Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't rate McEvoy all that highly either.

I'm not completely righting it off, he worked his butt off, especially with Jenkins hurt early, but not ready to celebrate his return yet either.

I agree it's too early to celebrate a return to his best, and it wasn't the absolute A-grade competition, but the fact he was judging the flight of the ball so well and running so hard are good signs, we will see against Ryder next week. Hopefully Jenkins out doesn't mean we revert to rucking Sauce 99% of the game and wear him down...i would like to see Otten go to the ruck for same mins as Jenkins otherwise would next week.

The hilarious, David Burtenshaw's tweets now that he's no longer bound by AFC employment.

969ALHC.jpg

Thought I would never, ever say this.

DAVID MACKAY YOU SUPERSTAR.

Game. Winning. Performance. Absolutely amazing from the whipping boy. Stood up in a pressure game when we were under the pump.

AND WE BEAT HAWTHORN!!!!! Despite a hideous umpiring performance again.

287935_np.jpg
I'll just leave this here.... ;)

Hampton seems to get caught alot. I am liking him tho. His agility looks good. I think he just needs minutes.

I think its a technique thing combined with decision making. We had a similar issue with Marty Mattner and yet he went on to be a really good player. Hampton just needs to be given some instruction on what he is doing wrong. Seems to get his hands free, but then makes too long to make the decision and gets wrapped up. Also, his first instinct cant always be to break the tackle. If he is flat footed the best option will always be to find a player that is moving. But, I think he is really showing some promise here and I hope he can deliver on before he gets squeezed out by Brad Crouch, who definitely needs to come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampton needs to keep playing he looks like it's about to click with him ATM
Some delectable side steps in there. Will have a big game soon once it all comes together. Next week would be a great time to do it.

Probably the most impressive aspect of the Crows win, was that they came from behind around 4 goals to beat the Hawks who won their previous 7 against us.

Lets be honest, we have seen the writing on the wall for years. Credit to this team for turning around a dire situation at one stage.

You did write us off early in the game

My only comment on the match: Isnt it nice to have a coach who can reset after getting tactically beaten in the first quarter, instead of "trusting the system" and doing the same thing all game. The players were huge, but it was Pykey who got us back into it in the second term.

I love our kids so much.

Sure Sloane and that generation are good, but our young kids are better.

Our premiership window is going to be open for the next decade thanks to McGovern, Laird, Cameron, Crouch, Atkins etc

Sometimes people do forget that we have the 4th youngest list, so I agree that we should be a genuine contender for a few years to come

Good:
Charlie Cameron. I thought this guy would be a good player but im starting to think we may have an A grader on our hands.
David Mackay. What the hell. Nowhere to be seen in the first quarter but built into it and really classy late.
Sam Jacobs. Best game for the club in a long long time. Keep up it bigfella.
Tex Walker. Best KP on the ground and really straightened us up.
Matt Crouch. Really liked his contested work as usual.
Sloane. Entered beast mode in the second half after a questionable first half.
Knight. Thought his running was huge all game.

Bad:
Douglas. One to forget Richard. More of R1 thanks and stop trying to be cute with your disposal. Either handball to a clearly free runner of run back of the mark and kick long.
Jenkins injury. Hopefully only a rib and 6 weeks out.
Kelly. Awful.
Hartigan. Really struggling. Lever in for Kelly and Otten to a scott stevens role? Really need cheney and Doedee fit come mid year.
Brodie Smith. Really hated his game.

Ugly:
Umpiring. I dont care anymore, its clearly corrupt.

I think you're being harsh on Hartigan, he was hard at it and had a lot of good involvements. Was playing on a very good player in Roughead.

Agree with the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back