No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC likes to hire a coach for this.

Whoever he used for Langford that year he couldn’t hit Chadstone shopping centre with his set shot clearly wasn’t a good hire.

Its actually amazing how every result other than our own keeps going against us.

Needed Sydney to win that. Needed Geelong to win last night. Watch Melbourne win now.
Anytime a team above us loses it brings them closer to us. Sure the Cats could have done us a favor but it tightens everything up from about 5th down to us. Just keep winning and at some point there will be spots in the 8 there for the taking.

Anytime a team above us loses it brings them closer to us. Sure the Cats could have done us a favor but it tightens everything up from about 5th down to us. Just keep winning and at some point there will be spots in the 8 there for the taking.
Results also make not only top 8 but even top 4 plausible on form. All five remaining games are very winnable

The Swans Brisbane game today looked like a bottom four fight for draft picks in the first quarter. Then things improved to the point where it looked like a couple of teams auditioning for who plays Hawthorn in the grand final.

Squiggle officially has us making finals now (by about 0.3% over Port) - I could live without the predicted 1 point loss to the Cats week 1 however.......

If it ends port 8th hawks 9th with tiny percentage better or equal, port got in by a dodgy 20 second timekeeping error

Like 2011 when we had to travel to freo for finals because drew v st kilda with shot at goal denied over interchange dispute (remember that rule not imposed so hotly today

Last edited:
People are sleeping on the lions ! They are out and out more talented and overall better side than the bluuz. İt could be Swans v Lions granny. As for us? We've left it too late unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are sleeping on the lions ! They are out and out more talented and overall better side than the bluuz. İt could be Swans v Lions granny. As for us? We've left it too late unfortunately.
This remains to be seen. Our start didn't help, but we've put ourselves in a position where we are still in it.

If we can make finals, I don't think there's any such thing as too late. Not anymore. The pre-finals bye does a good job of taking away most of the advantage the top 4 have, for better or worse.

David King singing a different hymn this morning and tbh it shits me
I've already said it before, his analysis is around finding one stat he thinks is revolutionary and then trying to make every conclusion fit.

He's the Daniel David Palmer of footy pundits (that's a deep cut for anyone who gets it).

If we can make finals, I don't think there's any such thing as too late. Not anymore. The pre-finals bye does a good job of taking away most of the advantage the top 4 have, for better or worse.
This season is so even it's ridiculous. It's round 18, and there's 11 teams that could considered an 'outside chance' for top 4, and 15 are still a mathematical chance of top 8.

Swans can still miss finals (Losing every game by a pt). They were three games clear in 1st!
We can win every remaining game and finish 9th.
We lose 3 games and make finals.

This season is so even it's ridiculous. It's round 18, and there's 11 teams that could considered an 'outside chance' for top 4, and 15 are still a mathematical chance of top 8.

Swans can still miss finals (Losing every game by a pt). They were three games clear in 1st!
We can win every remaining game and finish 9th.
We lose 3 games and make finals.
Haha crazy season

Left it too late to win a flag probably. A final not so much
I'm not sure they have. If they get to 2nd spot, they ride the home ground to the GF where they might avoid a Victorian club and play the Swans, who they just beat and who are starting to face some injuries. I definitely thought they'd cooked their season early days (as I did with us) but their strong form is coinciding with others falling. They have the talent to win it and they are very close to finishing in a position where they could avoid playing a Victorian side at the G, which is their big weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back