Autopsy Geelong smashed by Demons in PF and its gonna be a long summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad bad loss. Feels like we just went over the cliff that's been growing.

It's not a loss where you feel that if we make a few pre season changes we can bounce back.

Not much potential for improvement. This really sucks.

Haven't felt this way in a long long time, concerned about what happens from here.

I’m so sick of hearing this. Who honestly cares? Are we going to be saying in 20 years time “ohh but we were leading halfway through the GF in 2020”??
It doesn’t matter. It counts for zero.
It counts for evaluating where you were as a playing group and deciding that you can go on with it and do 1 better next year.

It's a permeating and bombastic trend in the AFL that clubs are always 'rebuilding'. As long as you are rebuilding you are exempt from criticism, to the point there was a team THAT MADE THE FINALS THAT SAID THEY DIDN'T CARE THEY WERE THERE.

Sorry for the caps, but the idea of making the finals and saying that kind of stuff is just ridiculous and it's such an incredibly odd sentiment in AFL circles that's actually accepted.

Sigh...

Absolute horseshit. A weak, insipid performance from a group with no will for the contest. It was white flag material and dare I say it, coach killing. There was no playing for the jumper, each other or the club. Sickening.

A midfield so one way it's embarrassing. A system that is completely incompatible with finals success and a team littered with players unable to cope with finals pressure.

This might be the wake up call that finally addresses some of the issues that have festered for years. Not holding my breath on that though.

Losing against the Demons in round 23 cost us. Beating Port at their home ground was always going to be hard. We needed to win our first final and have a week off for our
older legs. The last six weeks we have lost one player due to injury each week, we do
not have the depth to cover that. Too many hamstring injuries.

Mind you Melbourne were excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be shattered if it wasn’t anything but predictable.

Get smashed first final, beat lower ranker team in semi, get smashed in prelim. Rinse, repeat.
yes, but some rate a semi win as a counter balance for flops in QF's and PF's. We only win semi's , because we fail the QF test! Pathetic finals record!

We essentially got JC for a first rounder + Tim Kelly. Not an issue at all, he will still be performing for us long after Hawkins and Selwood have retired.
He will be lucky to be walking by the look of things.. The dude literally cannot move properly - either he is carrying injuries or we have recruited a person with the body of an 80 year old.. He can't jump, can't run, can't tackle, can't bend over - his body is finished unless he gets some Joe Rogan/Panama fetus stem cells injected into him.

He will be lucky to be walking by the look of things.. The dude literally cannot move properly - either he is carrying injuries or we have recruited a person with the body of an 80 year old.. He can't jump, can't run, can't tackle, can't bend over - his body is finished unless he gets some Joe Rogan/Panama fetus stem cells injected into him.

First injury interrupted year of his career. He’ll be fine with a pre-season. Least of our worries.

Would you rather have a tantrum over the internet about something out of your control ?

it sucks and changes need to be made but there’s more to life than having a tantrum over a loss
yet you gave me a disagree for essentially querying the over the top bellyaching during the game.
The earth will still turn tomorrow. Life does go on.

It’s time to start again. Who replaces Scott? Going to be a v.depressing year 2022 for foooty. It will take years to recover from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back