Preview Grand Final Mighty Hawks vs Fremantle - 28 September 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the showers will be in the morning leading up to the game. Think it'll be fine after that. Ground may be a bit moist.

Will only effect our gameplan if we let it.

Similar to friday night then?

Look mate, you can keep firing off your bile filled rants, that's ok, that's your right.

I'm looking forward to a quality game between the two best sides this year, no one gave us a chance at Skilled, we rolled over Geelong, no one gave us a chance against Geelong last year in the elimination final, we shocked them in the first half.

Sydney were out of petrol tickets, but we can only beat who is in front of us, just like the Hawks, I personally think it will be a really tight contest and as I have said, may the best finals team win.

You didn't roll over Geelong, the game was in the balance until a minute to go and they kicked 9-18.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

We rested 10 or our starting 22, the core of our side.

The last time we pulled a stunt like that you flogged us in the home and away season fixture, then we pumped you in an elimination final.

If it aint broke...

agree, none of the sides that have rested players heavily before the finals (ie more the 5 players) have won the flag, so yeah must be a winning strategy

Does anyone else think that Sewell's decision making, when he has the ball, is the worst in the team now? Not to mention his poor kicking. However, has to stay for structure and team consistency. Really need to have a progression plan for Sewell's replacement and put it into action early 2014.
check out 3:52 to go in the last, got the ball composed, spotted a man, that what we need

''You speak to the blokes who lost 20 years ago and they still talk about grand finals they lost. But … we get a chance a year later to right the wrong, I suppose, of last year." - Jarryd Roughead

Great way to look at it. I hope this is discussed as a group.

So upset for Whitey, such a great clubman. Though, it will be interesting to see who comes in, Ando or Sav. If this is the case, will they play VFL Granny

Not only is Anderson better suited to overcoming the Freo game plan with a combination of pace and in-and-under ball extraction, but him winning a premiership at 19yrs of age will set his career up. When the next generation of players come through he will be able to lead them with this badge of honour on his chest.

Not only is Anderson better suited to overcoming the Freo game plan with a combination of pace and in-and-under ball extraction, but him winning a premiership at 19yrs of age will set his career up. When the next generation of players come through he will be able to lead them with this badge of honour on his chest.
It's like Fremantle is the only side in the competition that applies pressure to the opposition.
I guess no one watched the game on Friday...
I'm an Eagles supporter and hate Freo, but what I saw at the game last night was the most fanatical attack on an opponent I have ever seen. The score board flattered Sydney, Freo were right on top and they have improved their ball skills in tight confines an enormous amount. The Hawks will have to be at their absolute best to beat this very hungry side. I hope you win, but you will have to play very very well indeed.

It's like Fremantle is the only side in the competition that applies pressure to the opposition.
I guess no one watched the game on Friday...
agreed mate, i'm not that into the hype, but you have got to admit, it was like they were a team possessed. hopefully we can tire them out next week.

so pumped for grand final week!

I'm an Eagles supporter and hate Freo, but what I saw at the game last night was the most fanatical attack on an opponent I have ever seen. The score board flattered Sydney, Freo were right on top and they have improved their ball skills in tight confines an enormous amount. The Hawks will have to be at their absolute best to beat this very hungry side. I hope you win, but you will have to play very very well indeed.

My point was the cats and hawks also put extreme pressure on eachother in their game, but it's not a talking point at the moment because both teams used the ball under pressure far better than Sydney did on the weekend.

I agree, it was amazing pressure but Sydney played right into their hands through poor ball use and a complete inability to pick off uncontested options to get a string of play going when the heat was on, which is entirely understandable as they were missing more than a few of their best ball users particularly out of the back half.

I guess the jury is out though - best attack vs best defence. It's hard to see how it'll pan out.

There's no doubt it's going to be an extremely physical contest. Every ounce of effort's going to count.

Fremantle are the most underrated side of the competition. They are also quite unpredictable because of it. I suspect they're going to try and replicate the Sydney first-half massacre on Saturday, they'd be stupid not to. They can't do it for 4 quarters though; not against our list.

I'm secretly enjoying the current support Fremantle is getting from the media/experts. All the secret Hawthorn-haters are trying to convince themselves Fremantle's already won it. Chill out, bros.

The match is going to be won in the middle - whoever wins the midfield and takes their chances in front of goal will win the flag.

Hawthorn doesn't want to feel what they felt last year. Fremantle's looking for it's first ever flag. Both teams have motivation.

Confident the boys can take it out! Go Hawkers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had an easy draw all year
Geelong didn't kick straight
Sydney's 3 AA midfielder were just tired on Saturday
We wear purple
I hope the Hawks players are finding excuses as to why their playing the lowly Dockers.:thumbsu:

Ambush

We wear purple
I hope the Hawks players are finding excuses as to why their playing the lowly Dockers.:thumbsu:

Ambush

Don't worry, no one's taking you lightly. You deserve the GF as much as any team and right now are everyone's favourite;....so enjoy it and don't act like a flog.

We wear purple

Ambush
This post made me relise that Sydney had the same AA than Hawthorn and Fremantle combined. LOL

How does everything think the midfield matchups will look? I'm thinking Shiels to Hill, Sewell to Barlow, and I'd like to see Lewis to Fyfe. Reckon JL could go with Fyfe in the marking contests where he's dangerous. Maybe Smith to run with Pearce?

I think our so-called bottom six will be a major factor in determining the outcome.

You do realise we are the underdogs right? I haven't seen this 'cockiness' you're all talking about from our supporters; we're all just stoked to be playing in a Grand Final.

The reason some of our posters have come onto your board is because we were welcome onto Sydney's board all last week; and had surprisingly humble relationship. I can see here in this case it's going to be a great deal similar to the Geelong game; which is a shame because I really wanted to like you more than them and Collingwood.

:thumbsdown:

Interestingly, despite the rivalry and the fact they kept beating us, we had a great rapport with the Geelong supporters last week.

Fremantle fans, know your place and leave our board :)

Nah, stay and chat. It's a great week. Just don't go all Sydney on us and plead for validation and claim it's arrogance because we love our club and expect it to win. Remember it's the Hawk board where the consensus tends to be well,,,,Hawthorn. If you can't handle one sided discussion, probably no point being here.

Definitely. Seems to be an expectation out there though that we won't. Not sure why. Swans laid a world record tackle count last year and we didn't even play well, yet still should have won had we kicked the set shots. There'll be stages when the pressure is manic, and we'll just be doing our best to hang on to the ball, let alone do anything with it. But, there will also be times when we hit the scoreboard and hit it hard for periods. I don't care what is being said about Freos defence, you can lock it in that we'll pile on goals at some stage. If Freo haven't done anything but stop us scoring when we're under the pump, then they're going to regret it bigtime when we pile some goals on. Once we establish a lead, Freo have to make a choice, keep defending like robotic maniacs, or actually show some flair, open up and the game and score. If they do that, and they'll have to, then it opens up for us too. If we take the lead, especially if it is a decent one, we dictate that game.

We wear purple
Ambush

Yep - no one is giving the Doclers a chance............ Lol. Even when they are built up beyond any point in their history, they're still trying for the 'we get no respect' angle. The 'experts' this week will have about an 80% record of picking Freo to win this week. See that radar over there....stop hiding under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back