Preview Grand Final Mighty Hawks vs Fremantle - 28 September 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were Collingwood against Fremantle i could understand, nobody likes Collingwood except Collingwood themselves. The hatred towards Hawthorn is mind boggling and probably jealousy at work.

I think you'll find not many people outside of Hawthorn like Hawthorn.

Who cares what anyone else thinks, OTC don't tip you, does it matter, I'm sure your coaches and players couldn't give a **** about it. Enjoy the week, soak up the atmosphere and hope like hell you get over the line on Saturday.

Yep this build up is perfect IMO.

Just have a look at Lewis' presser. They will come out on a mission to embarrass the doubters.

Rather be hated than irrelevant

According to the freo board it's the exact reverse that will happen; Lewis's words will fire the Freo defenders up and they will make the hawks pay dearly for even daring to suggest that maybe they're not the only team in the league that can exert pressure. I'm not sure what they think he should have said.

"Yep, Freo have got this one, I actually started Mad Monday yesterday. Pass me another beer will you?"

I'm getting pretty hacked off with the media this week. I know I shouldn't care about what hacks like Sheahan and one-eyed morons like Roos have to say- but at the same time I now am praying for the Hawks to utterly humiliate the Dockers just as a massive F-U to the fourth estate.

The commentary has been astounding really. On Footy Classified whilst dribbling about the purple fog or whatever they made a point of saying only 2 teams have scored more than 100 points vs them this year, 1 was when they sent their 2nds team against the Saints and the other was against us, well that's what their little graphic said but none on the panel bothered to mention it.

How half of these bloke have a job in the industry I really don't know, Freo were considered the 4th team in it at the beginning on the finals and now on the back of 2 good performances have been the best team in it all year.

Got the tv on in the background and that Talking Footy show is on channel 7 and there all going on about how Freo will win and purple haze blah blah Ross Lyon Defensive genius blah blah, there is so much disrespect towards us in the media at the moment its sickening, a little credit where its due wouldn't go astray.

This is a typical case of a minnow striving for their first against a powerhouse that has had too much success for its own good. For those a little greyer in the tooth I assume it was very similar to 1974 where North (with all the sentiment in the world) were chasing their first against a champion Richmond side.

At least this omen is in our favour :)

Put you hand up if you have already had enough of the total disrespect once again this week. Never seen a 21-3 team heading into a GF being talked down so much. A lot of scolded knobs.

Make it hurt Hawks.

Much like the first final against the Swans I will be placing another $100 @ 39+ on the Hawks.

Inspired me to spend on the $105 I collected from the brownlow.

Put $100 on Hawks 10-29 returning $375 (actually two separate bets of $50: 10-19 and 20-29 @ 7.50 each)

The other $5 just went on Luke Breust first goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else still shocked that we managed to beat Geelong, from 20 points down halfway in the last qtr?

Not really. There was always going to be a moment in the game in which we were going to make a run at it and that last quarter dominance was exactly how it all panned out. What really impressed me about our performance on Friday night, was our composure in the last quarter. We were controlled the ball whereas Geelong were the ones who were continually bombing the ball quickly and turning it over constantely and we were able to take plenty of intercept marks as a result of that. Led by Ben Stratton going back with the flight of the ball and taking in a one-handed mark. ;)

Not really. There was always going to be a moment in the game in which we were going to make a run at it and that last quarter dominance was exactly how it all panned out. What really impressed me about our performance on Friday night, was our composure in the last quarter. We were controlled with our possesions whereas Geelong were the ones who were bombing the ball quickly and turning it over constantely.

That's pretty much what happened alright.

I have to wonder what the commentary would have been like this week if we had beaten Geelong by the 4-5 goals that the game stats suggested we should have?

We controlled all but 2 x 10 minute patches in the game, we dominated every key stat there is but failed to kick straight, they kicked everything they chucked on their boots and were gifted 2 goals through incompetent umpiring which in reality was a 3 goal turn around if Rioli had been allowed to take his kick 20 metres out in the 3rd quarter.

I am glad I have avoid the media most of this week.

Starting to get excited. I imagine I'll look like this if we win (and for a long time after)

ron-swanson-drunk-o.gif

The commentary has been astounding really. On Footy Classified whilst dribbling about the purple fog or whatever they made a point of saying only 2 teams have scored more than 100 points vs them this year, 1 was when they sent their 2nds team against the Saints and the other was against us, well that's what their little graphic said but none on the panel bothered to mention it .

WTF was that random segment of a Freo jizzfest before H.Taylor came on as a guest? Thought I wonder how overboard they'll go talking up Hawthorn after that love in, but nah just random a Freo segment.

This is a typical case of a minnow striving for their first against a powerhouse that has had too much success for its own good. For those a little greyer in the tooth I assume it was very similar to 1974 where North (with all the sentiment in the world) were chasing their first against a champion Richmond side.

At least this omen is in our favour :)

The other precedent was 2007.

I'm not saying we'll smack the Dockers but Ive never seen so much lip and disrespect shown to a top qualifying minor premier since that very point.

I reckon well come out firing more than ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back