Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has had a few chances and been terrible. He will be delisted for sure
Terrible way too harsh. He’s played 7 games, in one of which he got I injured in first half, so 6 games for three goals.

I agree he hasn’t knocked the lights out by any stretch but way to early to write someone off.

Jeez it is hard to keep up with the media. Am I missing anyone from this list of players "linked to Geelong"?

Hopper
Grundy
Bruhn
Henry
Degoey
Scott
Acres

Were we initially linked to Taranto as well? Has anyone said Goldstein?
maybe add Dusty to the list as well :tonguewink:

Inbuilt assumption that he gets back to near his best. I agree, there’s some risk he doesn’t. If you can get him for $700k a year and no more than a first round pick you do that deal if he passes a medical.

Yep grundy is a clear upgrade on our rucks is a gun. And i agree on your price 700k and a late R1.
But i would want a VERY thorough medical i dont want another hmac scenario.

Jeez it is hard to keep up with the media. Am I missing anyone from this list of players "linked to Geelong"?

Hopper
Grundy
Bruhn
Henry
Degoey
Scott
Acres

Were we initially linked to Taranto as well? Has anyone said Goldstein?

Pretty sure that's a yes

I’ll sign out of pity.
I'm curious what they think will happen once they get 100 signatures? Is the club going to suddenly go,

"Oh thanks, we had never thought of enquiring about the availability of young SDK without this petition - please assist the club with all future list management decisions by undertaking the same process..."

Wonder if we should look at something similar, start a petition for what actions we want Wells to take during the trade & draft period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm curious what they think will happen once they get 100 signatures? Is the club going to suddenly go,

"Oh thanks, we had never thought of enquiring about the availability of young SDK without this petition - please assist the club with all future list management decisions by undertaking the same process..."

Wonder if we should look at something similar, start a petition for what actions we want Wells to take during the trade & draft period
I'd be surprised if there wasn't already a "sack Chris Scott" petition somewhere

No thanks, why would we want him, bog ordinary from what he has shown and had his chance as a father son.

He made his bed and can lie in it, enjoy North Melbourne Bailey.
Outside players often look much better in a better team, the anti Brad Hill to St Kilda scenario.

Still, it's kind of confusing. Why ask for a trade to the bankers?

Are we now reaching the point of the AFL Trade silly season that sees us linked to every player...

Yep, Geelong don't have any players who can play on the wing.:rolleyes:

Yep, Geelong don't have any players who can play on the wing.:rolleyes:
Would rather Bailey Scott as he's even younger still, but against future proofing Rabs?

Menegola, Duncan, Tuohy and Isaac Smith all do and can play wing and are all over 30 with feasibly 0-3 years left each.

Would rather Bailey Scott as he's even younger still, but against future proofing Rabs?

Menegola, Duncan, Tuohy and Isaac Smith all do and can play wing and are all over 30 with feasibly 0-3 years left each.
No, I was thinking more along the lines of Knevitt, Holmes and Dempsey at the average age of 19.

Of ******* course he is lmao

We've been crying for a proper ruckman for a decade now. Grundy is one of the best at that position when healthy.
Collingwood were running with Darcy Cameron over Grundy and had no plans to bring him back in.

Collingwood and magpie fans shed no tears when he was ruled out for the season.

That says to me he is no good.

No, I was thinking more along the lines of Knevitt, Holmes and Dempsey at the average age of 19.
And we can't do both?
Only 1 of those 3 has shown AFL level football so far.

Inbuilt assumption that he gets back to near his best. I agree, there’s some risk he doesn’t. If you can get him for $700k a year and no more than a first round pick you do that deal if he passes a medical.
Haven’t we been down this path before? From memory it didn’t go well.

And we can't do both?
Only 1 of those 3 has shown AFL level football so far.
I think that there are more important positional priorities.
And I would rather them get another summer in the gym and see how they go in 2023.

Last edited:
Yep grundy is a clear upgrade on our rucks is a gun. And i agree on your price 700k and a late R1.
But i would want a VERY thorough medical i dont want another hmac scenario.
We should run for the hills, unless Collingwood pay half his contract.

Otherwise the risk far outweighs the likely return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back