Autopsy Geelong leaves Sydney with 2 points - who wants to watch the replay...

Remove this Banner Ad

At least percentage is irrelevant now… I feel like that game meant a lot more to us to get the draw than Sydney. We stole 2 points in the end.

A player I feel needs to go is Ollie Henry… 4 touches and 1 tackle…. Couldn’t give a stuff about the two goals when you realize how much he costs the side defensively.

Offers nothing defensively or offensively linking up.

He is a Daniel menzel style key forwardish medium marking forward who struggles outside of goals.

Seriously? Ollie Henry kicked almost a 1/3 of our goals..our 3rd highest goal kicker for the year with 21. And still learning both the game and our system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cats were trying hard to lose the game
Snatching a draw on the cusp of victory.
Was calling for Duncan subbed at 1/2 time
His late unforced turnover let Swans back in.
He was one of many making stupid mistakes
Cats thought it was another bye week.
Taking a Half to make a serious effort.
Swans blew it with woeful goal kicking.
Cats weren't much better, squandering gimme's
This game was lost between the ears.

View attachment 1725848
In fairness he should have received a high free kick moments before Fox kicked that behind.

We got on top in the third before he left the field and Bowes didn't offer anything anyway. Everyone cracked in during the second half. Aerially we remained poor in the second half, but they didn't convert and we didn't let them run in uninterrupted as much.

Henry and stewart intercepted much better when he went off though and because they are better kicks it allowed us to move the ball quicker through their press. Im not sure sav and his dump kicking works structurally..you cannot keep him unless you drop kolo or zuthrie.

Should’ve played Mullin, same as against GWS, think we are missing a trick here..

Two points thieved. The ‘loss’ we could afford can’t make too many missteps from here on in and I don’t think we will.

Tough decisions should be made though a few players have run out of credits.

Surely you’re kidding. Smith has always been soft as butter, which is OK when he’s getting 30+3 in a GF, but is a complete liability in a game like this. He was a legit contender for worst on ground tonight.

I agree that but it wasnt a workrate issue. He worked his butt off and had a stack of unrewarded running as always. But he kept falling over and going to ground and fumbling which is a sign of an older player in physical decline for me. Hes definitely not soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Henry and stewart intercepted much better when he went off though and because they are better kicks it allowed us to move the ball quicker through their press. Im not sure sav and his dump kicking works structurally..you cannot keep him unless you drop kolo or zuthrie.
It's hard to analyse when the effort and running went up so much from the first second of the 3rd quarter. Also Sydney started to feel the pressure and so gave up a lot of easy ball.

Should’ve played Mullin, same as against GWS, think we are missing a trick here..

Two points thieved. The ‘loss’ we could afford can’t make too many missteps from here on in and I don’t think we will.

Tough decisions should be made though a few players have run out of credits.
Yep. I was calling to get Oisin in as well. We need to get games into him asap. We couldn’t get out of defensive 50 all first half. We need some dash and dare, run and carry to break the lines.

I think smith works as hard as anyone but looks gassed and needs to rest but im not sure we can rest him (if menegola was fully fit maybe). I agree we were awful for 3/4 but should have won it in the last.
Smith works hard to receive. But he shirks every single contest and WILL NOT TACKLE. And in a hard, contested game like this on a small ground, that’s just not on. Total liability tonight.

We need some youth and hunger in the team.

Some older blokes looking over the hill, Scott won’t make those tough calls though.
He won't. Ratugolea needs to go too. Our defenders struggle with the structure when he's in the side.

I agree i think thats an issue we need to address. I thought sav got in the way a bit and structurally we moved the ball better when he wasnt involved in chains. Its a tough call for the coaches because if we sit him out he will almost certainly ask for a trade and go for unders but to win the next 5 or 6 games i reckon we are more likely to do it without him.

As per a post from fpm84 in our trade thread: Esava update via Jon Ralph on Fox just now - Simon Lloyd confident he’ll stay, club and Sav’s manager in regular discussions, but Port considering offering him as much as $700k which we can’t/won’t match so things could go either way.

If Port is seriously considering offering that sort of money to Ratugolea, it’s going to be hard for them to turn around and say he’s only worth a 3rd round pick on the trade table. If you’re willing to offer money like that, then it would suggest you’re also prepared to pay a bit at the trade table

I think smith works as hard as anyone but looks gassed and needs to rest but im not sure we can rest him (if menegola was fully fit maybe). I agree we were awful for 3/4 but should have won it in the last.
Agree he’s been doing a lot of hard running all year and needs a break, hands weren’t great tonight, he usually is a pretty sure marking target but tonight just wasn’t his night.

Our reasonably good percentage is now rendered pretty much redundant.

If Adelaide and Freo both win, we'll finish the weekend worse than we started it.
Adelaide's % was already better and they're about to flog NM by 80 points.

Richmond are another finals contender and now our % gain means something compared to them. So we gained a game on Richmond effectively. If we lost tonight Adelaide would have to lose two times, not once, for us to go past them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong leaves Sydney with 2 points - who wants to watch the replay...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back