Preview Grand Final Mighty Hawks vs Fremantle - 28 September 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson in for Whitecross would be my only change (assuming there are no other injuries).

Drop Bruest? No way. His set shots were terrible but at least he gave us plenty of opportunities with his marking and other play. Beside his set shots I thought he played a great game.

I am a bit worried about Savage. He landed awfully heavily on his head last week in Box Hill's prelim and, although he played out the game, I am wondering if he might have ended up with concussion.

For those worrying about Hale, he said on SEN this morning that it was just a bit of cramp.

Listening to some radio earlier today we may as well not turn up. So called media experts already tipping Fremantle or Sydney. I expect the team will be even more focused now that last night is over and there will be a few players that performed under par that will want to atone. I'm looking at next week as the team wanting to rebound because they did squander a lot of opportunities.

There were couple of times Lewis mucked up but then there were other instances when he showed his experience. To be honest we had a lot of our experienced guys involved in turn overs as well. No, Lewis wont get dropped and should not be dropped either. Breust wont get dropped either. I agree his kicking on goal makes us tear our hair out but the important thing is he plays a very important role in that F-50.

Picking another soldier for WhiteX should not be hard. The coaches just need to show up for the GF tomorrow and see who stands up. As romantic as it sounds to give Anderson a go I would still keep the options open till the VFL GF is over tomorrow. As devastated as we should be for WhiteX what an excellent opportunity for the likes of Anderson,Savage,Duryea and Simpkin to actually have an opportunity to play the game of their lives to be presented with an opportunity to better that in 6 days time.

Out: Whitecross
In: Anderson

FF: Gunston - Roughead - Puopolo
HF: Breust - Franklin - Rioli
Ce: Hill - Mitchell - Smith
HB: Birchall - Gibson - Hodge
FB: Guerra - Lake - Stratton

Ru: Bailey
RR: Sewell
Ro: Shiels

I/C: Hale, Burgoyne, Lewis + Anderson

Listening to some radio earlier today we may as well not turn up. So called media experts already tipping Fremantle or Sydney. I expect the team will be even more focused now that last night is over and there will be a few players that performed under par that will want to atone. I'm looking at next week as the team wanting to rebound because they did squander a lot of opportunities.

Shouldn't the experts wait and see tonight's game before making any bold predictions? Freo v Swans could be equally brutal, who knows what injuries or MRP consequences could result?

Plus we'll be playing at our home ground with an extra day's rest against an opponent travelling from interstate. Big advantage.

My only concern about last night is did we play our Grand Final already?

If we didn't lose the Grannie last year it would have entered my mind, but we are focused on the big picture. Clarko reminded the boys five minutes after they entered the rooms after the game that we haven't won anything yet.

"What if I am right? What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for" - Morpheus

Just need one more thing to occur for everything to click into place and for the prophesy to come true. At the end of the road is premiership glory. Let us hope the selectors do the right thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Ellis is not playing the VFL GF. I am not sure if he is injured or if Clarko is saving him to replace WhiteX next week.

Be afraid...be very afraid!

Weather next week?

25 i reckon. OH BOY

My mate works as a forecaster for the BOM. He wrote:
"Early grand final forecast for Melbourne.... the EC has a very deep low passing through Bass Strait with 500hPa temp of -28C in the afternoon over us. 850hPa wind westerly of 55kt at 4pm local. So windy, a few showers with the chance of a thunderstorm and hail. Temp in the middle teens for much of the day"

Rug up an take waterproofs!

Apparently Ellis is not playing the VFL GF. I am not sure if he is injured or if Clarko is saving him to replace WhiteX next week.

Be afraid...be very afraid!
He is injured

This Guy!

282720-tlsnewslandscape.jpg
Im all for it, but what would be going through Savage's head if it happens?

Really feel for WhiteX but think we have 4-5 soldiers that can come in.

Hopefully Buddy is ok.

To beat Swans 4 times in the year will be some pretty good redemption!
Buddy made a tackle towards the end of the game last night with the Geelong player landing across his arm, he showed no signs of any discomfort.....let's be honest it would have to be something pretty bloody serious to keep him from playing in the big one on the big stage!

so who would people rather play? I think Freo are the bigger threat, and to beat the best of the best all the way through would be the best way to go out!

My mate works as a forecaster for the BOM. He wrote:
"Early grand final forecast for Melbourne.... the EC has a very deep low passing through Bass Strait with 500hPa temp of -28C in the afternoon over us. 850hPa wind westerly of 55kt at 4pm local. So windy, a few showers with the chance of a thunderstorm and hail. Temp in the middle teens for much of the day"

Rug up an take waterproofs!

Saturday 28 September

Summary

Min 10 Max 19

Shower or two.
Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds north to northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h turning westerly during the morning.

I'll take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back