Preview Grand Final Mighty Hawks vs Fremantle - 28 September 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo is a great pressure side and this was again displayed Saturday night with their tackling, harassment ect. of the Swans rendering them useless.

BUT despite all this from the greatest pressure side we have ever seen, when HFC played the Swans a few weeks ago with despite the Swans having a better squad than what they put out last night, we kept Sydney to a lower score and scored more than Freo did last night ;)

So fall for BT and Darcy's bullshit lines at your peril
God, they won't be doing Saturday's game, will they? Please!

Although, I can't imagine Den & Brucey will be any easier to listen to...

Robert Walls at his best again.. Been on Hawks all year and then jumps ship and tips Freo in the grand final!!!
Honestly I think people are over rating that win over the Swans, but action speaks louder than words and think this will be seen on GF day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The storyline would be far better if the Dockers were to get up and we were to squander a third successive chance.

Make no mistake a big motive in the shift in sentiment towards the Dockers would be the ramifications if we were to lose. Frankly Id frame the market for Saturday at 1.70/2.15 in our favour (55/45)

Evidently the current odds are 1.60/2.35 in our favour (60/40)

Robert Walls at his best again.. Been on Hawks all year and then jumps ship and tips Freo in the grand final!!!
Honestly I think people are over rating that win over the Swans, but action speaks louder than words and think this will be seen on GF day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It is interesting how much weight has been given to Fremantle's victory. It is human nature though to rely heavily on the last example we have to rely on and Fremantle was insanely impressive.

But if you look at the form line Fremantle beat Geelong IN Geelong and then dominated Sydney. It's not a bad couple of results.

I often think supporter's mindsets are reflective of how their teams play. Last year, I admit I was expecting my team to turn up and we'd win. Hell, I was more concerned about the quality of the game with the awful Swans gameplan wrecking my memories on dvd than I was of the game itelf.

This time around, I am very focussed on the prize. There is no periphery crap occurring this week that I'll concern myself with. If the players share this type of focus, then there's no way we can't get the job done.

To slightly misquote Arnold Schwarzenegger: I eat supermen wharfies for breakfast. And right now, I'm VERY HUNGRY!

It is interesting how much weight has been given to Fremantle's victory. It is human nature though to rely heavily on the last example we have to rely on and Fremantle was insanely impressive.

But if you look at the form line Fremantle beat Geelong IN Geelong and then dominated Sydney. It's not a bad couple of results.
Happens during the season too, you see a side ranked 5-8 score a 100 point win over a lowly side and suddenly they're being talked up as a top 4 prospect.

They were great, really great for a half against Sydney and they deserve they're grand final berth. Lots of factors to determine the outcome, but as lethal says when the ball is bounced the score is nil all.

6 days to go.

How much different was their finals results from ours? Evidently not much...

If we kicked straight against the Cats, won by 5-6 goals, the dynamic of this final would that've transformed completely. To defeat Geelong, with 43.75% goal kicking accuracy, with poor games from Lewis, Rioli, Franklin, Hodge, Roughead is a pretty impressive achievement really.

Much has been spoken about the fact that Hawthorn won't be given many scoring opportunities against the Dockers so they must make the most of them.

Evidently when the Cats lost to Fremantle by 15 points they kicked 9 goals, 18 behinds. 27 scoring shots!!!

By the by we restricted the Cats to just 22 scoring shots while having 32 ourselves, not bad for a leaky defence against the second most offensive side in the league.

Simpkin best on for Box Hill. I will be shell shocked if we don't bring him in as the sub. Nothing against Anderson but Simpkin just brings more to the table and especially as a sub can have a massive influence. Plus being a mature-aged with a bigger body and that bit more experience would be more important. He also has had a very good year everytime he has come on as the sub. So for me it's:

IN: Simpkin
OUT: Whitecross

Definitely. Seems to be an expectation out there though that we won't. Not sure why. Swans laid a world record tackle count last year and we didn't even play well, yet still should have won had we kicked the set shots. There'll be stages when the pressure is manic, and we'll just be doing our best to hang on to the ball, let alone do anything with it. But, there will also be times when we hit the scoreboard and hit it hard for periods. I don't care what is being said about Freos defence, you can lock it in that we'll pile on goals at some stage. If Freo haven't done anything but stop us scoring when we're under the pump, then they're going to regret it bigtime when we pile some goals on. Once we establish a lead, Freo have to make a choice, keep defending like robotic maniacs, or actually show some flair, open up and the game and score. If they do that, and they'll have to, then it opens up for us too. If we take the lead, especially if it is a decent one, we dictate that game.
Great post.

Far too sensible for this time of day/week/season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - no one is giving the Doclers a chance............ Lol. Even when they are built up beyond any point in their history, they're still trying for the 'we get no respect' angle. The 'experts' this week will have about an 80% record of picking Freo to win this week. See that radar over there....stop hiding under it.

eg:
2013 GF Poll.jpg

The constant whinging about how the media treat us is laughable throughout all these threads. What do you lot want?

The media crawling up our arse handbag, $wans style?

We have always been treated this way, get over it!

Something’s never change, and if you asked Hawthorn if they’d want it to they’d say no, because it’s part of our clubs history. Some of you need to learn more Hawthorn history before whinging non-stop about the media and there treatment of our players, coaches, hell, all of Hawthorn!

Who gives a flying ho ha about the w***ers in the media, we are Hawthorn!

Look mate, you can keep firing off your bile filled rants, that's ok, that's your right.

I'm looking forward to a quality game between the two best sides this year, no one gave us a chance at Skilled, we rolled over Geelong, no one gave us a chance against Geelong last year in the elimination final, we shocked them in the first half.

Sydney were out of petrol tickets, but we can only beat who is in front of us, just like the Hawks, I personally think it will be a really tight contest and as I have said, may the best finals team win.

You certainly are not the second best side this year, though we are clearly the first. When you weight the draws - yours was soft - and include ladder positions you might scrape into being the fourth best side this year, maybe.

Doesn't matter. Right now they are in the best 2 and next week we'll know who's the best. Freo have certainly used the season to build into their best form at the right time so right now - they are at least the 2nd best team in it, which is why we are playing them.

However, the Hawks have built for this too and I think will prevail in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back