Autopsy Geelong smashed by Demons in PF and its gonna be a long summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
However i heard John Worsfold this year - he said when your coaching a decent/good side - one game per year normally - everything and anything goes wrong - you just have a dirty game
Quite unfortunate that Geelong keeps having these unusual unlucky "off" games in finals.

Stuff like this is a bit like the old adage I see so often 'we couldn't play any worse'. I saw that after the QF, and the answer from the club was "yes, we can in fact play much worse". A team can always play much worse.

No

Wells took a short holiday and has been back at the club working full-time since April

Wells is a gun really helped shape our premership years.

But we need to nail our early picks .

Cocky and Lang total fails.

Hopefully Homles makes the cut.
Copper aswell.

Kobe has reprimanded me: it seems the big picture is that, like me, he wants to see change, including backing youth. Da ist gut.

But I like Clark: I recall that in one of his good games in his first season he kicked 2 remarkable goals, one from the centre square. Bruce Mac liked saying Clark "has a leg". I hope he says; the team is too slow slow slow slow.

Wells is a gun really helped shape our premership years.

But we need to nail our early picks .

Cocky and Lang total fails.

Hopefully Homles makes the cut.
Copper aswell.
Smedts was too, Thurlow was a bust. Fogarty came and went quick smart. Clark looks like a goner.
Just seems like a consistent pattern.

Last edited:
Apparently Clark's attitude is below par. His dedication to the cause not as strong as others, and so I can understand not playing him.

Can't help but feel he's like some of the players on Melbourne yesterday, and closer to the players we had in 07-11. He wants to take it on and has no hang ups. The way he plays as if they haven't been able to beat it out of him like they have Miers.

The most enjoyable moment this year was the deciding goal against Hawthorn with Henry and Clark streaking down the field and going for broke. The celebration was great and the passion was there.

On this board afterwards there were some saying his celebration was over the top. Think there's something to be said that our culture is a little off.

Hypothetical question here.
What if last year's covid pandemic did not impact the season.
No shortened quarters and no shortened fixture.

Do you think Geelong would have still made it to the grand final?
Impossible to say for certain one way or the other. The shorter quarters certainly suited the Cats in my opinion. Not just due to the age of the squad, but also their gameplay which tries to deny the opposition to score but retaining possession. When a team fell behind by 3 goals last year it felt like game over. Was a much worse spectacle even watching neutral games. Covid on the other hand made it difficult for all clubs. It is possible that clubs with strong leadership and older players adapted better as the season progressed, (although it could be argued that players with young families may have done it harder than the young guys).

Why is Kolo staying on a 3 year extension
This is the million dollar question. No word of a lie, he’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen. Most of the time he ball watches like a complete buffoon.
And when he does dispose of the ball he either kicks it backwards or turns it over.
He has to go.
But he won’t and ****ed if I know why

Quite unfortunate that Geelong keeps having these unusual unlucky "off" games in finals.

Stuff like this is a bit like the old adage I see so often 'we couldn't play any worse'. I saw that after the QF, and the answer from the club was "yes, we can in fact play much worse". A team can always play much worse.
And we proved it.

This is the million dollar question. No word of a lie, he’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen. Most of the time he ball watches like a complete buffoon.
And when he does dispose of the ball he either kicks it backwards or turns it over.
He has to go.
But he won’t and f’ed if I know why

Scarlett rates him, and apparently anointed him as the 'new Mackie' at one point.

He has to go.

So now they need to tell him that every time he kicks it sideways and / or backwards he loses 3 months off his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has to go.
Can't agree.
How long have you followed footy, serious question.
Kolo is unfairly maligned.

That's fair, agree to disagree

I don't rate him but I hope he's proves me wrong
I like what I see with his assets and hope he can develop them and cut out the bad stuff that you highlighted. He was also an underage cricket rep for australia as a fast bowler. I just sense that he is a very talented guy and talent needs to be nurtured. However, I can also see how he might turn out to be average.
I think we have been a fairly poor club in terms of talent development over the last few years. A contrast to the previous decade. opportunities at senior level are a big part of that.

Finals losses - can’t score
- ruck loss
- can’t handle heat
& chaotic fast game
- chip game taken away
- jittery & nervous
- statistically worse
- look too old
- game over very early
- bottom 6 players awful
- embarrassing
- media messaging issues

Rinse & repeat
Who is going to put the heat on Scott and the coaches for this? This club is an insular boys club echo chamber. Enright, Lappin & Knights weak. Scarlett too close to the players. Who is going to challenge these finals flops? Time to review. Big review of football operations. Pressure needs to be on Scott for these repeat failures in the same manner!
If this doesn’t happen expect 12 years of nothing.
It’s unacceptable what we have dished up in finals . Totally unacceptable!

Last edited:
Never said i was a know it all supporter, just stating a fact, all sides must eventually rebuild with youth, everything ends, all eras, like the Hawks and Tigers.
Oh man, you just had to mention those teams. I still agree, but did you have to mention those teams? Anyway, the Tigers will be back in finals next year.

HENRY/CLARK goal was indeed the most exciting of the season. Now Clark is on the outer and Henry is plugging holes in defence.

You can't have a team of clones; you have to chaps prepared to take the game on and equipped to do so. But our coaching team are big on defence at all costs it seems.

HENRY/CLARK goal was indeed the most exciting of the season. Now Clark is on the outer and Henry is plugging holes in defence.

You can't have a team of clones; you have to chaps prepared to take the game on and equipped to do so. But our coaching team are big on defence at all costs it seems.

CS, Scarlett and Enright were all defenders in their day.

He has to go.

Did another good job on Fritsch last night after beating him in round 23. Kolo is not and will never be a star, but is reliable and resilient.

Last night we were solely let down by the midfield. They should be apologising to the backline and forwards for being responsible for their worst collective performance of the year.

Late 80s.
How is he unfairly maligned? There may have been 1 short period (maybe 2016) where he looked like he MIGHT have promise.
He’s done nothing since then.
He's not a Mackie or Boris or Milburn, but he does his job every week.
Not highly skilled, but a decent mark, and his kicking efficiency is nowhere as bad as is portrayed here.

Far from it. He was one of our best in fact.

On the whole he showed composure that was sadly lacking in many of our bigger names.

That was the thing Geel lacked in that 1st qtr

I think it was Miers he dropped 2 marks - he just had to hold onto them - it would have steadied the side a bit - but no he dropped them - and Melb were off to the races . Toohey also dropped a crunch and difficult mark but no he dropped it as well

Zuthrie was good - he was composed - bar that 1 goal to Pickett - he played a really good game - a bit like a poor mans Mick Mansfield - in those 94 /95 GF hidings - he could hold his head high after his performance for Geel last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back