Opinion Grand Final Changes vs. Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Highly doubt it, at most maybe a change of sub to give Neale a start but I can't see anyone else coming in.

I think Sutcliffe has taken Ibbotson spot in defence so I cant see him being the sub. Anyone want to have a guess for who will be the sub?

My guess is 90% chance of Neale with 10% chance of it being Suban.

Patrick Keane@AFL_PKeane
19m
2013 GF umps: Field: M Nicholls, S Meredith, B Rosebury. Boundary: N Doig, R Haala, M Marantelli, M Saunders. Goal: L Walker, A Wojcik.

Meredith was atrocious on Saturday. Not as bad as McInerney, but still very poor. I am shocked that anyone involved in Saturday's appalling umpiring effort would be given another crack in the GF. Very disappointing.

Rosebury is a good umpire though. Hopefully the other two don't ruin the show.

I think Sutcliffe has taken Ibbotson spot in defence so I cant see him being the sub. Anyone want to have a guess for who will be the sub?

My guess is 90% chance of Neale with 10% chance of it being Suban.

Yeah I'm the same, fully expecting no changes. With Pearce and Ibbotson done for the year I can't see anyone coming into the team unless injury gives Silvagni a spot, which thankfully seems unlikely and I think Ross will go with experience for starters and leave Neale the sub.

No changes. Sutty would usually be the sub but now he has taken up Ibbo's role so unfortunately for Neale he will be sub again. But at least we know he will make a real impact once he comes on. De Boer isn't the type of player to be sub (but then again, neither is Neale I guess). RTB will assign a role to MDB and tell him to play the game of his life on Birchall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys - on De Boer.

I'm sure a significant reason for him being subbed out on Saturday was that he copped a knock to the head in the 2nd qu and was quite clearly groggy for some time afterward (I was sitting just above the incident in front of the goals - subi end).

The runner came up to him and De Boer didn't want a bar of heading to the bench, but it was clear that he wasn't right.

Meredith was atrocious on Saturday. Not as bad as McInerney, but still very poor. I am shocked that anyone involved in Saturday's appalling umpiring effort would be given another crack in the GF. Very disappointing.

Rosebury is a good umpire though. Hopefully the other two don't ruin the show.

I agree, but considering we could have got Margetts and McInereny from the weekend games, this could be worse. Still not great, but it could be worse.

I agree, but considering we could have got Margetts and McInereny from the weekend games, this could be worse. Still not great, but it could be worse.

The umpiring last year was good I thought and two of those umpires were Rosebury and Meredith.
Matthew Nicholls hasn't umpired a grand final before and I'm sure the two other senior umps will keep him in line.

Thank God it isn't Margetts and Farmer.

Looks like we are going in inchanged with Sheridan, Hannath and Silvagni the 3 emergencies.

It's interesting that we have two big men. The tin foil hat says that it's the big men that are at most risk to not come up. The brain says that Ross has just covered all bases incase someone does something during the warm up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Grand Final Changes vs. Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back