Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikes me. that Ollie Henry and Bruhn are incredibly overrated on this Board....in particular the former.

2nd rounder for Bruhn..

Early 2nd rounder yes.

Our 2nd rounder no

Bluntly put, are you insane?

Dangerfield was clear BoG against Essendon and the Dogs this year, and would have been BoG against the Demons had he kicked 2.2 and not 0.4. And he hasn’t exactly played every game.

You don’t push players like that out to pasture.

Not once did I mention pushing him out.

I suggested he may consider his own future if all he could do was play to a level lower than he previously played at. Plenty of top line sportsmen retire early due to that. It would be his choice.

He is contracted. Obviously he will not be pushed out of anywhere... listening to his interview the other day he seems happy within himself atm.

Can’t agree with this. Dangerfield has still been very dominant in 2-3 games this year.

People just have much higher expectations on Dangerfield.

He is going much better than Selwood.

My comment was about what he is happy with not others expectations. if were to compare the two. Both he and Joels number the last few years are down from their best years but both are contributing. Id say both are going to control their futures..i cant see either being told its time

Strikes me. that Ollie Henry and Bruhn are incredibly overrated on this Board....in particular the former.

2nd rounder for Bruhn..

Id say that the draft value of picks is over rated. Once the picks get outside the top ten then it traditionally falls away, from what I have seen especially in this years draft.

Then again, on what Bruhn has played like , he is well short of the "idea" a potential top 10 player. Its only a guess but how would he look playing U18 or in our system? How does he compare to a kid w could get for the pick we have to use to trade for him?

If we only think Bruhn is comparable to a kid at P30 plus in the draft..then he probably doesnt get games for us next year. Id say give him a miss and draft someone.. and have a kid for two years of cheaper wages. Perhaps a tall defender.

If Hopper only cost us this years 1st you take it in a heart beat. He has been playing ordinary this year and will never be a top 40 player in the game but he’ll play a good 110ish games for our club. No soft first 20-30 like a rookie. You take that from a pick 20 everyday of the week and twice on Sundays

If the best we could get was a player similar to Knevitt...as thats the range our R1 will be then ...Id trade that for Hopper for sure...as long as his knee checks out

Id say that the draft value of picks is over rated. Once the picks get outside the top ten then it traditionally falls away, from what I have seen especially in this years draft.

Then again, on what Bruhn has played like , he is well short of the "idea" a potential top 10 player. Its only a guess but how would he look playing U18 or in our system? How does he compare to a kid w could get for the pick we have to use to trade for him?

If we only think Bruhn is comparable to a kid at P30 plus in the draft..then he probably doesnt get games for us next year. Id say give him a miss and draft someone.. and have a kid for two years of cheaper wages. Perhaps a tall defender.
They are interested in Bruhn to see if he can progress and force his way into the team next season, but it will be more for the years after when our old mids retire and/or decline. Hopper is a now player.

No doubt we would’ve been interested. It’ll be interesting how their salary cap is going paying huge money to their top 8 players. McKay and TDK will also be out of contract next year. Reckon we try again for TDK

Would love to have a go at TDK again.

Would love to have a go at TDK again.
I don't see his value. He'll never be a star ruckman and he's not a genuine key position player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt Curnow was a target. But not THE target.

Cats will have some serious cash at the end of this year and they’ll be going hard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
At who?

Pretty sure Ex Falcon Darcy Parish is a free agent next year. Essendon hardly going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back