Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 4 points - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to get my head around how Cam Guthrie can kick the ball out on the full like that. An absolutely extraordinary error given the circumstances. The tempo of the match was such that an unpressurised kick like the one he had there was a luxury almost no one else had. To not get the ball within the field of play is completely unforgiveable.

Absolutely pathetic.

Jesus Melbourne are celebrating like they’ve just won the flag
Like Chris Scott blowing his load all over the coaches box when we win a H&A game at KP against the Dogs.
That's the problem. Always show the cards in the H&A.
Its not the f**king premier league. Its about the end of the year.

The big picture.... As in we sh*t the bed and are mentally weak, yeah pretty sure most of us can see that calm or not
The side stopped playing when we were up by 40 points thinking the game was in hand and went into conservative mode for the finals

Not ideal, but largely the club ended up where they would had if they won anyway…AO

So Meh no carrying on from me and I’m one of those that would have a melt usually

At least ******* Richmond won't win this year. And I have a modicum of respect for all the other clubs in the top 6 or so. But God almighty.

I'm too young to remember the losses of the 90s, but the way this team, with this list, keeps capitulating in September surely has to feel just as bad if not worse than those years? Like looking at 95, Carlton were way above everyone else, can't really whinge about us losing there. But looking back at us, 2013, if Chappy and Enright play in that preliminary... 2019, if Hawkins wasn't suspended... 2016, if we don't just completely sh*t the bed against Sydney, surely we can beat the bulldogs in the big dance?? I don't know. It's just so frustrating and if we don't go all the way this year, this side is going to go down as the biggest underachievers of the modern era, if not all time.

The 90s was different in that we made so many GFs and (obviously) won plenty of finals to get there.

Close was a bit unlucky and a bit careless.

There is no way a player is not going to try everything to touch the ball.

What happens if he misjudges the boundary and doesn’t touch the ball as it goes over

Guthrie has no excuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah close wasnt diving to punch that Or in a contest. He could of just caught it.

instead he deliberately time wasted.

Always hard to tell with last games of the season.

We put the cue in the rack. I don't take much from it at all.

Brisbane are starting to purr again and I'd honestly would rather the Dees play them.
I'd be pissed if we gave up a home final but in reaity we aren't. Melbourne will be heading to Optus. We'll head to Adelaide where our record is ok.

We do need that extra Duncan in the middle though and Stewart such a massive out.

Stanley with one of the all time great disappearance acts in the last quarter, Houdini would blush. Wouldn't be a Geelong finals campaign without our rucks in absolute disarray, so there's some comfort at least. :grinv1:

Fair, but fails to acknowledge just how good he was for a good percentage of the match. Harsh game sometimes.

I’d love to be proven wrong of course, but to me that’s season over. To give up such a lead, and play defensively so far out from time tells me there’s no confidence to score.
I’m devastated by that, wouldn’t have mattered if DH had missed and we won by a point, just a deflating game.
On the positive side - if the Lemons are apparently the best side, it only takes a few good weeks of footy to win it, and they certainly aren’t very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not even a rule

It's a very simple rule - time wasting

Punching the ball away when it's clearly out of bounds, tackling a player after they've taken a mark, kicking the ball away after a free kick has been paid to the opposition etc

It's not a new rule

Home ground losses are mounting up...the end is near.
Exactly this and also the old boys like Danger and Selwood can’t run a game out anymore going by the amount of time they spent on the bench compared to Oliver and Petracca. Port will run us off our feet next week.

We never hit the lead in a game we were up by over 40 points? Can I have what you are taking,
Maybe go and watch the first half where we were actually behind and have a look at who sets us up on half back, creates turnovers, and drives forward movement out of the backline. Without him I don't think we'd get that run of play that got us in the lead the first place.

I'm still trying to get my head around how Cam Guthrie can kick the ball out on the full like that. An absolutely extraordinary error given the circumstances. The tempo of the match was such that an unpressurised kick like the one he had there was a luxury almost no one else had. To not get the ball within the field of play is completely unforgiveable.

Absolutely pathetic.
It's the sort of thing they save for finals. Were treating us early. We were doing similar in the second half of the GF last year.

Perhaps because a lot of those teams have played Geelong in the QF. Not many sides have won it from 2nd in that period either. You know which team has finished there a lot?

We only played one of them in the QF - Richmond in 2017.

If it means anything, since 2011, more teams have won the flag from 3rd spot on the ladder than have won it from top spot...
History means nothing. As long we have that defensive set-up we're going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back