• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Butts - Slow to start with but was great as the game went on
Keays - Has his clangers, but his work rate to consistently work up and down the ground is absolutely elite
Tex - Probably has another year or two in him if managed, great start to the year
Cook - Ceiling is as high as anyone on our list, including the next bloke...
Rachele - Dunstall said, life on the line he'd back "Rash"s kick for goal, praise of the highest order
Himmleberg - can he hold this form now? I still can't trust him but he's in really good touch atm

Bad:
Umpiring is in a really bad place currently, first point of agenda for the next CEO

Ugly:
Cook and Nanks head clash
Momentum killers
Cotchin with spriggs up on Tex, won't amount to anything but if it were Greene?

Lots of players had better games this week which is a good sign. Losing the lead and coming back was a good
test for where we are at atm.

Fantastic win :)

Feel like almost everyone did well (Frampton and Crouch had their moments...). Nice to see multiple goal kickers, Keays beautiful :handok:

Let's see what happens with Sloane :(

Good
Thought it was really cool to see a bit of controlled mongrel and aggression out of us today... it got away at times from Walker, but Jones and McAdam fairly disposing of two players was brilliant.
Keays.
McHenry's first half.
Jones' defensive work elite.
Our forward line creativity and danger panics opposition.
Butts, Dawson, Doedee and Smith absolutely fortifying Adelaide Oval in the 4th. 2 goals from 16 inside 50's said it all. Doedee's game actually reminded me of Rutten for some reason.

Bad
Brown.

Ugly
Frampton.
Cotchin sprigging Tex.

Seeing Tex get stuck into Trent Cotchin on the boundary was very satisfying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a contract year, but how good has Himmelberg been. Looking very agile, kicking them from outside 50m, taking contested marks, kicking his set shots.

Good:
Everyone. Good team effort today and they really lifted the intensity and maintained it.
  • Himmelberg. We all wrote him off but he's impressing.
  • Tex. 5 goals. Just wow.
  • Defense. Butts and Doedee (and to a lesser extent Frampton) defended extremely well all day.
  • McAdam >>>>>> Rowe. Aerially, he's better. Defensively, laid some really strong tackles and bumps today. Rowe is the better crumbing forward, but in terms of pressure and marking option around the ground, McAdams wins it. It's good to see him back in the side today.
  • Cook's poise just shone through today.
  • Laird, Smithers, Dawson, Keays, Crouch, Sloane, Berry Scholl all contributed well.
  • Jones, ROB and Frampton redeemed themselves.

Bad:
- Don't think anyone was particularly bad. Brown and McHenry were quiet.

Ugly:
- Cotchin back to his dirty ways in kicking Tex

Good

- We finally found Sloane a new role and backed an unproven youngster in midfield, and it paid off.

- Last year, the floodgates would’ve opened after Richmond grabbed the lead back. This year, we responded to the pressure and managed to continue suppressing their pressure late into the fourth

- Every player got involved in some capacity: great team performance

Bad

- I still think we don’t slow down the game as much as we can when in control, and get hit with the counter too easily

Ugly

- Sloane’s injury

- We got the rub of green and I know I’d be fuming if our free kick counts got swapped

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Richmond, R5 2022

Back