Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Hawthorn and their Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacKay gets pushed off the ball too easily, he has been in the system for so long he should have some core strength.

Same as when he has the ball and is tackled, ffs take the tackle and hold it in. He gets stripped of the ball so quickly.

Our senior guys were poor tonight.

Loved Charlies centre clearance when he had 3 efforts in a row, awesome.

I actually this probably wasn't holding the ball at the time but that it as close, however after watching the replay, he takes a step towards Sloane and allows himself to get tackled, he had prior opportunity but he didn't get rid of it because he knew it could be a turnover, and then once tackled he made absolutely no attempt to get rid of the ball. Take into account the ridiculous call against Douglas a few minutes earlier and this was deadset holding the ball everyday of the week... except on Fridays I guess.

The key difference with the I Smith one is that the ball spilt out. Was play on all night when that occurred. Hawks fans would've been more hard done by than us if that got paid with 1 second left.

Fact is, we blew what should have been a game winning lead with 4-5 mins left on the clock, and the blokes who were most responsible for blowing it were Brodie Smith and Kyle Cheney. They need to live with that and learn from it.

I'm not enjoying our defeat at all. I'm just not wallowing in self pity like you seem to love to do. Onwards and upwards.

To what?

That's just spin.

There's nothing that makes the defeat anything other than what it was. False 'bright side' analysis or not.

Ok everyone breathe...
I was livid and nearly got asked to leave the house because the kids were scared. Luckily my life partner, soul sister, best friend also got caught up in the VFL arse spank.

We are there.

We had some guys who floated in and out of the game and yet we still fell just short of the reigning premiers at the G with some help from their friends. We are capable of causing a lot of hurt, good times ahead.

We will learn from this and improve - we are taking Sando's spike and ramming it much further, keep the faith, it could be worse we could follow that other SA mob!

i went to the soccer but spent most my night watching the game on the phone and only saw the last 5 minutes on the telly:mad:

i cant be stuffed watching it now.

Can someone actually do a good, bad and ugly?
I tried. Got lost in the shuffle and I really didn't have the heart to do much of one.

Another good which I think I have is as bad as were fumbly fally we got close. Someone said the Sydney game we all played well and won by a little , this one I felt we all mostly struggled yet got close. That's good

That last throw in on Hawks flank was poorly set up by us. We allowed three Hawks to be front and centre and for Lewis to go unmanned for the third man up. We should have had three blokes right there to lock it in and apply pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad- How does a club with over 70,000 members only get 45k to a Friday night game that was always going to be such a great game of footy?

Are Tassie members counted by the head, not person?
Why do you think the AFL have to keep them successful?

When Hawthorn are shit they almost fold or merge with Melbourne. We can't have that...

Ive had 7 jaeger bombs
I was told they have gone out of fashion

Bar near me had to start charging $7.50 a can of Red Bull to stop them happening and now people don't drink it anymore. Keep up the tradition :thumbsu: :D

find it hard to believe how many people are trying to discount the umpires' influence.

we absolutely need to be resilient enough to not go to water if one bad decision goes against us, and I believe we are - but if you expect us to be able to stand up to a systematic flow of deflating and dubious decisions all match (while the opposition GAINS confidence and momentum) we'll have to be 25% better than every other team in the comp to even stand a chance, and that just isn't possible in this competition.

death by a thousand cuts. We were pushing shit up hill from about the 20 minute mark of the first quarter onwards.

I don't think the profile matters if the mental hurdles remain the same.

We had the world by the balls, and we couldn't hack the pressure. That bodes terribly.

The profile absolutely matters. In past years we were aging lists clinging on like buggery (05/06 and 09), trying to squeeze that premership. This is very different. We've got relative youngsters fumbling and getting pipped by seasoned premiers on the G, not 28 year olds fumbling on the G.

So, having been reasonably calm about why we lost and keeping it all in perspective...

FECK FECK FECKITY FECK FECK HOW DID WE FECKING LOSE THAT FECKING GAME!!!???:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok, have settled a little now.

Good
- Hartigan: with some good contested marks. Also played Gunston/Rioli really well at one point hanging between the two of them when there should have been an easy Hawks goal
- McGovern: some great hands tonight. Will be a gem
- Atkins: really repaying the selectors for showing faith
- Thommo: a beast of a man. Fumbled a few times but stood up against multiple big bodies several times

Bad
- Some really poor turnovers under little pressure. Smith, Atkins and Lever all guilty
- not being able to kill the last five minutes with a 14 point lead
- JJ, Cameron, lynch invisible for large chunks of the game (noting lunches stellar second half)

Ugly
- whilst the in the back was there to Poppy, and the smith HTB was 50:50, there were some completely random frees paid to the Hawks. Seemed like the umps we're guessing a lot in the Hawks favour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back