Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

More often then not it leads to a lot of wastage, they should have made some effort to move a bit of it to next years draft

Someone suggested that they'd use picks 1 & 6, maybe 10 and then start looking to trade into next year's draft with their later first round picks

Tom Morris said the Clayton Oliver deal absolutely not happening tonight if there are some out there still holding a flame. Even though his preference remains to go.
I won’t be celebrating until we get past the deadline without a deal

And injury prone AF would break something on the way to the letter box..
To be fair. All those farms Oppo salty fans say we gift for $1 do have letter boxes hundreds of metres from the house.

What a shockingly bad deal for GC.

There have been some really bad deals this trade period, but this is as bad as any of them.

Kudos to Richmond for being on the other end of most of them. They are CRUSHING it.

GC needed the picks to cover academy bid matching

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Bailey Smith trade is completed…….

View attachment 2144103

At 7:29 tonight 🤪
Copa America Centenario Referee GIF by Univision Deportes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree.

I'd be super satisfied if i was a freo supporter.

They got maximum value out of the shultz trade, got clarke who had a super year and now they've identified a clear need and gone out and got the player. Bolton is exactly what they need, it's two first round picks but nothing in the single digits. the picks will be pushed back a little too.

The main thing is that they are entering the window and bolton makes them better.
Yeah, if it goes well they've got that real Charlie Cameron type who provides a different kind of goal threat. He's a pretty unique player, too - can go into the centre bounce, can beat players in the air.

I don’t care what anyone says, in no world is Rioli worth pick 6… what a shocking decision by Gold Coast
Gold Coast (and GWS) have a unique problem, though, in that they are drowning in high draft picks, but nobody wants to bloody stay there past 25.

They also just have to make the finals sometime soon, just get in there. This isn't going to happen in the next two years on the back of Pick Six.

Hence, why a draft pick is probably worth less to GC than most other clubs, and an established player with leadership qualities is worth more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back