- jittery & nervous
- statistically worse
- look too old
- game over very early
- bottom 6 players awful
- embarrassing
- media messaging issues

Rinse & repeat
Who is going to put the heat on Scott and the coaches for this? This club is an insular boys club echo chamber. Enright, Lappin & Knights weak. Scarlett to close to the players. Who is going to challenge these finals flops? Time to review. Big review of football operations. Pressure needs to be on Scott for these repeat failures in the same manner!
If this doesn’t happen expect 12 years of nothing.
It’s unacceptable what we have dished up in finals . Totally unacceptable!

All that $hit.

And Melb couldn't play any better.

Lots of almost moments in the first half when we almost HTBs frees or a turn over , but got the ball out landed their way.

He's not a Mackie or Boris or Milburn, but he does his job every week.
Not highly skilled, but a decent mark, and his kicking efficiency is nowhere as bad as is portrayed here.
Because he’s always kicking it backwards to a free team mate.
Krueger would be a better option. He shows aggression at the ball and tackles hard.
He should he in the team for those attributes alone.
And he’s played 2 games.

Quite unfortunate that Geelong keeps having these unusual unlucky "off" games in finals.

Stuff like this is a bit like the old adage I see so often 'we couldn't play any worse'. I saw that after the QF, and the answer from the club was "yes, we can in fact play much worse". A team can always play much worse.

I agree

The context John Worsfold said it - was in response to the Eagles copping those two 90pt floggings this year

And he said as a coach - re one game a year - you can normally expect 1 game a year - where everything goes wrong - so you can dismiss it - but he said if it happens a 2nnd time ( like it did to the Eagles ) then the alarms bells go off

Theres no out or excuse for Geel - but lets see how much Melb win the GF by - i think they are slightly better unit than Rich - and got more polish

Because he’s always kicking it backwards to a free team mate.
Krueger would be a better option. He shows aggression at the ball and tackles hard.
He should he in the team for those attributes alone.
And he’s played 2 games.
Kolo is a different player. I rate your pov; I just think he has a purpose and we know what we get. Will never be a star, but he is certainly adequate, and not the problem. Our MF is.

Theres no out or excuse for Geel - but lets see how much Melb win the GF by - i think they are slightly better unit than Rich - and got more polish

Melbourne way better than Richmond.

Better ruck.

Better backline.

Two A grade mids compared to Richmond’s one.

Only position Richmond shades them for is key forwards.

I but lets see how much Melb win the GF by - i think they are slightly better unit than Rich - and got more polish
I don’t think I’ve ever been more certain of a team winning a GF than I am of them next week. Maybe Essendon 2000.

Having said that it would be pretty funny if they didn’t win it.

I've re-watched parts of the game, even at our best, and we were far from it, I don't think we'd get close to them last night, geez they were brutally awesome at times.
We are far from a flag..

Gee, you're game.

Last night midway through the 3rd quarter I changed my mindset from being despondent at how s**t we were to looking on in awe at how good Melbourne were playing. Would probably be like how Port fans felt back in 2007.

I don’t think I’ve ever been more certain of a team winning a GF than I am of them next week. Maybe Essendon 2000.

Having said that it would be pretty funny if they didn’t win it.

Port at their best can take it up to them. But they’re a 3-5 goal worse side away from AO.

Bulldogs would get annihilated next week. Like us they’ve been hit with injury at the wrong time (Bruce, Keath), have Bont playing on one leg tonight and have rushed in Stef Martin out of desperation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kolo is a different player. I rate your pov; I just think he has a purpose and we know what we get. Will never be a star, but he is certainly adequate, and not the problem. Our MF is.

Kolo certainly isn't THE problem, but he's part of it. Just not good enough imo.

I'd also put Blicavs, Atkins, Higgins, Dahl, Rohan, Menegola, Hendo and now, sadly, Selwood, in that basket.

Selwood has been an unbelievable player, but his time has come. Father Time has nailed him, as it has with Dahl and Higgins.

The rest just don't have it, and consistently panic / fail under pressure.

The end is coming quickly for Danger too I reckon. He can no longer break away with pace, even though his competitive will still remains.

Gee, you're game.

Last night midway through the 3rd quarter I changed my mindset from being despondent at how s**t we were to looking on in awe at how good Melbourne were playing. Would probably be like how Port fans felt back in 2007.

I think since I was resigned to that kind of performance (but **** me not the margin) and that it was over very early that I don't feel all that badly about the game.
Don't get me wrong, I'm full of all of those emotions but it's not like last years GF, or 13 finals series, or 08 GF.
I think because at those times there was genuine hope that was quashed, but last night was cynically expected.

Melbourne way better than Richmond.

Better ruck.

Better backline.

Two A grade mids compared to Richmond’s one.

Only position Richmond shades them for is key forwards.

Well thats even debateable because i thought Ben Brown played superbly - he topped them off beautifully - they could take the option of a long kick to him at FF - and his O/Head marking - strong one grabs - he beat Blicavs 3-4 times one on one pointless

Well thats even debateable because i thought Ben Brown played superbly - he topped them off beautifully - they could take the option of a long kick to him at FF - and his O/Head marking - strong one grabs - he beat Blicavs 3-4 times one on one pointless
McDonald is an ok player too, and they have Weideman waiting nin the wings. He can play.

Disturbed by Scott referring to the early 2000’s where all our young ens played heaps of 2’s prior to establishing themselves. its true that worked BUT kids are different now, and the comp is far more aggressive at approaching and getting into young talanted players with the promise of game time. Scott related that to playing in a bottom 4 club but these days if managed well at the draft, a bottom 4 club can rise quickly. I think internally they are working on a few Shiboleths - which are things that used to be true but are no longer true. How can anyone watch last night and be in denial that they so far off being competitive it is sad. Just be honest and tell us that the club football management default strategy is to make sure we win all our home games, make finals and be financially viable. Either we are being run like that or we are totally inadequate at planning and executing for a premiership.

Does he know that Melbourne have been in the same scenario, yeah?

Is anyone buying his 'our club has had to endure things that others haven't' shtick?

Well, Richmond was feted last year for having "triumphed against the odds" (completely ignoring who they triumphed over in the GF). I guess Scott tried a similar theme, albeit with a different outcome.

Disturbed by Scott referring to the early 2000’s where all our young ens played heaps of 2’s prior to establishing themselves.

Did they though? Bartel famously spent about half a season, not 2-3 years like the players that have been frozen out under Scott. Most of them were playing, the Corey's were getting beaten to a pulp by the Lions. Then it was their coming of age when they finally turned the tables. We were pumping 50 games into the likes of Gardner and Playfair FFS.

My first grand final, 1988 saw the Dees poleaxed by Hawthorn to the tune of 93 points. Again I was there in 2000, when the Bombers smashed them by 60 points. Both times, and at many Melbourne games since, I've been astounded at the lack of football knowledge shown by so many of their supporters. It's simply infuriating, when they are screaming and spitting against frees the whole football world knows are there. So pig ignorant and entitled.
Dumb fanatics, not fans of football. Given top draft picks for their incompetence and years in the wilderness , a fate many here want for us.
So I must be the only neutral person who will barrack against them.

Am with you. Totally against them. But I’m pretty sure everyone I back is going to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I feel Chris Scott and Adam Simpson are similar style coaches who play a similar style. Both will be reluctant to change to the determent of our clubs.
about as alike as the Faith Healer and Albanese.
Scott is arrogant and a bully. Simpson is far from either of those.
Scott has pulled the wool over peoples eyes for a long time.He is a dud.How Brian Cook did not see through him is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back