Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Hawthorn and their Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellent observation .....Brown was good tonight ..but Laird had the worse game he has ever played at AFL level

Everything Laird did he stuffed up .....he fumbled every ball .....just one of those horrid nights he'll have knightmares about

Cheeney just didn't seem to have an appropriate matchup ? .......Lever having a bit of 2nd year blues

Hartigan was the pick tonight, closely followed by Brown ......defense was brittle tonight, panicked a bit, and made poor decisions coming out of defense

To be honest I thought the defense was pretty good up until the pressure was felt by the whole stadium. They worked well to dig the ball out from the deep a few times. Certainly can improve tho. I felt Lever did better than most have said. Maybe inexperience coming out but he still did plenty of good things.

Righto I'm prepared to take a ban but your posting is absolute shit. Nothing constructive, informative or in anyway realistic to say. Just bollocks all the time.
Don't know why you bother.
Just disappear will you.

You know, you'd really be missed.

This for example was quality riposte.

It's amazing that people want to talk to me about realism though. People seem to think we won tonight.

Is Nicholl's really a Hawks supporter?
He has to be.
Or he's been paid by big time punters.
I was ****ing rope able when I saw him listed as our umpire for tonight because I knew this very thing would happen, this was on par with 2012, luckily this was for 4points and not for a GF spot.
It's blatant cheating... I hope to god I see him in public, because if I do, I'll shake him so hard he'd start growing hair again.

Actually, add Dmac also. You showed your true colours tonight son.
Oh, and who's idea was it for Thommo to tag Mitchell?
Suggest you watch the game without bias .....Melbourne radio was praising DMac ....saying last two weeks he's had 18 tackles ....Career average something like 2 tackles a game ...credited Pyke with DMac's turnaround

Thompson did not tag Mitchell ....they matched at stoppages, but were actually playing wide of each other most of the night

unbelieveable

Alright..that is pretty painful...but we are never getting that call in the dying seconds at the MCG on Friday Night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we would have got the favorable bias at our home ground ....is that what youre saying?

We would have received at least neutral umpiring. And that's all we needed.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing the Crows getting a ride like Hawthorn got tonight.

Is Nicholl's really a Hawks supporter?
Yep got exposed this week on afl 360. He removed his hawthorn supporting team photos and comments soon after. ****ing disgraceful the campaigner is allowed to umpire any of their games. Blatant cheating. 5 free kicks in the last 4 minutes. All to hawthorn. Fagan needs to write a letter to the 'vfl' and state wedo not want to ever have him umpire again when we play them.

Excellent observation .....Brown was good tonight ..but Laird had the worse game he has ever played at AFL level

Everything Laird did he stuffed up .....he fumbled every ball .....just one of those horrid nights he'll have knightmares about

Cheeney just didn't seem to have an appropriate matchup ? .......Lever having a bit of 2nd year blues

Hartigan was the pick tonight, closely followed by Brown ......defense was brittle tonight, panicked a bit, and made poor decisions coming out of defense

I think he was concussed from The Golden Child's hit on him early -didn't look like his normal self.

vB would have hit Seedsman.

It staggers me that the sum total of your contribution, even weeks after his dropping, is to blame vB.

Truly one of the great thinkers of our team blesses us with his thinking.
What amuses me is your attempt to be cute.

VB may or may not have hit Seedsman, but given how often he used to win the ball, I doubt he would have had the chance.

The sum total of my contribution, good one. I just find your position weird, complain we are not good enough but spend your time defending an average player.

The key difference with the I Smith one is that the ball spilt out. Was play on all night when that occurred. Hawks fans would've been more hard done by than us if that got paid with 1 second left.

Fact is, we blew what should have been a game winning lead with 4-5 mins left on the clock, and the blokes who were most responsible for blowing it were Brodie Smith and Kyle Cheney. They need to live with that and learn from it.

There were others paid towards us earlier when the player just dropped the ball, no consistency in the final minute. It was holding the ball and ump made a cowards decision, or he made deliberate one to help Hawthorn. That fact there was 1 second left should have absolutely nothing to do with the decision.

But I agree with you that we can't focus too heavily on the umpires, we made several poor mistakes and lost important contests at key moment when we should won the game. Not just those two but Cheney had some really poor defensive efforts in the final minutes.

I thought his game was terrible, which is very surprising from someone so consistent. Very un-Rory like.
Was praying for the red vest to come out .......Laird looked, as did a few Crows players, very tired tonight

It feels like we are still recovering from the Neil Craig recruitment policy of Athletes first, Footballers second. I dunno if this is true or not but jeez it is good to have a bloke like Atkins out there.

Ex-muvafuggin-zactlry bro!!! How good was he tonight? And to think, all these recruiters, football strategists etc have sat and watch guys like Sam Mitchell,Darren Jarman,Deisel Wiliams tare teams apart for decades and they are only just getting it.

We've been losing this game over and over since 2005 though. That's why I don't get why people feel like this is a new chapter. It felt just like a decade of abuse at the hands of Malthouse taking advance of Craig.

Yeah yeah, we led, yeah we really took it to that better team. And yet, when push came to shove, we didn't have it when it counted.

I don't know how that translates to us somehow being great.

Right so lets see how we go......

JJ - He seems to have learnt how to have an impact even when not playing super well. Just keeps growing

Thommo - Immense again. He would be leading our BnF at this point

Lever- Tough, brave and reads the ball as well as anyone in the league. But FFS he needs to learn to pick the best option by foot. He's young but a large portion of the result was down to his lack of vision.

Sloane - What more can you say about this bloke ?? Just a dead set gun.

Seeds - Liking what he brings but like so many tonight he chose poor options at times. Definetly bringing alot to the table.

DT- Had an offish night by his standards but did OK 1 on 1.

Tex- He ain't right, not in the slighest. But he keeps willing himself to get there, kicks that goal and we win.

DMac- I thought he was going back to form tonight but he did lift. Throwing what little weight he has.

Harto- Getting better and better. Now I'm confident when he has it.

Brown- Liking the run he's providing but had a down night 1 v 1.

Eddie- He needed to make a statement and he did. We didn't help him by bombing it on his head.

Atkins- He sold as much candy as Sam Mitchell but you'd hardly know it of you listened to 7. Coming along nicely.

CC- Good early and again late, he'll be much better for the run and we are better for having him.

Sauce- Playing with confidence when in possession, but he isn't quite there yet.

Cheney- Played against guys he never should have been required to. That said he was fairly ordinary and would be looking over his shoulder.

Douglas- He's getting better by the week which we so badly need.

Lynchy- Got to the game at HT and had a huge impact. Hawks knew how important he is but he worked them off

Lairdy- Worst game he's ever played.

Lyons- Not enough from him, only stays in if we don't pick Brad next week.

Smith- That last turnover killed us. He hits the target we win.

Shooter- Boy oh boy wow wee..... that is all.

Mrouch- Same old from Matt, very reliable now.

Yep got exposed this week on afl 360. He removed his hawthorn supporting team photos and comments soon after. ******* disgraceful the campaigner is allowed to umpire any of their games. Blatant cheating. 5 free kicks in the last 4 minutes. All to hawthorn. Fagan needs to write a letter to the 'vfl' and state wedo not want to ever have him umpire again when we play them.
Comments on where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back