Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Metres gained isn't everything, but Titch and JOM had 74 possessions between them and 446 metres gained combined.

Sloane (507 from 25) and Smith (447 from 24) beat them combined on individual efforts.

Yeah. I didn't believe that they had that many possessions. I didn't notice them much in the telecast because thay didn't seem to harm us. Certainly, (old) Mitchell and Lewis were much more troublesome.

Mackay can't get 1. With only 13 possessions. Even with his goals.
He was nowhere for 5/8 of the game.

Yeah, I was being a bit generous.

Won't happen again. :p

I'm not 100% sure but thought he was recruited from wa?
Yes. Was playing for the Swans Districts in the WAFL. Believe he moved to WA from QLD when he was 17(?) and had been playing rugby previous to that. Only had limited AFL experience, but he'd been scouted by Phil Bunn (SA/WA recruiter). Was said he only had 20-30 games of AFL experience at the time of his drafting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Was playing for the Swans Districts in the WAFL. Believe he moved to WA from QLD when he was 17(?) and had been playing rugby previous to that. Only had limited AFL experience, but he'd been scouted by Phil Bunn (SA/WA recruiter). Was said he only had 20-30 games of AFL experience at the time of his drafting.
Was Phil bunn responsible for McGovern as well?

Good:
An ability to change things up while the game is in motion
Jacobs dominating
Sloane
David Mackay to feature on the next NAB Little Wins advert
We won without an even contribution like we did last week

The Bad:
Some players dropped off from last week
Curtly Hampton turning into trouble looking for the handball give. Its called football
Hartigans decision making when going by foot
Daniel Talia looks terribly out of sorts
If I f#### see Taylor Walker kick into the man again my neighbours will have me committed

The Ugly:
The umpiring was terrible for both sides but the worst ever decision was the ITB against Mackay. I am glad he came back from that.
I think we get too close to the man on the mark at times creating this need to use our toes to create height

Sloane is almost an entire midfield in himself. Absolute beast. Everything you want in a footballer.

Jacobs best game in ages. Contested marking improved.

Cameron is looking very good. You kind of think he might be a flash in the pan at times but he's really showing he might be one of our better players this season. Very aggressive and very good at contested footy.

I wrote Otten off a year ago and I'm pretty upset that I (and most) did. Great bloke. Has really come back up to AFL standard when it looked like a million miles away at times.

Milera has such great use by foot. Keep playing him.

I thought Mackay wasn't as good as last week, but did stand up with those goals. Good on him. He's a courageous player and I feel sorry for him a lot as he has always struggled even though he puts his body on the line.

Talia was good.

Laird a bit off.

Lynch still not in form, but improved.

Crouch quiet for once, but had some very nice handballs under pressure. Good player.

Walker wasn't loving it today but he had to compete a lot against 3 players. Got involved in a lot of scores still. Standard tex in that regard.

Bad- Another s*** start.
Good- Ability to once again turn it around. Young kids getting more game time under their belts, Cameron, Knight, McGovern, Atkins, Hampton & Milera.
Ugly- Jakksyn's footy nous.
IMG_9809.jpg

Absolutely perplexing umpiring by the same old maggot with the bald head:rolleyes:
He should have played on to advantage 3 times for us but ah no...cheat!!
The Muppet that payed 'in the back' for a Hawthorn goal is THE worst decision I have seen watching VFL in my entire far king life.

#freekickhawthorn was putrid today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back