Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 4 points - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight is going to be wonderful, tonight could open a lot of eyes at the Cats to some of our weaknesses and ways the demons (and other finalists) picked holes through us, and steel them towards a successful finals campaign, OR it could take all the wind out of them, limp into next week and get smashed on the way to a straight sets outing and questions marks again going onto Scott and the clubs decision to continue to top up.
I can't see it going anything than those 2 vastly different ways. It's either season over, or the kick in the arse we didn't want, but maybe needed.

There is no way that should have been 50. It is literally a few cm’s over the line. The umpiring has become a joke. Not saying Geelong deserved to win, but that is seriously rubbish

Attachments

• 4181B75F-A8D7-4AC7-82AA-C17C7B5CF4CE.jpeg
    4181B75F-A8D7-4AC7-82AA-C17C7B5CF4CE.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 109

Doubt we are good enough, way too many average players in the side, unlikely to win a final on the evidence of the last 8 weeks.

Yeah, we're not hitting the finals with much form whilst others look a step above.

I'm starting to get deja vu. For many years we'd have some occasional excitement in making the finals, and sometimes even GF's, but it was always for nought. Until 2007.

Don't let anyone tell you that a good H & A record is fulfilling. It isn't. Falling out of finals and GF's over a period of time leaves you feeling hollow.

Everyone craves the silverware.

To me the turning point was when Jeremy Cameron missed that very gettable shot in the 3rd Q. Melbourne were just building momentum and nailing that shot would have deflated it.

Port at AO with a crowd, off what could be a 6 day break, where we will spend all day hanging around in the cricket nets before the game due to quarantine bubble bullshit. Im not confident at all.

Don’t understand those who think playing Port in Adelaide is a gimme.
They are a side full of **** sure newbies of the type that regularly pop up and give us a bath.
This isn’t the side we beat earlier in the year. They have belief, and we are just turning over.
will be lucky if we don’t get pantsed

Of the top 5 Port and Brisbane are the 2 in form teams.
That said I think we match up better against Port than Brisbane

There is no way that should have been 50. It is literally a few cm’s over the line. The umpiring has become a joke. Not saying Geelong deserved to win, but that is seriously rubbish
It gets paid all the time.
It’s a rule, I don’t understand people’s mentality going off about it.
Close knew he shouldn’t have done it

To me the turning point was when Jeremy Cameron missed that very gettable shot in the 3rd Q. Melbourne were just building momentum and nailing that shot would have deflated it.

Turning point was Henderson running into Cameron ****ing up a certain goal, would have steadied us but they rebounded and kicked a goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still trying to get my head around how Cam Guthrie can kick the ball out on the full like that. An absolutely extraordinary error given the circumstances. The tempo of the match was such that an unpressurised kick like the one he had there was a luxury almost no one else had. To not get the ball within the field of play is completely unforgiveable.

Absolutely pathetic.
They should get him to answer. He was weak today. VERY soft

Don’t understand those who think playing Port in Adelaide is a gimme.
They are a side full of **** sure newbies of the type that regularly pop up and give us a bath.
This isn’t the side we beat earlier in the year. They have belief, and we are just turning over.
will be lucky if we don’t get pantsed

Im tipping them by at least 40, they play hard fast footy, Boak and Wines will tear us a new one.

It gets paid all the time.
It’s a rule, I don’t understand people’s mentality going off about it.
Close knew he shouldn’t have done it
the rule is there for time wasting if the ball is well over the line. When Close jumped for that he was inside the the boundary. He has to attempt to get his fist on it.

I agree. I wasn't looking fwd to playing Brisbane and we can beat Port, crowds won't be at capacity I don't think?
Crowds will be just as loud regardless. 20k at AO sounds like 60k at the mcg. The only game I've ever heard louder than a showdown was the '09 GF, and the next 5 or so would be showdowns. Just an unbelievably echoey ground

Looking back and with 1:30 left on the clock Menegola really stuffed up. After several minutes of chip kicking and kicking down the line he had marked the ball on defensive side of the wing. Instead of kicking it long down the line he went for a dangerous 40m kick accross the ground to our half forward flank that put Rohan in a 2vs1, Rohan actually did well to even the contest but Melb won it at ground level and we turned the ball over to allow Melb their handball game which lead to the final play of the game. It was the sort of kick you make if you're 2 points down, not 2 points up.
Menegola burnt the ball most of the night

Groundhog day once more. We have certainly purrfected how to roll over and play dead. Another horrible capitulation.

Guthrie, Close and Stanley's efforts at the death were incomprehensively shitful. God give me strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back