Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 4 points - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us and the bulldogs are not the same. They were definitely beaten by a better team on the night and am not sure it wouldn’t go the other way in a few weeks versus us who just stopped playing. Almost bruise free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Their midfield is miles better than ours

Geelong appeaer not to have learned a lesson from Tigers losses. Put cue in rack and lost accordingly.
Didveverything very well for three quarters and packed cue.
Shocking loss.

Much rather Brisbane. They barely got over West Coast who were missing a handful of their best.
They have a midget forward line and sole reliance on Daniher.
Their midfield is also one dimensional.

Port are in top form and have x factors like Duursma, Butters and Rozee who will chop Atkins, Bews and Kolodjashnij to pieces.

They beat WCE by 38, not exactly just barely them.

Straight sets coming up.

We have players in the backline who have zero composure under pressure.

It's been our Achilles heel for 10 years and we've lost Stewart who is the only player down back who has any.

IMO we look stronger when Blitz isn’t there
He’s a very average backman, that’s the most negative I’ll be all night.
Very confident we beat Port next week

It's a very simple rule - time wasting

Punching the ball away when it's clearly out of bounds, tackling a player after they've taken a mark, kicking the ball away after a free kick has been paid to the opposition etc

It's not a new rule
Was still a tough call.

Sucks to lose like that but the calls saying we're doomed are ******* absurd.

We put the cue in the rack and seemed unworried about a win or lose. That won't happen next week, I can guarantee that.

We came out unscathed and move onto finals.
Danger spent a lot of time on the bench in tge second half. Im not sure we are unscathed.

That was the dumbest quarter of football ive ever seen.
We did not even try to score and our best chance leads to a defender colliding with a forward.
Sideways, backwards, out on the full, 50.... so dumb.
Hopefully leads to a massive reality check.

Agree.
When did we concede the loss to Brisbane at the Gabba after being up by close to 10 goals? 2013ish? I reckon this was on par.

They stop the clock when out of bounds. How was it wasting time?
Stopped Lever (?) or whoever the Melbourne player was that received the free kick from being able to play on and get things moving quickly

Punching the ball away delayed a return of play and could have allowed us to set up behind the ball - that's where the delay came in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking back and with 1:30 left on the clock Menegola really stuffed up. After several minutes of chip kicking and kicking down the line he had marked the ball on defensive side of the wing. Instead of kicking it long down the line he went for a dangerous 40m kick accross the ground to our half forward flank that put Rohan in a 2vs1, Rohan actually did well to even the contest but Melb won it at ground level and we turned the ball over to allow Melb their handball game which lead to the final play of the game. It was the sort of kick you make if you're 2 points down, not 2 points up.

sh*t last qtr , but hopefully we can bounce back next week to start the final series on a good note

However the loss isn’t too bad as we all are playing in SA anyway so the top 4 advantage wasn’t there this year
??????? But ours will be an away game rather than neutral venue.

Nice one-game metaphor for Rhys Stanley's entire career. Does a decent job against one of the game's best ruckmen but when the game is on the line he's not at the one place he's supposed to be.

Gawn killed him all game, not just that one moment. 25 touches, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal and 39 hit-outs.

He was 2nd BoG behind Clayton.

Don’t understand those who think playing Port in Adelaide is a gimme.
They are a side full of **** sure newbies of the type that regularly pop up and give us a bath.
This isn’t the side we beat earlier in the year. They have belief, and we are just turning over.
will be lucky if we don’t get pantsed

Except the alternative is now port, in Adelaide, with a crowd.
If there was a time to AVOID an away final, it's now, and we had it and coughed it up like flogs.
I agree. But I guess we have no choice now. Fox suggesting we’ll be playing Friday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back