Remove this Banner Ad

We've got:
Hawthorn in Tassie
Collingwood AO
Cats away
Saints AO
Bulldogs Mars Stadium in icy Ballarat.

I want to speculate that if we're:
5-5, could still finish 7th/8th (but would need 8 wins out of last 12 games)
4-6, likely to finish 9th-12th
6-4 or even better, almost certain finalists.

But realistically it's still too early to tell.
So you’re saying we are going to be 8-2?

I didn’t tag him. I just asked the question if he’d had anything to say. Like I said, he deserves everything he gets after his disgraceful carrying on.
I'll buy into this. My guess is it'll cop flak, but I'll accept whatever follows from it. I have unrelenting insomnia and many hours to reply.
I tagged BC in the Review thread, re Keays.
So did several others.

The Review thread (usually Good/Bad/Ugly) is where individual players' performances are examined.
After days of complaining viciously and repetitively about Keays and his re-selection (as he does weekly), BC had nothing to say about Keays' game last Thursday. Nothing good, nothing bad, just nothing in the Review thread and that's because Keays played well, kicked 3 goals and threw a blanket over Saad, negating his influence.
Several other posters remarked (without abuse, btw) on BC's silence, not just jenny61_99 and me.
The AFC site had Keays as one-of-eight best players. Fifth.
103/112 voted that he played well, above. I won't be surprised if he scores some Coaches' votes, but maybe not. We had a lot of good players that night.

Bearded Clam has taken every opportunity to slam Ben Keays, again and again, week after week.
The deal-breaker for me was when he called Keays "absolute garbage" <== that description is an absolute, like "never" and "always".
"Absolute garbage" means that Keays is completely useless, with no player redeeming features. Hopeless. Terrible.
Garbage, always.
I said that is clearly not the case, citing his third place in last year's B & F (voted by Coaches, who value his play highly) and Keays' receiving the Brian Sando medal. I doubt that Keays' spot in the side is under negative scrutiny by the Coach/es, whose judgment counts most..

BC sent me a dismissive "yawn" and said he'd covered it in the Changes Thread. This is what he said about Keays there:
Well..

the law of averages says that Benny boi plays about one good game out of every 4-6..

so really… he should be dropped because he’s probably gonna be s**t again next week!.

but I’m happy to let him stay in for another week.
Ah, ok, so he's not "absolute garbage" then? But no such admission/concession or apology from BC.
Instead, he suggested that Keays be pre-emptively dropped! That is ridiculous, but condescendingly BC is "happy" for "Benny boi" to stay in the side --- but only for another week, or until Keays gives BC any chance to attack him again.

But wait, there's more, and it's representative of his scornful, expletive-filled diatribes in general:
Why did Brisbane delist him?.. have you ever asked yourself this or have you ever sent emails to your own club questioning why they dumped him and didn’t even bother trying to get a single drop of compensation for him in a trade.
So, one of the reasons Keays is crap (now) is because Brisbane delisted him.
BC, that was then, and this is now and I'll bet that FR0GGY and Southerntakeover would agree (with many others) that Keays has been a valuable acquisition.
I don't care how badly he played before @ Brisbane. Keays is playing well now, for us, the Crows.
Their decision is our gain.
seriously.. it’s just hilarious that you pop your dumb fxxkn head up in here to have a go at me every time Ben has his 1 good game in 4-6.. rest of the time we don’t hear from you.
Nice; if you can't present a coherent counter-argument, personally abuse the other person. There are many such examples.
Then, he starts clutching @ straws. He's right, because other posters on Brownlow night 2022 were so wrong, and look at his word-choices:
you’re just like the Ben keays fan club in here that on Brownlow night last year when Ben was leading after R6 could help themselves and started tagging me into their comments and frothing thinking that Ben was about to win the Brownlow!.. only for Ben to not even get another vote for the rest of the remaining rounds!

it was totally and utterly fxxkn embarrassing for them. Made them all look like complete dicks. But not one of them had the courage to apologise for their premature ejaculation and for attempting stick it to me tagging me into their little love fest over ben “R6 Brownlow winner” Keays!.
Hey, BC try this:
"it was totally embarrassing for them. Made them all look like fools. But not one of them had the courage to apologise for jumping the gun etc etc". It's easy.

Finally, a reluctant concession:
Sure, ben played well last night.. but Ben needs to bring that game on a more consistent basis if he wants to hold his spot long term. 1 good game in every 4-6 ain’t good enough.
Yes, Ben played well on Thursday and more times than your claimed "one in every 4-6". Yes, he needs to be more consistent, but no more or less than many other Crows players.
When challenged or disagreed with, you just dig in, resorting to unnecessary personal abuse and expletives, or irrelevances ("delisted by Brisbane" mutter mutter, "2022 Brownlow, I was tagged" whinge gripe).

Please note: the above is free of personal abuse, sexual innuendo and expletives, well, except when I've quoted his.
I am not attacking BC the person, but many of his repeated criticisms of Keays and the way/s he makes them.
BC is a prolific and valuable poster, often making really good footy/player/strategic points and he can be hell-funny as well.
But the weekly repetition (Keays is crap, Keays was delisted, Keays is absolute garbage) and abusive anger is tiresome and really unnecessary.

Last edited:

And it's about selecting the best side. I still don't think Murphy is that good.

He is in the same group as players like Rowe, McHenry, Petrenko, etc. They are good enough to be on a list, should dominate at SANFL and can be very handy to perform a role in a good side, but really lack an elite trait to be automatic best 22 players.
This unfortunately is not true ....because of TPP restrictions, look at the sides playing this weekend ...all have a bottom 5-6 players that are on relatively cheap contracts, because of what the club stars are paid

If you can have a Murphy, who is in that bottom group of players, playing as he does .....that's gold !

And it's about selecting the best side. I still don't think Murphy is that good.

He is in the same group as players like Rowe, McHenry, Petrenko, etc. They are good enough to be on a list, should dominate at SANFL and can be very handy to perform a role in a good side, but really lack an elite trait to be automatic best 22 players.
I agree that Murphy shouldn’t be considered automatic best 22 (neither should anyone in the 16-22 range, really), but that doesn’t mean his role in the side right now is pretty perfect for his level of talent. Not having to be our best or second best small forward is doing him wonders

Now it’ll be interesting to see what happens when McAdam builds fitness. Murphy could go to the sub role potentially? I like him as a guy you can 100% depend on to do the little things at the moment, so would be a very reliable sub

I think he’s definitely cemented a spot at #5 in our small/medium forward pecking order

I agree that Murphy shouldn’t be considered automatic best 22 (neither should anyone in the 16-22 range, really), but that doesn’t mean his role in the side right now is pretty perfect for his level of talent. Not having to be our best or second best small forward is doing him wonders

I am by no means saying delist. He is great for depth. Just don't think he done enough with McAdam out to cement himself as a best 22 player.

Now it’ll be interesting to see what happens when McAdam builds fitness. Murphy could go to the sub role potentially? I like him as a guy you can 100% depend on to do the little things at the moment, so would be a very reliable sub

Round 1 McAdam was in the side over Murphy. They will have to run McAdam through the 2's this week as it will be 4 weeks without a game for him.

Yep ever since Geelong game last year I’ve said I made a mistake with Fogarty

More than happy to admit error , never said a bad word about him since . Even wanted him in this year’s leadership group

Guess I’ll just hang my hat on wanting Dawson to play iNSIDE mid 13 months ago and calling Nick Murray our best key defender nearly 12 months ago when others didn’t want to play him in the side

And Laird … people still think he wouldn’t be a prime mover in other teams , comical . He’s bordering elite midfielder of comp and some can’t admit

Sometimes you make errors , admitting them is fine
Constantly gloating doesn't win friends especially if you also get some wrong.

We all love an 'I told you so' but there's a limit

I'll buy into this. My guess is it'll cop flak, but I'll accept whatever follows from it. I have unrelenting insomnia and many hours to reply.
So did several others.

The Review thread (usually Good/Bad/Ugly) is where individual players' performances are examined.
After days of complaining viciously and repetitively about Keays and his re-selection (as he does weekly), BC had nothing to say about Keays' game last Thursday. Nothing good, nothing bad, just nothing in the Review thread and that's because Keays played well, kicked 3 goals and threw a blanket over Saad, negating his influence.
Several other posters remarked (without abuse, btw) on BC's silence, not just jenny61_99 and me.
103/112 voted that he played well, above. I won't be surprised if he scores some Coaches' votes, but maybe not. We had a lot of good players that night.

Bearded Clam has taken every opportunity to slam Ben Keays, again and again, week after week.
The deal-breaker for me was when he called Keays "absolute garbage" <== that description is an absolute, like "never" and "always".
"Absolute garbage" means that Keays is completely useless, with no player redeeming features. Hopeless. Terrible.
Garbage, always.
I said that is clearly not the case, citing his third place in last year's B & F (voted by Coaches, who value his play highly) and Keays' receiving the Brian Sando medal. I doubt that Keays' spot in the side is under negative scrutiny by the Coach/es, whose judgment counts most..

BC sent me a dismissive "yawn" and said he'd covered it in the Changes Thread. This is what he said about Keays there:

Ah, ok, so he's not "absolute garbage" then? But no such admission/concession or apology from BC.
Instead, he suggested that Keays be pre-emptively dropped! That is ridiculous, but condescendingly BC is "happy" for "Benny boi" to stay in the side --- but only for another week, or until Keays gives BC any chance to attack him again.

But wait, there's more, and it's representative of his scornful, expletive-filled diatribes in general:

BC, that was then, and this is now and I'll bet that FR0GGY and Southerntakeover would agree (with many others) that Keays has been a valuable acquisition.
I don't care how badly he played before @ Brisbane. Keays is playing well now, for us, the Crows.

Nice; if you can't present a coherent counter-argument, personally abuse the other person. There are many such examples.
Then, he starts clutching @ straws. He's right, because other posters on Brownlow night 2022 were so wrong, and look at the language he uses:

Hey, BC try this:
"it was totally embarrassing for them. Made them all look like fools. But not one of them had the courage to apologise for jumping the gun etc etc". It's easy.

Yes, Ben played well on Thursday and more times than your claimed "one in every 4-6". Yes, he needs to be more consistent, but no more or less than many other Crows players.
When challenged or disagreed with, you just dig in, resorting to unnecessary personal abuse and expletives, or irrelevances ("delisted by Brisbane" mutter mutter, "2022 Brownlow, I was tagged" whinge gripe).

Please note: the above is free of personal abuse, sexual innuendo and expletives, well, except when I've quoted his.
I am not attacking BC the person, but many of his repeated criticisms of Keays and the way/s he makes them.
BC is a prolific and valuable poster, often making really good footy/player/strategic points and he can be hell-funny as well.
But the weekly repetition (Keays is crap, Keays was delisted, Keays is absolute garbage) and abusive anger is tiresome and really unnecessary.
This is an opinion based public forum.

I give my opinion as others give theirs.

if anyone doesn’t like the opinion of others then they can simply ignore it.. that’s what I do… if they want to take it further and don’t want to read it at all then there is an ignore button. I haven’t got a single person on this site on ignore.

but the point of this conversation is that it’s just unbelievably weird to start tagging in and mentioning a poster and directly asking for their opinion when it’s clear that the people asking have already stated many times in the past they don’t want to hear it and are sick of hearing it. And are simply tagging them in to try and get them to concede or retract previous positions.

this is nothing more than a way for them to attempt to silence a poster into no longer posting his/her opinion simply because they don’t like what he/she has to say.

what’s laughable is they have to wait ever 4-6 games to do it because that’s how often Keays plays a decent game like he did on Thursday night!

The Brownlow medal count was the funniest though.. geez I got a massive giggle out of that mostly because I wasn’t even on bigfooty that night and didn’t get all the notifications from the R6 premmy ejacs till the next morning!..

and geez didn’t they scurry away like cockroaches when I raised it all and responded to their tags that next day. Not one of them admitted they fxxkd up and went way early with their tagging in of me and gloating about bens brownlow votes that night just after round 6 was called.

that’s all I have to say on the subject. I will continue to give my opinion on this opinion based website and if others don’t like it then they can use the ignore button.. I won’t give one fxxk if they do but it’s a bit rich of them to be tagging/mentioning me asking for my comment and then getting pissed when I give it.

We've got:
Hawthorn in Tassie
Collingwood AO
Cats away
Saints AO
Bulldogs Mars Stadium in icy Ballarat.

I want to speculate that if we're:
5-5, could still finish 7th/8th (but would need 8 wins out of last 12 games)
4-6, likely to finish 9th-12th
6-4 or even better, almost certain finalists.

But realistically it's still too early to tell.

Exactly. The next month will either set us up for finals or show we are a little short

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So did several others.

The deal-breaker for me was when he called Keays "absolute garbage" "Absolute garbage" means that Keays is completely useless, with no player redeeming features. Hopeless. Terrible.
Garbage, always.

Then, he starts clutching @ straws. He's right, because other posters on Brownlow night 2022 were so wrong, and look at his word-choices:

Hey, BC try this:

After reading through all of this I had one question - how many Crows players in our history have LED the Brownlow after 6 rounds?

Rarified air I would have thought regardless of finishing position

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constantly gloating doesn't win friends especially if you also get some wrong.

We all love an 'I told you so' but there's a limit
Just emphasising even when gloating can say when you’ve got one badly wrong , which I did

I got one horribly wrong , happy I did too . What a player

Plenty of people can’t bring themselves to do it

Couldn’t give a stuff about winning friends

I am by no means saying delist. He is great for depth. Just don't think he done enough with McAdam out to cement himself as a best 22 player.

Round 1 McAdam was in the side over Murphy. They will have to run McAdam through the 2's this week as it will be 4 weeks without a game for him.
😂

It’s the Adelaide football club not the Shane McAdam football club

Who gives a fk if he’s missed 4 weeks , if he does his thing he will earn his spot back , plain and simple

And it might not necessarily be at the expense of Murphy as I think you’ll find they play pretty different roles

So did several others.

Garbage, always.

Hey, BC try this:

Really enjoy BC’s football views overall and he has some great takes , one of the better posters to read at times

But the keays stuff is just a bit much especially some of the hate that comes thru the posting , would love him to embrace keaysyyyyyy

Prob not going to happen

Really enjoy BC’s football views overall and he has some great takes , one of the better posters to read at times

But the keays stuff is just a bit much especially some of the hate that comes thru the posting , would love him to embrace keaysyyyyyy

Prob not going to happen
Ironic as their initials are eerily similar.

Due to the obscene amount of forward line talent - we can carry 1-2 defensive forwards. Keays is correctly getting first crack. He can go into the middle (attending about 20% of centre bounces a game) and also has the tank/athleticism to tag a half back like Saad.

I would still prefer us to go in with Fog, Walker, TT, Peds, Rankine, Keays and McAdam as our primary 7 forwards (resting Rachele as our 8th).

Murphy is next one in, with McHenry to follow - although I would just love to have the club give Newchurch a block of 3 game. Seems like the type that will either sink or swim at AFL.
He’s not in the same group of players as Rowe and Petrenko as he’s on the list and in the team

Whatever looks better on paper in your head doesn’t really matter at this stage , the team will pick itself once players get further opportunities to play in coming weeks eg Berry , McAdam etc

😂

It’s the Adelaide football club not the Shane McAdam football club

Who gives a fk if he’s missed 4 weeks , if he does his thing he will earn his spot back , plain and simple

And it might not necessarily be at the expense of Murphy as I think you’ll find they play pretty different roles
If Shane kills it in SANFL next week then you’d think he’d have to come back in. Is obviously internally rated

Yeah Murphy and McAdam play different roles, but we can re-structure. If that re-structure doesn’t work, make Murphy sub and bring him in halfway through the R7 game

If Shane kills it in SANFL next week then you’d think he’d have to come back in. Is obviously internally rated

Yeah Murphy and McAdam play different roles, but we can re-structure. If that re-structure doesn’t work, make Murphy sub and bring him in halfway through the R7 game
And Worrell back soon too

This selection pressure is something we haven’t had since 2017 and I barely remember it being this prominent then as well

It’s got to help prevent complacency from playing group from week to week, very good

1) Really enjoy BC’s football views overall and he has some great takes , one of the better posters to read at times

2) But the keays stuff is just a bit much especially some of the hate that comes thru the posting , would love him to embrace keaysyyyyyy

3) Prob not going to happen
1) Overall, yes.

2) the Keays hate is exaggerated bile and I don't know why he doesn't see that.
eg Keays was 3rd in 2022 B & F, with 88 votes. That's about 4 votes per round, every round. More, if you exclude games where he didn't score.
There is just no way he's "absolute garbage".

3) I dunno. I don't know if he looks at his role in it. I didn't know about the 2022 Brownlow thing.
Maybe he could ask himself "Why am I getting tagged about Ben Keays?".
George Kramer made a thread about getting Jones wrong, as many of us did. Goodonim. I blame the Coaches a lot for confusing the poor kid, but he's past that now.
People have been wrong about other players too, eg Fogarty (who used to look lazy and disinterested to me, but he's a potent force now, for sure).
I made a blunder about Roo's comments during the week and was pulled up, quick-smart, and fair enough too.

There's no shame in getting something wrong, admitting it and moving on, but it starts to look unfairly stubborn when people just dig in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good vs Carlton, R5 2023

Back