Autopsy Geelong loses to PA in QF2 by about 6 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty had shockers but Cam Guthrie was most disappointing for me. Genuinely just chasing sh*t stats these days. His fail to chase Burton at CHF late was embarrassing.

Close excellent, really really good and Jack Henry is a star.
17 touches for 55 metres gained. A tad over 3 metres per possession - hard to do that even if you tried.

It's the same BS every year.. He is the coach it is his fault...

I get it there are emotions but we were infront at half time of a grand final last year. You were half a game of this “BS” away from a second premiership in ten years and a fourth in 15 years.

we are quite spoilt brats as geelong fans

"it's the players fault"...

View attachment 1219044
When the players kick 5.13 they have to take some responsibility for their failure to convert and take their chances in front of goal

It's not like we didn't have our chances tonight - kicking straight, especially across the 2nd & 3rd quarters when we kicked 1.6 would have gone a long way to helping change the result

If straight sets leads to you getting a new coach in the off season is it worth it? I think Chris Scott has had his time and needs to be moved on.

I switched off with about 10 mins left. Tbh, I could tell early in the first quarter that they were swarming us, they were really hunting in packs.

I don't know, I look at our team, and I think at full strength we are better than any other team we have fielded since 2012, but tbh, it just doesn't look like a premiership team.

Your not wrong. We're a business now. It's all we are.
Scott is just happens to be the perfect spokesman for a business.
Has middle management speak and the incompetence that comes with it down to a tee.
They actually have the perfect business, win enough through home ground advantage and moderate competence to keep the punters hopeful and interested, bomb out, top up, repeat. Everyone looks ok, they cop a little bit of heat and then get to do it all again.

We’ve all seen this story before.
We come out guns blazing next week, win by about 40
Then sh*t the bed in the Prelim
If only.
We are off to WA. More isolation.
There is a malaise going on, and we are in a rut.
Not going to bounce back just because we have in the past.

Like the last Q last week, we have too many defenders who don’t want the ball in their hands. It kills momentum time and time again. That bit of play in Q2 where Kolo held onto the ball for too long and then kicked it straight to Aliir which set up a goal said it all.

A real problem. Hendo is ok in space as a receiver and uses it well. Kolo and Blicavs I cringe when they get it. They try, but don't seem to have any footy nous. Can they be coached in what to do when they get the ball?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say that Cam Guthrie damaged his reputation in my eyes tonight. I saw him shirk the contest on multiple occasions. You wouldn't accept that kind of sh*t from an 18 year old playing their first final, let alone a 29-year-old veteran who is supposed to be one of your midfield leaders.

Not good enough.
Might be the shoulder. Hasn’t been the same since he came back. He had 34 odd one game and had zero influence, they were crap touches. it is hard for the punters to know most of the time. Think Danger may be carrying an injury too.

Anyone who thinks simply sacking Scott and replacing him will bare fruit is simply wrong. This isn't down to 1 man but to the entire club. It's cultural and ingrained.
Sacking and replacing Scott without any other changes is what Carlton would do.
We want change, we need wholesale change, and honestly it simply won't happen when those at the top view finishing top 4, regardless of competitiveness in finals, as successful and celebratory.
Absolutely agree, but doing nothing and hoping for change is even worse! It's time for a whole football department review in my opinion.

On the NBA point, reckon danger has a bit of James Harden about him?

Super player who is a shadow of himself when the rubber meets the road

Getting close to Ben Simmons territory after tonight's efforts ... in all seriousness it is a loose analogy where the individuals might not really equate beyond Pop+his system and Scott+his system; both once had success, but then again both once had generational talents at their disposal.
Both have systems that yield H&A/regular season results, but have failed to seriously challenge once Finals/Playoffs begin.
San Antonio finally recognized that they were treading water during this current off-season; they'd be a while away from making any serious kind of noise again I reckon; Pop will most likely be gone. Yet Chris Scott's contract is extended for stability's sake.

Maybe. Or maybe a couple of them need to be knocked the fu** out in a Hawthorn style boxing situation. Absolutely no mongrel or edge amongst the lot of them except maybe O'Connor. Chappy and Max Rooke spinning in their graves.
Mongrel is great if you just want to give away frees and rush disposals to turnovers.

I thought last week I watched Geelong's worst quarter of football. Tonight I was rewarded with 4 worse!.
They doubled our score in a final - and we were lucky it was that close.

The players have demonstrated throughout the year that they have the passion and the skills, but eludes them at finals time. I wonder if anyone at the club has considered getting a sports psychologist on staff?

What does that tell you honestly. I'm not sure why motlop was moved on (maybe he went himself I can't remember) but it's a damning fact that he kicked more goals in a final than the man we spent 3 first round picks on to pinch a flag.

Kenny H obviously is better in getting that sort of performance from his players than our guy.
Not really. Motlop was way better a player for us.
It's just the fans used to watch Selwood and Danger run one way and couldn't care less but if Motlop did the slightest thing wrong his own teams fans would abuse him with venom.
But hey! At least we got Gary Rohan and his vintage finals performances.

Ridiculous statement. Was CS responsible for half of Port's goals from our turnovers? And Hawkins missing his first shot?
You could argue the coach *is* responsible for the lack of mental preparation/toughness that results in choking under finals pressure (year after year after year)..

The party has been over since the Essendon win, the fall has commenced and it will be dramatic. Cats season is over and must look at major trades and the coach should seriously look at other jobs if he wants to continue the torture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back