Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

The dog got the walk... i got the talk.
Have been balls deep into a few...
We were chasing Josh Battle harder than most might think. Reckons that ship has sailed into another port.
Mason Wood has been approached.
For more of bringing in a true AFL professional albeit a 31yo for guiding figure that can offer 12-15 games a year for 2??
Likely staying. Money talks on this one unfortunately.
Apparently his work ethic and guidance with a few youngsters at Moorabbin has been top class.
Balls deep into Jye Caldwell and his team mate Will Setterfield prior to the season. Still have a shot at one(WS)
Did say the young fella Tsatis is up for sale... or should i say available.
Going hard at Bowes ex team mate Alex Davies. A bit praise from those within that he is undervalued in QLD.
Cooper Hamilton?? got a mention when he said we've kicked Cummings' tyres. Adamant that a certain key defender in NSW an ex Bellarine boy will be in the hoops in 2 years time. His words... put ya house on it. lol.
Oh and Buku Khamis was again mentioned as we had approached him at the end of last season. Quite buoyed by our chances of snagging him as we left the car park. Again. Money will determine how this plays out.
Quick walk today as his kids were playing footy today.
Cheers Boys!!

We have been interested in battle for ages but his dad is a massive hawks nuffy thats the only place hes going.
Wood i agree on and ive said before id take him on a 2-3 year deal isaac style but if hes staying hes staying.
Caldwell will sign hes just milking them for cash.
Setterfield is interesting sometimes hes ok but then other times he looks a 1 dimensional waste of time ala brodie. Id only pay a really late pick like when he left carlton.

Davies fills me with hope as i think hes gettable and is what we need. Lots of clubs will chase him though.
If by key defender you are talking idun i doubt hes signed til 26 and has spurned chances to come home in the past i doubt he does.

Cumming is interesting hes exactly what we need in the sense of good kicking out of defence and it would release holmes to MF full time. And wont cost picks. But his body is fragile so im nor sure id overpay in $ zac williams style.

Hamilton as a small defender type i dont mind if he is very cheap.
Khamis i can see happening as we need a kpd (he is a bit undersized but he has assets that make up for it) and hes the type of athletic player that we like. And im sure the dogs will lose some players like him due to cap being needed to retain the big guns.

I quite like Bailey Scott, but given he chose North over Geelong when North were shit, surely he doesn't leave them now they're getting some wins together?

After today I'm happy to pass on any interest in Tabener
Yeah me to.... Pfffff who in there mind mentioned Taberner
Confused Donald Trump GIF

In yesterdays VFL game I liked the look of Alex Mirkov. He is Carlton's third string Ruck. 210 cm and 24, not going to be a star but should be competitive. We are not getting anyone with significant AFL experiance and I definitly want to add some ruck depth. I feel we dodged a bullet yesterday with Darcy and Treacy missing for them. If we got him and Furphy went past him so much the better.

In yesterdays VFL game I liked the look of Alex Mirkov. He is Carlton's third string Ruck. 210 cm and 24, not going to be a star but should be competitive. We are not getting anyone with significant AFL experiance and I definitly want to add some ruck depth. I feel we dodged a bullet yesterday with Darcy and Treacy missing for them. If we got him and Furphy went past him so much the better.
While I was happy to see Darcy miss, if we play Freo in finals and they have the same team as yesterday + Darcy I would fancy our chances.

Pearce and Treacy missing were the big outs. Not Darcy, dude is cooked.

With Furphy looking better as the year has gone on ruck just doesn't seem like a need right now.

Conway if he can stay fit and play 15+ game
Blics/Furphy can cover 5-10 games between them and SDK could play a few if needed as well.

At most i would grab a back up ruck for a 4th rounder to play a few games if needed.

If at the end of next year Conway can't stay fit Edwards isn't coming along then go for a ruck.

With Furphy looking better as the year has gone on ruck just doesn't seem like a need right now.

Conway if he can stay fit and play 15+ game
Blics/Furphy can cover 5-10 games between them and SDK could play a few if needed as well.

At most i would grab a back up ruck for a 4th rounder to play a few games if needed.

If at the end of next year Conway can't stay fit Edwards isn't coming along then go for a ruck.
Furphy is miles off afl conditioning.

Hey guys,
Very (very!!) long time lurker, first time poster. I know full well that debut posts are taken with a grain of salt so make of this what you will.

A mate of a mate says he has been told by a very close contact at the club that Smith is 100% done and dusted and has been for a while, which lines up with everything we've been hearing lately.

He also said that we are "very heavily into a superstar midfielder that no one is talking about". We have Stanley, Tuohy, Duncan and Hawkins coming off the books, and Dangers contract was heavily back ended, so we have a LOT more cap room than people realise.

No, I'm not making it up. And no, I'm not Mahlepi. But it looks like the "mystery mid" might actually be a thing this year. The question is... Who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,
Very (very!!) long time lurker, first time poster. I know full well that debut posts are taken with a grain of salt so make of this what you will.

A mate of a mate says he has been told by a very close contact at the club that Smith is 100% done and dusted and has been for a while, which lines up with everything we've been hearing lately.

He also said that we are "very heavily into a superstar midfielder that no one is talking about". We have Stanley, Tuohy, Duncan and Hawkins coming off the books, and Dangers contract was heavily back ended, so we have a LOT more cap room than people realise.

No, I'm not making it up. And no, I'm not Mahlepi. But it looks like the "mystery mid" might actually be a thing this year. The question is... Who?
Anyone who breathes life back into the Mystery Mid™ saga is a welcome addition!

Hey guys,

Do you mean front heavy?

Strap yourselves in ladies & gentlemen, it's Clarry time!!!!

We're no longer a football club. More like a rehab clinic for troubled young souls.
Don’t care if he’s a drunk piss head who’s addicted to the pokies.
I’d take him

Don’t care if he’s a drunk piss head who’s addicted to the pokies.
I’d take him
With what I've heard about the Dees culcha I'm more inclined than I would've been.

I don't doubt that Clarry is a dumbass, but he's not the problem either. Merely part of it.

Fish rots at the head, and when your coach has the same problems as the so called 'troubled players' then this is what you get.

Just have to buy him a lifetime supply of windshield wipers and walls to kick in to keep him happy.

Do you mean front heavy?
From what I was told, a lot of his coin was on the last 3 years. When he signed, we would've had Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan, Taylor, etc on big deals. But really, who else have we been paying our cap to over 2022-24? Danger, Jez, Stewart, Hawkins and Duncan are the only ones that were on long term, big money deals. 3 of them come off at the end of this year.

Again, just what I've been told. Hopefully there's some truth to it.

With what I've heard about the Dees culcha I'm more inclined than I would've been.

I don't doubt that Clarry is a dumbass, but he's not the problem either. Merely part of it.

Fish rots at the head, and when your coach has the same problems as the so called 'troubled players' then this is what you get.

Just have to buy him a lifetime supply of windshield wipers and walls to kick in to keep him happy.
Maybe the gun midfielder is Jack Viney and he wants out because of the off field issues surrounding the club?
There was noise regarding him a few years back

From what I was told, a lot of his coin was on the last 3 years. When he signed, we would've had Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan, Taylor, etc on big deals. But really, who else have we been paying our cap to over 2022-24? Danger, Jez, Stewart, Hawkins and Duncan are the only ones that were on long term, big money deals. 3 of them come off at the end of this year.

Again, just what I've been told. Hopefully there's some truth to it.
Never mind I just understood what you said and my brain thought he was still contracted.
Thanks for the post, welcome more often

Maybe the gun midfielder is Jack Viney and he wants out because of the off field issues surrounding the club?
There was noise regarding him a few years back
I could see that. 2020 from memory.

Dare to dream though, is Trac coming down the highway? Another consummate professional who wouldn't be happy with what's going on there.

Would do some despicable things to get him in a Geelong jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back