in the end. They missed lots of chances, we blew quite a few in the last. The stupid kick outs to a pack in the last 5 minutes when we needed someone to run and take an easy mark- drove me nuts. We improved as the game went on, so that’s something. Duncan and smith looked like they needed a rest. Good fighting by lots of the players in the second half. 2 points doesn’t really do enough but better than a loss. We will get flogged next week-so rest anyone who needs a rest and look forward to the following week. It’s not bad from then on and losing to the pies isn’t an option.

Flogged by North at home?

Don't think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got what we deserved.
Some absolute stinker performances.
Whoever decided Ratagolea deserves another game should be sacked.
Smith as much use as **** on a bull.
Defense wouldn't go near an opponent all game after many frequent turnovers.
Forward line too congested yet again.

On to next week.

I'm as flat as a s**t carters hat.

Drop Smith. That's all.

Hopefully it's the last time we see Sav in the seniors too. As good as he's been at times this season, with the other 6 premiership defenders healthy, there's no room for him back there anymore.

At least percentage is irrelevant now… I feel like that game meant a lot more to us to get the draw than Sydney. We stole 2 points in the end.

A player I feel needs to go is Ollie Henry… 4 touches and 1 tackle…. Couldn’t give a stuff about the two goals when you realize how much he costs the side defensively.

Offers nothing defensively or offensively linking up.

He is a Daniel menzel style key forwardish medium marking forward who struggles outside of goals.

Escaped with 2 points. Better than none. Outplayed for most of the night but a lack of composure in the last qtr cost us the game.

Isaac Smith is really in need of a rest. Certainly not impacting games at the moment. Give Bowes, Dempsey or Knevitt a full match on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong leaves Sydney with 2 points - who wants to watch the replay...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back