Autopsy Geelong loses to PA in QF2 by about 6 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hendo, Kolo, Guthrie, Dahlhaus, Selwood, Bews, Danger and Rohan were colossally poor tonight

I have never seen a Geel team fumble or turn the ball over like tonight. And I saw the last half of last years GF.

10 goals from the opposition smalls were embarrassing. Letting the only two mids Port have collect 65 possies between under almost zero heat was woeful.

The no spirit hurt. I’ve very rarely accused a Cats team of that. Tonight we didn’t care.
Never seen a geelong team? See our last 9 first finals. Plenty of examples. This is the norm. Not the outlier.

No, it wouldn’t but we need to regenerate. Is Scott going to be/wanting to be around for the next go? Do we need a new vision? I think there are significant personnel changes required within the playing group. We need to be prepared to develop young talent and be patient.

It has to come in a few years anyway, Cook is going, Carter has gone, hopefully Lloyd, Scott and the rest of the MC go with them and we can start again.
While those remain they'll continue to try to stay close enough for as long as possible and tonight will simply be repeated ad nauseum.

So are we going to get angry, petulant chris Scott in the presser? Absolute outrage that anyone would dare question our finals record etc?

That's a very debatable point.

I agree it's debatable. That's the thing with soft factors like "mental strength". They're a real aspect of footy, but it's very difficult to make quantifiable statements about them, so we're left with nothing but conjecture. It's my subjective assessment of Scott-coached sides. I could be wrong of course, but I suspect I'm not. At this point I just don't think it's reasonable to say these meek mental displays in finals year after year under his watch are a coincidence.

Disappointing not to see more recognition from Port.

Other than Boak being interviewed, they formed a guard of honour and Boak did mention Hawkins getting chaired off

Do yourself a favor and stop telling other people who been here for years how to post.

. . . for someone with a join up date less than a month, you sure are confident.

You're so right.

I should spend all my time on Bigfooty taking potshots at the club I support like you.

Seriously you can't make this up. You spend your time bagging your OWN side.

The cats were beaten by the better team on the night. Well played port. Too good tonight. They couldn’t have played better…and the cats couldn’t have played worse.

The pressure was fantastic …as good as I have seen in a final for a while. On the other side, I don’t think I have seen more dropped sitters under no pressure at all. Plus there were a number of goal chances which the cats wouldn’t normally stuff up. An all-round shocker of a night. It’s disappointing but it’s only a game and you’ve got to be gracious in defeat.

On the upside…glass half full, the cats don’t put in two shockers in a row too often. Here’s hoping.

Last week was a shocker

Hard to argue with this:

I doubt they'd have any issue, the club doesn't seem to have that ruthless edge to genuinely hate poor efforts at contests.
It might get looked at in tape (but nobody singled out so we don't hurt their feelings), but I doubt anything serious will come of it.
Kinda like the old "hahaha Cam, got suspended again hey?" crap of 2006, no ruthlessness, no accountability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pain level 1-10?
Blinding. I also broke my leg once and sat in the front seat of a daihatsu charade for two hours on the drive to the hospital holding my foot in one hand and my leg in the other trying keep them lined up because they weren't connected. While that was overall worse because of the prolonged nature, the intensity wasn't close to the drill

Soooo error ridden, no flow, no movement, handballing in panic to team mates under pressure, continually dropping marks, not backing up or running through, hopeless in contested packs, missing the few shots we got, broken defence, beaten midfield, forwards had no chance.
Tired and bereft of skills but don't tell me they didn't try.

All up = Dad's Army vs fleet footed well coached bogans heroes who absolutely bought the pressure.
Impossible to see a recovery from that whipping, and Poort were hungry, energetic and great.

Agree.

We've got one of the greatest leaders this game has seen in Joel and this is still happening.

There's something wrong and it goes deeper than just the coach
It really doesn’t. the only 5 that have been there for all of the Past 8 years is Scott, Selwood, Guthrie, Duncan and hawkins. Thé latter four have been mixed in finals. Some good some Bad. Thé game plan however has always been shit. It’s thé common denominator.

I heard that Henderson was on the verge of signing another 12 month contract, surely not! Not blaming him for the loss but he just looks cooked, far too slow and no physical presence.
Dahlhaus is another who just has no impact, he's lost his main asset, ie forward pressure and his kicking for goal makes Aaron Naughton look like Tony Lockett. I can't see them making too many changes next week, Tuohy & Sav look like logical inclusions but its going to take a massive change in attitude & intent to get them to win next week. Disappointing.

Reckon we can take Wallis off your hands?

Amidst the fury at what we've just witnessed (yet again), a few small observations...

1. This team surely now needs to just forfeit QF's. We don't turn up for them and the only outcome that is uncertain is whether someone will get injured (hey there, MOC) or suspended.

2. The lack of composure across this team when the hear goes on is seriously frightening. And the way it spreads like a contagion once one or two begin the fumblefest is absolutely embarrassing.

3. The lack of willingness to match the elite pressure of other teams in finals is also seriously abysmal. It's O.K. to get beaten by a better team; it is far from O.K. to get thrashed for willingness to work hard, run hard and tackle like your life depends on it.

4. As soon as the coach mentions how 'steeled and galvanised' the playing group is next time, you will know we are done.

5. The Port crowd is up there with the most classless group of footy followers in the AFL. Booing Sels, Hawk and Danger just for the sake of it was predictable, puerile and pathetic.

Anyway, I hereby promise to never again express even the slightest scintilla of hope that we will turn up ready to play in a first final with this group. I guess it's a case of the old cliche...eight times bitten, twice shy.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
#3 is the most disgraceful aspect of finals performances (every f'in year)

Hard to argue with this:

It isnt hard to argue at all. Who is the one responsible for getting the players up to play? Who is the one who is responsible for getting this team to play a brand that stands up in finals? Who is the person that is supposed to hold these underperforming players to account? The answer is the same to all three questions: The ****ing coach.

1 finals, sure it's on the players, 2 or 3 maybe still on the players, but 8 ****ing 1st week loses from 9 games? Blaming the players is a superficial waste of time.

I heard that Henderson was on the verge of signing another 12 month contract, surely not! Not blaming him for the loss but he just looks cooked, far too slow and no physical presence.
Dahlhaus is another who just has no impact, he's lost his main asset, ie forward pressure and his kicking for goal makes Aaron Naughton look like Tony Lockett. I can't see them making too many changes next week, Tuohy & Sav look like logical inclusions but its going to take a massive change in attitude & intent to get them to win next week. Disappointing.
Henderson’s marking was horrible, as bad as you’ll ever see from an afl footballer. On the positive side, his opponent Dixon kicked 1 point for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back