Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Geelong’s first goal came from Ted Cohlesy (one goal, 15 disposals and five tackles), a junior from Geelong Falcons on debut for the VFL side, who recorded the most tackles for the Cats and showed plenty of upside throughout the match."

I suppose we will be looking at him... Especially if he drops to Pick 40, auto select.

"VFL players Matt Ling (21 disposals, five marks), Jye Chalcraft (23 disposals, six marks, five clearances) and Tanner Lovell (20 disposals, two clearances) all put forward a solid effort.

Mid-season recruit Zane Williams (25 disposals, nine marks) had one of his better matches for the year getting plenty of touches at half-back."

Is Chalcraft or Ling worthy of rookie selection? Probably Chalcraft maybe...

"Geelong’s first goal came from Ted Cohlesy (one goal, 15 disposals and five tackles), a junior from Geelong Falcons on debut for the VFL side, who recorded the most tackles for the Cats and showed plenty of upside throughout the match."

I suppose we will be looking at him... Especially if he drops to Pick 40, auto select.

"VFL players Matt Ling (21 disposals, five marks), Jye Chalcraft (23 disposals, six marks, five clearances) and Tanner Lovell (20 disposals, two clearances) all put forward a solid effort.

Mid-season recruit Zane Williams (25 disposals, nine marks) had one of his better matches for the year getting plenty of touches at half-back."

Is Chalcraft or Ling worthy of rookie selection? Probably Chalcraft maybe...
I have loved watching Chalcraft this year. He goes hard and is a good clearance player. But I can also see why he hasn’t been picked up. Not sure he has AFL level skills. Wouldn’t be unhappy to see him on rookie list but not sure he is on the radar

Ling I liked early but he has tailed off. Often doesnt give the easy option and runs himself into trouble.

Given how tight the list Will be in 2023 I doubt either will get a crack - even on rookie. I suspect they may need to re-rookie Frank and Simpson to manage the main list - and I think they would choose each of these ahead of the vfl players

If we are going for Hopper, it sounds like Selwood is retiring, imho. Irrespective if we win the Flag or not.

On form Danger is the one who should consider all his options. He is getting caught when he used to just burst away. He is throwing himself in at contest like a Rookie roughnut journeyman...

True. I’m a believer though that if you see quality take it. We are pretty well stocked for young mids and small forwards. Yes, it would be nice to pick up a tall but at where we are picking from all the good ones will be gone anyway.

Well thats true enough. its how list get slightly out of balance but what cna you do but pick the most like kid with your first pick and balance it with later picks.

I think we could have gone another way in the MSD really... the kid will be hard pressed to climb over the others in his role...meanwhile our backline in the VFL looks mother hubbard

Iv been pushing to get Hopper for years, but this he has been really below average.. yes his had a knee injury but this still doesn't look good

I only saw some bit in the last quarter... but the way GWS are playing with a chess keep possesion slow style , with a temp coach and the season done... ..then add you are thinking about where you are next year. Id think a few guys would struggle to play well.

Im not convinced looking at their form in their games reflects how they would go in geelong ina side going well.

I remember at the end of 2006, we had several players that looked ordinary.

Well thats true enough. its how list get slightly out of balance but what cna you do but pick the most like kid with your first pick and balance it with later picks.

I think we could have gone another way in the MSD really... the kid will be hard pressed to climb over the others in his role...meanwhile our backline in the VFL looks mother hubbard

I think if they develop Williams as a small defender then he could have a future. Can’t see it elsewhere.

Re. our draft strategy, I wouldn’t be shocked to see us seriously look at Weddle if we retain our first. Maybe Clohesy or Clarke later on. If they are looking at a tall forward later, perhaps Caddy? (The surname does send shudders mind you…).

I really hope we don't look at or in Bins for our draft selections Turbo :D

I think he will be picked before he is binned...

Jaxon Binns (Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country)
29/10/2004 | 182cm | 73kg | Wing/Forward

What he does well:

Having amassed an eye-watering 39 disposals against the Allies just a few weeks back, it is clear Binns has little trouble finding the footy. What sets him apart is his work rate, with the Dandenong Stingrays product a high capacity runner on the outside. He puts in a mountain of work jetting up and back between the arcs, which suits the wing role to a t. Even as a high half-forward, Binns is effective and has shown he is capable of hitting the scoreboard.

The knock:

Accumulating so much of the ball means your disposal and decision making will come under more scrutiny that others. Binns is usually a neat user in the short range, but sometimes blazes away when launching into attack. He tends to pick viable options, but works so hard that perhaps the kicks on the end of his running suffer. With a touch more polish, he has potential to be a super damaging player given the areas he carries the ball into.

I think if they develop Williams as a small defender then he could have a future. Can’t see it elsewhere.

Re. our draft strategy, I wouldn’t be shocked to see us seriously look at Weddle if we retain our first. Maybe Clohesy or Clarke later on. If they are looking at a tall forward later, perhaps Caddy? (The surname does send shudders mind you…).

Caddy is next year I believe..

As you said...what do you do ..,.when you are sweeping up the dregs. My bet the best kid available will be a FP..the last role we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been told we have met with Jayden Davey 3 times. He is the twin that missed this year with a knee injury and is a father son for Bombers. Was coached last year at Xavier by Matty Egan. He thinks that Essendon may not have enough points to get both him and his brother.

His brother wont go top 15 and jayden is a late/rookie pick so bombers easily have the points for both. Best case scenario is we bid and they match as we did with gulden.

On form Danger is the one who should consider all his options. He is getting caught when he used to just burst away. He is throwing himself in at contest like a Rookie roughnut journeyman...

Danger is contracted for 2 years though selwood isnt.

Danger is contracted for 2 years though selwood isnt.
Understand that, but if he can not elevate from where he is.. I wonder how that sits with him. It would have to be his choice not the club.

Contracts can be ripped up, just this week we have seen a retirement of a contracted player. Would Danger do that of he felt he could not play to a level he was used to? I dont know. I hope he can find something more than just desperate acts as he moves past 300 games. He had been a champion...many champs do not get to 300 when they play like he has, and many champs do not like to slide back into the big pool of good to very good players.

Understand that, but if he can not elevate from where he is.. I wonder how that sits with him. It would have to be his choice not the club.

Contracts can be ripped up, just this week we have seen a retirement of a contracted player. Would Danger do that of he felt he could not play to a level he was used to? I dont know. I hope he can find something more than just desperate acts as he moves past 300 games. He had been a champion...many champs do not get to 300 when they play like he has, and many champs do not like to slide back into the big pool of good to very good players.

I agree with all that but theres two differences with devon smith 1. Its clearly a medical retirement so payout will be outside the cap and 2. Even if payout was inside cap bombers have acres of cap room to pay it.

Unless danger somehow qualified for a medical retirement (which i doubt) no way a top 4 club is putting an inside cap payout of a guy on the kind of money he is on-may as well have him on field if youre going to have to pay for him either way. I agree he has declined from peak danger though.

I agree with all that but theres two differences with devon smith 1. Its clearly a medical retirement so payout will be outside the cap and 2. Even if payout was inside cap bombers have acres of cap room to pay it.

Unless danger somehow qualified for a medical retirement (which i doubt) no way a top 4 club is putting an inside cap payout of a guy on the kind of money he is on-may as well have him on field if youre going to have to pay for him either way. I agree he has declined from peak danger though.
What happens cap-wise if he were to retire after start of preseason training but before any games?

Can’t agree with this. Dangerfield has still been very dominant in 2-3 games this year.

People just have much higher expectations on Dangerfield.

He is going much better than Selwood.

Injuries have been a concern for danger this year. But when he has been fit he’s again been close to our best player.
Staggering that people want to retire him. It’s true that we are in the position we are this season because of a huge lift of the lesser players and a better game plan.
But the difference makers are Danger and Cameron. If they don’t play in the finals we will not win the grand final.

We are the best team in the comp this season pretty clearly but the fitness of those two is massive.

Danger was on the radio this morning.

He spoke about how in two years when his contract is up that he would have been playing for half of his actual life.

People can talk about him retiring all they want (not sure why they would)... But it's just not realistic unless he perhaps does a knee or breaks a bone etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back