Preview Grand Final Mighty Hawks vs Fremantle - 28 September 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make no mistake about it......The biggest flood of all time will be on show in our forward line on Saturday.

Thats probably exactly what we want! Because we WILL manage to kick goals through that and in no time be 5 goals up. Then Flogmantle will have a choice to make.... Try and win the game or stem the bleeding. Its a win win for us. If they choose to try and win the game, then the game opens up and watch out when it does, we will pile on 5 goals before they even get a touch. If they choose to play the bs game plan of their's, then we win by 5-6 goals, it wont be a pretty game, but we will be premiers regardless!!!!

Biggest game of the year, really hope Franklin leaves us with a bang and he bags 6 goals...

If he does that ill personall load his bag to GWS....

To good of a opportunity not to take this final, comon hawks big game.

Jeez, I feel sick. Churned up already and it's only Tuesday.

Really happy that the Hawks made it.

The last few minutes of the prelim my guts was churning then after I was shaking.
Should be a ripper of a game on Saturday and hopefully the Hawks get up.

Hi Everyone sorry to intrude onto your board.

I would appreciate if a Hawks supporter would give me an idea of which Hawks player would are the taggers\run with players who they would likely tag and which defenders will man up against Pavlich, Clark\Sandi, Mayne, Ballas and Walters.

I expect de Boer to man up against Birchall or Hodge.

Seriously what is going on here.

Fremantle have no history to its name... they don't even have a credible figure to present them the premiership cup if they win the bloody thing!

Evidently weve been the hunted all season, finished with a 19-3 record, won 2 finals but a combined total greater than Fremantle, have the extra days preparation, the parochial crowd support and playing at a venue that clearly favours us.

If we don't put in a good showing there is something seriously wrong.

Fremantle fans, know your place and leave our board :)

Exactly. If this was weekly tipping (leaving aside it is the GF) and we had just beaten Sydney away and Geelong on the trot and you had to tick your box: Hawks MCG V Freo (Away) it would be a no brainer.

I would appreciate if a Hawks supporter would give me an idea of which Hawks player would are the taggers\run with players who they would likely tag and which defenders will man up against Pavlich, Clark\Sandi, Mayne, Ballas and Walters.

Is that you Ross?

Is that you Ross?
You got me, and you could have just told me you were going to put Guerra on Sandilands, and Burgoyne on Pavlich and I would have believe you. ;)

Here are my guess of the Freo matchups, I would appreciate if someone could do something similar for the Hawks.

Matchups

Crowley - Mitchell - Crowley plays better against the inside the players, and Mitchell is such a damanging player inside and outside especially when kicking into the 50. I would like Crowley to run off Mitchell on the rebound, I think Crowley has the pace to hurt Mitchell on the rebound.

Mzungu - Isaac Smith - Smith provided the hawks with the line break run they lack, and after Mzungu did a brilliant job on Hannebery I am hoping he can do a similar job on Smith.

De Boer - Birchall - Birchall got 36+ possies against us this year in tasmania, and there is no way RTB will let this occur again. de Boer will be with him all day and Birchall can be tagged out of the game.

Hodge - What a great game he played against Sydney, and with out an doubt he can not be allowed to be the loose man in defence. The issue with Hawks is they have so many players who greats skills in there backline and with out any doubt. If he is loose I expect Mayne or a resting mid to go to him, force the loose man to be someone else. This player on him must be dangerous otherwise Hodge will just ignore him.

I am tossing up on who is the best match up for these players. I expect McPharlin to matchup with Franklin, and Dawson to match up with on Roughead. This leaves Johnston to match up with the resting ruck (80% Hale) and Gunston to manned up by Sutcliffe or someone like that. Sutcliffe is 186cm, and will more than likely need help with this matchup. This leaves Duffield as the loose man, and he will need to make the most of this and

As Hakws sub out either Bailey or Hale to add more speed it would be a mistake to bring an extra tall into our line up and I think we have to use our speed on the counter attack to show the Hawks forward line as tall and slow. Johnson must create a lot of run when he is playing on the rucks once the ball hits the ground.

Spurr - Rioli - Spurr has taken the number 1 small forward all year, and this time it will be rioli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well just reading the Age sports page and nearly 7000 people have voted on who will win the game.

Currently sitting at 61% Freo to win!

Not sure what the Hawks have done to not be respected by the masses. 21/24 this year. Cant do much more.

On the other hand, if the Hawks win easy, it will be "yeah thought that might happen", lose and it will be the "greatest choke of all time".

On a bit of a hiding to nothing here.

Guerra on Pav.
Puopolo on Sandi.
Max Bailey on Ballas.
Andy Collins on Mayne.

Hope this helps. :thumbsu:

Well just reading the Age sports page and nearly 7000 people have voted on who will win the game.

Not sure what the Hawks have done to not be respected by the masses. 21/24 this year. Cant do much more.

On the other hand, if the Hawks win easy, it will be "yeah thought that might happen", lose and it will be the "greatest choke of all time".

It simply reflects how any people hate the Hawks and it is great. Most neutrals I know cannot bring themselves to go for the Hawks this week. Essendon and Carlton supporters seem to be the worst culprits.

Its a game of footy and will be decided on the field. Who gives a shit what a bunch of muppets voting on a news website think.

It simply reflects how any people hate the Hawks and it is great. Most neutrals I know cannot bring themselves to go for the Hawks this week. Essendon and Carlton supporters seem to be the worst culprits.

Its a game of footy and will be decided on the field. Who gives a shit what a bunch of muppets voting on a news website think.

Pretty sure they can vote multiple times as well.... but I can't imagine Essendon or Carlton [supporters] cheating, can you?

Crowley, Crowley, Crowley. Doesn't seem like the sort of character to let the media hype get to him but I'm loving how the pressure is building. Recent form points to the tag working but if his opponent(s) gets on top there'll be nowhere to hide...

It must feel great to get your reputation by being an a$$hole rather than based on being a talented player.

Who gives a **** when Hodge is lifting the cup at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back