• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning in Tasmania is hard.

Hawks' happy hunting ground no more
Hawthorn's dominance in Launceston is well documented, having won 55 of a possible 75 matches since 2001 at the venue now know as UTAS Stadium. But their ability to win there recently has persisted despite a lean few years for the Hawks. That's why Sunday afternoon's match loomed as a danger game for the Crows. Defeating the Hawks at their happy hunting ground stamps the Crows' credentials as real contenders.

The poos and wees stay on the bottom of the ladder because we came from behind in the last couple minutes to beat the poos and wees by three football points.

The poos and wees belong at the bottom of the ladder like poos and wees in the toilet.

I don't like the poos and wees so the poos and wees losing is good.

Their colours are the colours of poos and wees.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need to look at our midfield setups when Thilthorpe is rucking because his ruckwork is awful and the opposition win it too easily.
Yet some want to persevere with him as a lead ruck...that's a solid No from me. He was very poor in every aspect of the game today that said.
Doesn't seem to get as much blowtorch when he has a very poor game compared with some of the whipping boys.

There was two tackles that should be looked at by the match review but weren't even paid free kicks. There was a spear tackle where our player was lifted and thrown into the ground, exactly what youre not supposed to do and I think we got paid holding the ball. It was in front of their goals. That's exactly what tex did all those years back that started the whole lift and throw down thing that brought the rule in. Reckon it mightve been Soligo who was the one tackled. His head hit the ground. He was holding it immediately.

The other was a sling of Murray into the ground. He was slow to get up too. That one was a play on.

There was also the Sicily charge into Hinge that would be looked at if it was us.

Club definitely needs to drill into the players what to do when you've kicked a goal to hit the front with 1.16 to go. When you get a free in the centre you do NOT do what Soligo did. You find the short option (And his teammates need to work to give him that option). You take time off the clock before you send the hail Mary forward. They would have known how long was left too, considering the runner went out after the goal.

A good learning experience for Soli and everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club definitely needs to drill into the players what to do when you've kicked a goal to hit the front with 1.16 to go. When you get a free in the centre you do NOT do what Soligo did. You find the short option (And his teammates need to work to give him that option). You take time off the clock before you send the hail Mary forward. They would have known how long was left too, considering the runner went out after the goal.

A good learning experience for Soli and everyone.

True. 75secs is an "eternity" in modern footy tho.

Dawson has the credits in the bank but * me, was he playing with a bar of soap out there? Fumbled absolutely everything.
He had an off day with plenty of others.

Today was the the day to move him out of the middle.

But we won without him having a major influence.

Quintessential Crows game, except for the winning bit

Everything else was a carbon copy of how we've played under any sort of physical pressure for about the last 15 years

Nice that we found a way to win, bad that we had to
Big exception though... as yes, normally we would lose this game.

4 points is huge in the end.

True. 75secs is an "eternity" in modern footy tho.

I'm not saying chip it around for the whole minute. He needed to at least find 1 option shorter, maybe another after that before it goes forward. If you bomb it forward it needs to go deep into the pocket, not 40m out directly in front.

It's a learning opp. It didn't cost us today, but it might have.

I'm not saying chip it around for the whole minute. He needed to at least find 1 option shorter, maybe another after that before it goes forward. If you bomb it forward it needs to go deep into the pocket, not 40m out directly in front.

It's a learning opp. It didn't cost us today, but it might have.

No doubt but gee time goea slow when just in front late. Its like "siren," .. nope thats 8 seconds. Omg.

1) Exaggeration for effect. It's a persuasive technique and I don't regret it.

2) I see your position but I think it a little soft (not calling you soft, just the view) for robust debate. Happy to differ on views and you are absolutely free to downvote my contributions on the basis that you don't like them
1) "exaggeration", to make disparaging remarks about fellow supporters. I see no point, but am willing to agree to disagree. No biggie, peace.

2) fwiw, I gave your post a 'like' and agreed with your main point about the value of the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Hawthorn, R6 2023

Back