Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll cost us a late 1st rounder, guaranteed. I’m not overly fussed as we’ll get another first for TK. Probably worth it if he gets his head right.
For a 30 yr old with serious issues. Get ******.

Even our 2nd rnd pick is probably overpaying. If he was a few years younger it would be different.

He’ll cost us a late 1st rounder, guaranteed. I’m not overly fussed as we’ll get another first for TK. Probably worth it if he gets his head right.
Not a hope the club will throw a 1st round pick at a 30 year old player from a bottom side team

Herald Sun running with Higgins to the Cats, thoughts peeps?
Class player for sure, and probably the type we need (outside spreader who uses it very well and hits the scoreboard), but he'll be 32 by the start of next season...
No, too old.

Jack Steven on the other hand, yes I would be okay if its a cheap trade and doesn't cost much contract $ wise. He could easily play another 2 full seasons at a decent level. Jack Steven + Saints 4th rounder for our 2nd rounder, unless we send Abbott to them with our 3rd rounder.

I don't think we should trade Constable at all, need to assess him after 2 more seasons I feel.

Hes 30 with off field issues no way. 2nd rounder same as Hannebery.

Spewing Crows started playing Darcy Fogarty... playing great today
If we could've lured him, that would've been great

I dont think he was ever leaving contracted.

Id take Jacobs or Ryder for a year issue is if their clubs offer them 1 year they wont move interstate unless its for 2 years and i dont like giving multi year deals to over 30s (Ablett is an exception due to talent). Jenkins has the same issue as he has 2 years to run on his contract.

It's retro round, right.? I'm having a good time looking back but regret the posts were not always on this forum. The majority was from 16-17.

When you talk about Marshall I'm thinking of the defenders that were on him in recent games -

Ari Sakeson - who is he, held both Marshall & Battle to low numbers
Nathan Kreuger - South Adelaide Height 194 Weight 83

Interesting, don't believe McCluggage will make it past 2, he's topline and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, he can also play as that quality sml fwd.

Ess bid on Setterfield please ;) throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Cal is right, changes everything.

Surely the Lions will want to link Ainsworth up with Schache, Green is gone and they do have plenty of talls but their midfield could also use some new blood, maybe they grab Taranto, who can kick goals but I hope not.

Would really like Suns to get Taranto @ 4. If Ainsworth was here, he'd be too good to let go.

Possible that Carl bid on Bowes here if Setterfield is gone. If the next pick is going on a mid, you all know I have a liking for Brodie, if it's going on a def. I prefer Scrimshaw (I know you'd block me if I chose Logue) :p

Looking at the team list we have Hanley, Harbs, Joyce, KK, Lemmens, McKenzie, Rosa, Saad, Schoenfeld, Shaw and Willis, all capable of playing a similar role in varying degrees but Scrimshaw looks to have plenty of upside, long term.

So, Taranto, Bowes, Brodie, Scrimshaw, Scheer :thumbsu:

@GeelongVFL Our coverage throughout the year for the VFL is very ordinary, particularly for interstate fans.

Many other clubs offer live vision of their VFL games, for the most part all we, Cats supporters, get to see is thru a slanted lens. We rely on other clubs to show our games or the few BF members that attend, for the commentary.

You cannot expect fans to sign up on blind faith, loyalty only goes so far.

One of my favourite's from last year's draft class was Ryhlee West - 29 touches 4 goals in VFL this weekend... He's gonna be a gun.

I think last year's draft was super strong.
Yeah it was, better kids than him though so far, maybe long term will prove different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously hope that any talk of trading Constable is rubbish. Aside from him being an excellent young player, we are going to lose a few top line mids over the next few years. Whilst he may be struggling for a regular game at the moment, it won’t be for much longer.

If they want too much we wait 12 months and get him for nothing. Only way saints get any value for him is to except he will be gone the year after anyway, and take what they can get. Not in a million years will it be a rnd 1.
I doubt he will play more than a year tbh he would be a stop gap fill until the kids are big enough to replace him imo

I still don’t want him personally

Whats the value of 20 games ... cause in 12 months time he cost us nothing..
He was so unfit today.

Does he even play 20 games in a year.? The cost Saints are asking is way more than I would pay for 5 or 6 games but hey, we've paid that price before.

He was so unfit today.

Does he even play 20 games in a year.? The cost Saints are asking is way more than I would pay for 5 or 6 games but hey, we've paid that price before.
He’s barely played any games this year , with his age and issues that’s a huge liability

A massive massive no for me ...I can’t see it ending well if he comes here as he will barely last a year if that.

I seriously hope that any talk of trading Constable is rubbish. Aside from him being an excellent young player, we are going to lose a few top line mids over the next few years. Whilst he may be struggling for a regular game at the moment, it won’t be for much longer.
He signed a 2-year extension last year, so unless something crazy happens he'll be at the club for at least 2 more seasons.

I know he'll be frustrated at not being a regular best 22 player in his second season but not every player drafted is & bidding time in the VFL is what a lot of very good players have gone through.

The following are games played across first couple of seasons for past Geelong players & I don't think VFL time did these guys any harm:
- Chappy: 4 & 9 games
- Josh Hunt: 6, 7 & 2 games
- Mackie: 0 & 13 games

As far as next year, I wonder if a lot of action will come about depending on what we do in September.
1. If we were to win it, would it be reasonable to expect GAJ, Taylor, and maybe Selwood to hang up the boots?
Or could Joel and/or Harry go to GC for a 4 year deal, 2 as player, etc.?
In the case of a flag, no way should we go after a 30yo, unless it was felt there was a BTB chance and everybody stays on another year. And that's not allowing for Kelly.
2. If we were to go out straight sets, again, I could see that being curtains for GAJ and Taylor. Maybe I'm seeing things incorrectly. Then a rebuild of sorts, or at least going for quality young players.

I'm struggling to accept that we are going to be in contention next year if we win it this year, or if we are out early this year.

Do you feel we are in contention .. or do you think it depends on who we play.. can we win it? If we cant win it .I dont think we are in contention.. anyway..
Id not mind if you are right. id not mind a total a lot action ..I just have my doubts about it happening any time soon.. we are on top of the ladder .. I cant see we come to the end of the season ..and CS says.. rebuild required.

I dont see anything specific happening along these lines or other till CScott reaches the end of his tenure. Cs is signed to 2022... it would take two years of below exepect finishes perhaps in 2020 and 2021 for any change of a coach to happen early ... so while he is admin, he will continue to believe in the echo chamber of being "competitive" .. so we will continue to waft around near the top 9 of the 18 , we will continue to top up with the short term options and hopefully find a some half decent young players along the way. A couple of final wins this year will probably only confirm that any criticism was superficial and simplistic.

1, If we do win .. yes possible that those players go. No matter if we win a flag or not I suspect that if we can get a certain best 22 player thats 30.. that might give us 50 games we will still look at him to replace the players who go. If we lose GA and Sel and maybe someone we cant or do not expect yet .. It will not surprise me that we look at Steven or Higgins.

2, If we go out in straight sets .. I don't see much difference to be honest.

Just having a look, what’s the value of jack Steven in your views? A second rounder for a 29 yr old arguably in his prime, 8th in the Brownlow last year and a 4x BNF?
Last year no doubt you would of got a 1st round pick... But recruit a bloke who unfortunately has mental issues ( Mitch Clark ) we gave up a wonderful player in Varcoe in a 3 way trade.
Look at Collingwood who gave up the house for Beams, I bet you if they had there chance again they wouldn't give up no way what they did...
His 30 years old... Not 26... His 30 on the other end of his prime... A 2nd round pick is fair

I think you know my pov on this ... but I will counter that and say most of the players are probably tradeable in the clubs eyes if the deal is right. Id say at least 25-35% of the list will be unhappy 50% of the time .. if a player is missing out on games they will look on and think that a missjudgement is being made .. and some will look at other opportunities. I wonder if we to some degree have the same issues when out of Vic clubs draft VicM players.. they probably start thinking about stuff like.if I have to play VFL..id rather be playing it 10 minute s from home etc..

All that can disappear quickly.. or perhaps not. There will always be churn to some degree.

As you say CC is contracted.. and any action on the talk should be to geelong's gain.. cause by 2021 he could be a very strong best 22 player for us.

Last year no doubt you would of got a 1st round pick... But recruit a bloke who unfortunately has mental issues ( Mitch Clark ) we gave up a wonderful player in Varcoe in a 3 way trade.
Look at Collingwood who gave up the house for Beams, I bet you if they had there chance again they wouldn't give up no way what they did...
His 30 years old... Not 26... His 30 on the other end of his prime... A 2nd round pick is fair

Last year they wanted 2 R1's...

He signed a 2-year extension last year, so unless something crazy happens he'll be at the club for at least 2 more seasons.

I know he'll be frustrated at not being a regular best 22 player in his second season but not every player drafted is & bidding time in the VFL is what a lot of very good players have gone through.

The following are games played across first couple of seasons for past Geelong players - don't think VFL time did these guys any harm:
- Chappy: 4 & 9 games
- Josh Hunt: 6, 7 & 2 games
- Mackie: 0 & 13 games
Constable should get a game on form but his position is not what we, as a team, need right now.

If he (Chook) is serious, he needs to acknowledge that & work towards becoming the player that forces others out of the senior team because he can offer more than the player in that current position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back