Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

They rubbed him down.
They iced him.
They put him on the bike twice.
They had him walk the boundary.

Hey, look. I'm not medical. But I reckon they decided scans had to happen.
There were only 3 important words in that post:

“I’m not medical”

He’s obsessed mate.
I get what you’re saying and it will be hard, but from what I’ve heard I’d be incredibly shocked if he didn’t play for Geelong at some stage.

Thats fine so long as our supporters accept it will be very painful.
2-3 first rounders in the teens wont get it done (even when reid is ooc) which means it will cost a b22 player like holmes, humphries, neale etc to get it done which is a price i wouldnt pay.

Vic clubs with top 6 picks are way more likely to get reid (as i said his agent will tell him to nominate a different club if we dont have the picks to get it done).
Unless we fall a lot i dont think its very plausible.

Harder efforts can lead to exhaustion which leads to errors which can lead to injuries…but mostly a limited interchange creates more pressure and workload

But yeah please keep up the insults all this over a 93 point win with a top 4 spot secured and posters are melting over a potential top 2 spot that was reliant on other results

I wish I could be more blunt in my response but I don’t want a card
I haven't had a card in 5 years. Miss them.
What would you like me to convey :p

‘Still’ watching our farewell to Hawkins + Touhy 💙🤍💙

Absolutely loving our rugged, tough players, who are so gentle + affectionate with their teammates’ children ♥️

Including Play it Sam ‘Your Boy Mannagh’s baby 💙🤍💙😿💙🤍💙View attachment 2089892

First Club leading the way to honour families. Thanks to the ethics of the late Frank Costa and Cooky.
We've done alright.

Last edited:
Tanner Bruhn did one of the purest little handballs I have ever seen in the middle to Stanley in the first quarter.

Hard to judge given the quality of opposition but tanner looks primed to break out.

2-3 first rounders in the teens wont get it done (even when reid is ooc) which means it will cost a b22 player like holmes, humphries, neale etc to get it done which is a price i wouldnt pay.

Vic clubs with top 6 picks are way more likely to get reid (as i said his agent will tell him to nominate a different club if we dont have the picks to get it done).
Unless we fall a lot i dont think it’s very plausible.
2-3 x firsts + humphries for a 20 or 21 year old Harley Reid?

Sign me up.

What did port have to give up to get JHf?

Talking before the match, Lonergan believes that Duncan will re-sign and that'll be partly to do with Geelong managing retirements rather than mass retirements in one year

But he also suggested a team like North could throw a multiple year deal at Duncan, like a 3-4 year deal, as he still has a lot out offer from an experience point of view

That seems on the excessively long side of things though

3 years. Lol 1 year like shiels at best. Duncans body is cooked.
No one would ever give him 3 years unless it was to get a coach outside the soft cap.

Fwiw i think duncan stays herefor 1 year or retires.

He’s obsessed mate.
I get what you’re saying and it will be hard, but from what I’ve heard I’d be incredibly shocked if he didn’t play for Geelong at some stage.
Reid would be an idiot to leave.
Pavlich, nic nat, and Fyfe have all refused all overtures.

And they are all worth a fortune. If you've only ever spent 1 week in Perth you'd know how much cash flows.
a footy career is short. WCE have nowhere to spend their Salary cap which increases by $2 mil per year for 2025.

WCE could actually offer him $8 mil over 4 years ....easily.......

2-3 x firsts + humphries for a 20 or 21 year old Harley Reid?

Sign me up.

What did port have to give up to get JHf?

The port trade had a number of different factors including wce panicking about sheezel and wardlaw (which shouldnt happen here). Reid is also a way better player than jhf.

On the rest if lawson tracks the way i think he will by 2026 i wouldnt give him up.
But we wont be able to get reid without giving up someone we dont want to.

Fwiw they would want 2-3 1sts humphries and neale and im not sure list wise that we can afford to give shannon up.
Id try to do it without trading either of those 2 but then you would need a 3rd/4th club involved.

Good win and hopefully nothing serious on the injury front.

If Duncan gets a contract I think the club has lost the plot. He’s as close to cooked as I’ve seen a Geelong player in a long time. I don’t care if people think too many are retiring at once - purely from a playing perspective he is 100% done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beautiful warm day at the footy, and heartwarming too, packed to the rafters to farewell our heroes. Set my very old Catters Mum up in the stands to farewell her favourite 26, and she loved it.
Great win, as expected, but to hope for second spot always defied reality, so take the game as a warm up and confidence builder for finals. Something we were unsure of seeing during a 7 run of losses.
As well, thank the Footy Gods that injuries seem slight, not sure about O Henry's wrist, but they left him on.
Mighty Cats.
Your family is so fortunate to have you caring for them 💖
Imagining your Mum farewelling,
Hawkins. . .with extra special honour
💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙

And they are all worth a fortune. If you've only ever spent 1 week in Perth you'd know how much cash flows.
a footy career is short. WCE have nowhere to spend their Salary cap which increases by $2 mil per year for 2025.

Nic nat, Fyfe and Pavlich were in very different situations than Reid.

As ****ed as the world is mate, it’s not ALWAYS about money.

Unless we fall a lot i dont think its very plausible.
Spot on.
But will happen.

They rubbed him down.
They iced him.
They put him on the bike twice.
They had him walk the boundary.

Hey, look. I'm not medical. But I reckon they decided scans had to happen.
No worries. You’ll be pleasantly surprised when he plays in two weeks.

Had to win big to give ourselves a shot at top 2 and we did. Not sure we can complain too much. WC were never going to be as uncompetitive in the second half as they were in the first and we had the job done, so the preservation mode was totally understandable, especially down two men after the break.

Last edited:
Good win and hopefully nothing serious on the injury front.

If Duncan gets a contract I think the club has lost the plot. He’s as close to cooked as I’ve seen a Geelong player in a long time. I don’t care if people think too many are retiring at once - purely from a playing perspective he is 100% done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder if we will give him 1 more though if he agrees to be mostly vfl.
Hawk tuohy stanley dunc rohan parf etc is a lot to replace with late picks if the early ones go on smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back