Preview Grand Final Mighty Hawks vs Fremantle - 28 September 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else worried about our goal kicking? We have a lot of shots at goal but miss a lot of easy ones.

If I was coaching us, every pre-season session would end with each forward having to slot 50 goals from varies angles before they leave the track.

It cost us a GF last year, it nearly cost us appearing in one last night.

If it's not technique, GET A FRIGGIN SHRINK IN ASAP!!!!

The flag is ours to lose never been more confidant of winning a grand final in all my time as a hawk supporter.Huge mental hurdle conquered last night ,if we had've lost it would've been the end of a few careers at the club I think and of some big name players too but the way we stood up in the last was every bit as substantial in the clubs history as the 89''GF win.Should win comfortably next week no matter who we play although stranger things have happened ,Burgoyne for the Norm Smith.Hopefully Anderson gets a gig he's made for big games ,big moments and big crowds.

Shiels was not ordinary he was smashing Selwood before we had to move him onto Johnson and then did a good job on him after he was destroying us by himself in the 2nd quarter.

Anderson must come in, nothing against Whitey as he is one of my fave players but Anderson is a much better fit for this team because he is the perfect 22nd player on the team as he can come on and have a spark like Caddy did last night. Whitecross was ok as the sub but Anderson is much better for the role. I love Savage but he is useless as a sub therefore Anderson should play if he is 100% gonna be the sub.

If Jed does well against Geelong tomorrow he has to be the inclusion. Round 23 - Anderson vs Kennedy - that passage of play is all you need to know about that kid. Put him on the big stage and I am sure he'll just lap it up and get the job done.

My dream for next week is that we are up by 15 goals half way through the third quarter. At this point Clarko walks down to the bench with a red top in one hand and Buddy's contract in the other. He then walks up to Buddy and let's him make a choice there and then.... "Sign now Buddy or you're off".....

My dream is that Craig Willis says; 'Number 23, Lance Franklin.' Then the great man comes up to the stage, accepts his medal and yells into the microphone 'Im staying!'

We've been very good all year. Last night was poor. Next week? Who knows?
We have been good all year, true, except in the big games against high quality opposition we have still been woeful in front of goal, we missed them last night , next week we will get them. Also to those bagging Roughy he played most of the game with mild concussion after the big hit in the first 10 minutes, it affected his timeing and judgement, but he will be good too go next week.

Shattered for WhiteX :(

Who comes in for him?

This Guy!

282720-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

The boys speaking very well this morning, enjoying these press conferences on FSN. Nice to hear their thoughts on Whitecross.

Of course one journo couldn't resist asking Buddy if he thought this would be his last game for the Hawks.

I’m gonna get hung, but I’d drop Lewis for Savage.

And bring in Jed as Sub for Whiteman.

This more so if we are playing freo.

Lewis is a concern going forward for a number of reasons.

Feel for Whiteman, he wasn’t playing the best footy, but a Knee just before a GF, same the year before. 2 GF’s missed right on the eve must be effing heart breaking, massive difference when you do a knee mid season or start of the year as opposed to right before the big dance and 2 years in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as we come in focused DETERMINED to win rather than expecting to then we should go ok. Very lucky to win last night, the accuracy in front of goal needs to be better - otherwise it could end up being the 2012 GF all over again. You can have 20-30 shots at goal, but if you only kick 10 goals out of it, then you are not doing it right.

My dream for next week is that we are up by 15 goals half way through the third quarter. At this point Clarko walks down to the bench with a red top in one hand and Buddy's contract in the other. He then walks up to Buddy and let's him make a choice there and then.... "Sign now Buddy or you're off".....
Nothing like a bit of humour, but It makes good reading.

I’m gonna get hung, but I’d drop Lewis for Savage.

And bring in Jed as Sub for Whiteman.

This more so if we are playing freo.

Lewis is a concern going forward for a number of reasons.

Feel for Whiteman, he wasn’t playing the best footy, but a Knee just before a GF, same the year before. 2 GF’s missed right on the eve must be effing heart breaking, massive difference when you do a knee mid season or start of the year as opposed to right before the big dance and 2 years in a row.

Who's this Whiteman you speak of? There are quiet a few in our team. And, if you haven't noticed, Lewis has been playing a role all year, that's why hi is not getting a high possession count. He won't be dropped.

Hale was epic again last night. For all those who have thought he was a flat track bully, I think he has earn't his coin in the last two finals. The main thing I noticed is the aggression and passion he has been playing with. He has always been Mr Nice guy.

That said, should we have any concerns over his knee/leg after last night? He looked very proppy for quite sometime.

The one thing that did work in our favor from that was the 6-8 minutes it brought Roughy into the game. He seemed to really make a fist of crashing packs after that.

Seems like the favorites to replace WhiteX are Savage or Anderson.
Anderson would be a bit of a fairy tale whilst Savage showed some great form last week for BH.

Sentiment aside, who would you prefer to come into the dude to replace WhiteX.

For what it is worth, I would like to see Anderson replace Whitey

Seems like the favorites to replace WhiteX are Savage or Anderson.
Anderson would be a bit of a fairy tale whilst Savage showed some great form last week for BH.

Sentiment aside, who would you prefer to come into the dude to replace WhiteX.

For what it is worth, I would like to see Anderson replace Whitey

I want Anderson - but I am bias because I love watching that kid play. Tomorrow against the Cats is really a selection trial for both of them and maybe Simpkin (if he's playing). Whoever plays best in tomorrow's grand final gets to play another one next Saturday.

Bruest?

5 marks inside 50, 16 disposals, 4 shots on goal. In my eyes, his set shots let him down but you'd still rather the opportunities he created.

Scenario: Hawks 2 points down in the 2013 Grand Final, 6 secs to go in the final term, a mark has been taken 30 meters out directly in front of the Hawks goals.

The siren sounds.

Choose your own adventure:

A) Luke Bruest has taken a mark for a set shot.

B) Anderson or Spangher have the ball for a set shot.

I know I would not choose A.

I like Bruest but this season lacking in a key area in. Converting set shots.

Shiels was ordinary- as were many others.
Hill played his best game ever.
Ando will get the nod as sub.
Maybe Sav if they want some run, or a whole game.

Shiels missing that kick with 5mins left to give us the lead really worries me. Had a chance to prove himself and failed. Same could be said of Bruest. In fairness to LS he did a decent shut down role on Selwood early on and Johnson later but it is clear to me that he's not the guy that will ice it when it needs to get iced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back