Preview Grand Final Mighty Hawks vs Fremantle - 28 September 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recon were gunna win by more then people expect us to win by. 31 points is what I think, but we might win by even more.

Go the mighty fighting hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There seems to be a lot of people saying that they think Hawks or Freo will win by a point or a few points and even some people saying it will be a draw (how you can predict a draw I'll never know!). What this says to me is that really all these commentators are just guessing and have no idea! A lot of them I expect are tipping who they want to win not who they objectively think will win (because they have no idea).

The way I see it, we're a 10% better side than we were last year, and I reckon Freo are a 10% worse side than Sydney 2012 version. Looks good from where I'm sitting.

Of course, any team can get a run-on against any other team...

I know if we lose tomorrow everyone will be going on about how we have underachieved as a club (not an assessment I agree with). If Freo lose I hope all the talk is about what an underachiever Ross Lyon is as a coach and all this rubbish about him being a genius will stop.

They will say we are chokers, blah,blah,blah. if we lose. If the dockers lose, the media will say, They were unlucky, they will win it next year, the Hawks were just lucky they won. If Lyon loses tomorrow, he will have lost 4 grand finals..It's coming Lyon, but I bet the media don't say much about him losing four. I want to see Clarko and the boys flog them tomorrow,so fed up with the tv,the papers,the radio, The Dockers will win,they are a such a good team. I hate the way they wrestle,and I hope whoever Crowley is on ignores the crap he goes on about. The more they give him back,the worse he will get. Ignorance is Bliss Hawks..Remember...:)

Probably a good idea to avoid coffee at all costs over the next few days if you're prone to caffeine induced game anxiety.

I had my usual 2 this morning and I'm absolutely beside myself with nervousness.

I recon were gunna win by more then people expect us to win by. 31 points is what I think, but we might win by even more.

Yeah I'm thinking along those lines too. Maybe bigger margin. I think it's due for a bit of a blowout in a Granny. Hawks way of course.

Interesting our whipping boy for poor disposal in Sewell is up there with all of their guys.

So we could make the claim that "sewell would be your best ball user" and have statistical proof?

Yeah for all the shit Sewell cops he's still got better disposal than Fyfe. Averages a direct turnover every quarter. It doesn't get better for them either. The next midfielder on the list in terms of possessions is Pearce who goes at 66% (Hill is next at 77% though).

What the stats don't show is that if you have a better disposal, you are more likely to attempt a more difficult kick successfully and put your team in a better, more attacking position.

I have a similar feeling TBH, yes I'm nervous, yes they could indeed win BUT...

I don't think the Hawks are going to be unsettled by extra pressure that no doubt will be applied, if they can hold sway for the first 30min or so the rest will fall into place. This team is focused beyond belief this year, there is huge self belief there irrespective who they've played.

They won't let this one slip! Bookmark it!!!

If the dockers win I will need to leave the state. They are 100 x worse than the eagles supporters due to the massive chip on the shoulder that they carry around 24/7 - whilst the football knowledge is probably up on the average eagle, the bogan component is horrendous.

I can seriously vouch for this - I call it the "little brother" mentality. But then if you don't have a history of premiership success such as the Hawks and in the west the Eagles (those fans I know are pretty relaxed about where they sit in the pantheon) then all you have is bluster and swagger coupled with copious beatings of chests.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Buddy is going to give them a bath tomorrow. He's really due, the Dockers have no one to stop him if he's in form (McPharlin is good, but also injured), and Bud knows this is his big chance to leave a legendary mark on the game. A lot of motivation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know if we lose tomorrow everyone will be going on about how we have underachieved as a club (not an assessment I agree with). If Freo lose I hope all the talk is about what an underachiever Ross Lyon is as a coach and all this rubbish about him being a genius will stop.

I'll be too busy celebrating the fact that we have once again beaten the greatest team of all time to care.

All of the impartial commentators I respect most have tipped Freo :(

Bartlett, Sheahan, Healy, Roos and Robinson.

And they have tipped against the hawks throughout the finals - seems you need to look for new impartial* commentators to worship

*impartial

26e.gif

All of the impartial commentators I respect most have tipped Freo :(

Bartlett, Sheahan, Healy, Roos and Robinson.

Really? Taking the piss, right? Those 5 names would all be right up there in my top 10 least respected, if not the top 5 itself.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Buddy is going to give them a bath tomorrow. He's really due, the Dockers have no one to stop him if he's in form (McPharlin is good, but also injured), and Bud knows this is his big chance to leave a legendary mark on the game. A lot of motivation.

According to the main board, Freo have poached him for 2014...

All I ask of the team is that they kick the ruddy ball STRAIGHT.PLEASE
:)
This is it in a nutshell. Inaccuracy cost us last years flag and the 2011 prelim, it absolutely must not cost us this flag. For gods sake we have a kicking expert employed by the club. Imagine the siren has gone and Bruest has marked the ball 35mt out directly in front and we are 5 points behind., what then.

I'm as sincere as the great KB.

After Tom Harley (there's a bit of Nick Maxwell about him y'know), these are the experts I turn to for guidance.

Hahahaha OK now I know you're joking! :D:thumbsu:

This is it in a nutshell. Inaccuracy cost us last years flag and the 2011 prelim, it absolutely must not cost us this flag. For gods sake we have a kicking expert employed by the club. Imagine the siren has gone and Bruest has marked the ball 35mt out directly in front and we are 5 points behind., what then.

Then he cramps like his life depends on it and we make sure Gunner or Burger are the closest ones to him.

Well tomorrow can’t come quick enough for me now. Never have I wanted Hawthorn to lose so much. You are easily the most arrogant, feral, uneducated supporters in the competition and it will be a pure delight watching you ‘low-lifes’ go down tomorrow, especially whilst I consume a slab of icy cold beers.
You’re biggest name Franklin is only a matter of days away from turning his back on you, yet you will all be screaming and shouting for him tomorrow like a bunch of delirious, fanatical primary school girls. It really makes me sick...This is the same bloke who cost you last years Grand Final because of his woeful kicking, yet you continue to idolise him and pin all your hopes on him to deliver. You should realise the guy has simply stopped delivering and I can’t wait to see him let you down again. If you’re selection committee had any idea they wouldn’t even play him on the weekend. He will be Hawthorn supporter’s most hated player next season after you lose, and you are rewarding him with a spot in the Grand Final. He must be laughing at you all knowing that he is leaving and you filthy Hawk supporters can do nothing about it.
Anyway, I hope I have educated a few of you with my wisdom, although I truly doubt it. I’ll sit back tomorrow and watch Fremantle give you another lesson. I can already taste the euphoria that I will experience when I see your premiership hopes get washed away by the Dockers and you can start all over again next season full of more false hope you muppets ...
Good to see you had the guts to use your REAL account :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back