Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 4 points - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care what anyone says or thinks about that performance, we played 1 good quarter and stopped completely after thinking our shit didnt stink at half time, this is an area we are renowned for, mental fragility and dissappearing players, Rohan was absolutely woeful tonight and gave away free after free trying to take mark of the year and Atkins was just as bad, no awareness, constant chipping backwards when you have guys ahead of the ball, no brains, its this shit that makes supporters lose their ****ing minds, i for one wont buy into the "oh we put the cue in the rack" bullshit, we were thumped by a far better side apart from 10 good minutes.

Close was a bit unlucky and a bit careless.

There is no way a player is not going to try everything to touch the ball.

What happens if he misjudges the boundary and doesn’t touch the ball as it goes over

Guthrie has no excuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Touches the ball yes

But he punched it away and did so after the whistle which is why he was in trouble. If he went with an open hand and allowed it to come off his hand then it may not have been paid

The side stopped playing when we were up by 40 points thinking the game was in hand and went into conservative mode for the finals

Not ideal, but largely the club ended up where they would had if they won anyway…AO

So Meh no carrying on from me and I’m one of those that would have a melt usually

I understand this point of view (and if we win it doesn't effect the prelim either, however lose and we stare straight sets), but the result of tonight won't be felt under we have the hindsight of next weeks game.
If lions barely turn up and Melb flog them, while we get a white hot port playing in front of their rabid fans and lose, then 10000% we have EVERY right to melt right now.
That's the issue, port aren't a great team because they are inconsistent, but their best is probably as good as anyone going around and they are a 6 goal better team at home.
They beat us, and we fold to straight sets, then tonights result cost us a shot at the flag, if we win, no harm no foul.

Biggest choke since Greg Norman at the 1996 US Masters. Heck, Chuck Norris wouldn't have been able to find half our players who were missing in action that last quarter. Pissweak. Better come out swinging next week against those Port flogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't even have any analysis to give for what I just watched. I just feel deflated.

I don't think I've ever seen a team throw away their season like that in the space of a quarter and a half. Midway through the third term the bookies would have had us as premiership favourites. Now we're almost no chance.
We were paying 1.02 for the game. We are so mentally week that if i had an account I would have put $100 against us

Well done to the dees. The cats really went into protection mode and got stung badly. The 50m was very dicey at the end but the cats probably got what they deserved by not attacking enough in that last quarter.

The Cameron Hendo crunch and the free when Danger was running into the 50 were bad luck. Either would have been enough to finish them off.

Oh well. Kind of a dead rubber. I think playing port is preferable to Brisbane.

I understand this point of view (and if we win it doesn't effect the prelim either, however lose and we stare straight sets), but the result of tonight won't be felt under we have the hindsight of next weeks game.
If lions barely turn up and Melb flog them, while we get a white hot port playing in front of their rabid fans and lose, then 10000% we have EVERY right to melt right now.
That's the issue, port aren't a great team because they are inconsistent, but their best is probably as good as anyone going around and they are a 6 goal better team at home.
They beat us, and we fold to straight sets, then tonights result cost us a shot at the flag, if we win, no harm no foul.

Port won't have Georgiades. That's a big loss for them and could help us.

Geelong and the Bulldogs completely dropped away at the wrong time of the year.

That was an appalling capitulation.
The pathetic slow movement of play when we had a 2 goal lead. We were playing to essentially lose the game.

Absolutely.

I've watched enough footy over the years to see how this would play out; you've almost got to mentally concede the possibility that Melbourne would hit the lead late in the game and leave yourself enough time to get one back in the last minute.
When we were 2 points up with 3 minutes to go it was worth taking the risk of attacking - and potentially conceding the lead - on the chance that we might extend it to a nearly game-winning 8 point lead.
Dumb football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back