Preview Grand Final Mighty Hawks vs Fremantle - 28 September 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
beats me why qlders would want freo to win..most swans supporters I know are supporting us..begrudgingly of course

Carn the hawks

WHISPERS
Fremantle defender Michael Johnson is the most likely player to appear in any "late change" alerts before the bounce tomorrow.

The All-Australian backman was wearing a compression bandage on his right calf at training and did very little in the warm-up before the media was locked out of the session.
He returned last week from a six-week layoff and was getting heavy treatment from trainers on the boundary line in the last quarter.
"Michael is a bit more of a concern but he is certainly in the 22 and I would be very, very surprised if he doesn't play," coach Ross Lyon said today
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...-grand-final-day/story-e6frf3e3-1226728715222
This would be huge. The guys on AFL 360 were saying that if McPharlin and Johnson arent out there Freo would lose. I think I agree with them. I think you could go one step further and say evem if they are playing and arent at their best theyre in trouble. We have a very very very potent fwd line and to be 2 men down back there will expose the hell out of them. Go Hawks!!!

WHISPERS
Fremantle defender Michael Johnson is the most likely player to appear in any "late change" alerts before the bounce tomorrow.

The All-Australian backman was wearing a compression bandage on his right calf at training and did very little in the warm-up before the media was locked out of the session.
He returned last week from a six-week layoff and was getting heavy treatment from trainers on the boundary line in the last quarter.
"Michael is a bit more of a concern but he is certainly in the 22 and I would be very, very surprised if he doesn't play," coach Ross Lyon said today
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...-grand-final-day/story-e6frf3e3-1226728715222
This would be huge. The guys on AFL 360 were saying that if McPharlin and Johnson arent out there Freo would lose. I think I agree with them. I think you could go one step further and say evem if they are playing and arent at their best theyre in trouble. We have a very very very potent fwd line and to be 2 men down back there will expose the hell out of them. Go Hawks!!!

Mj looked very ginger running the other day

Yep it's reaaaaal hard to decipher ;)
Well...there you have it. That there is clear cut sarcasm. I stand corrected lol.

Now let me try it:
Ross Lyon is a Master Coach ;)

WHISPERS

Hope we go with that rotating forward line that we do sometimes, mixing up the leading full forward every couple of minutes. Having roughy, franklin, gunston and Cyril taking turns at this is pretty hard to combat.

With Fremantle likely to put a hard tag on Mitchell and Hodge, this could be the game that Burgoyne slips under the radar. I reckon he will start in the midfield and around the stoppages, he is a gun clearance player. He's already been influential in the two games during the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So all, get those crystal balls out and tell me what you will all be doing in exactly 24 hours from now if we have Premiership No. 11.

Me...I probably would be on to the 24th rendition of our footy song and well on my way to the best hangover I've had in bloody years!! :p

To be honest, I thought it was a genuine question as well. To be fair to all, sarcasm is hard to decipher on these boards unless you state it obviously.

It was genuine.
I was curious...

My sarcasm is generally obvious. I have minimal subtlety in most things. Lol

There are purple flogs everywhere. I just had dinner in Hawthorn and there are people walking around in Freo jumpers and wearing purple scarves.

Hope we send them home in tears and they never come back.

God Shep, you almost made me feel sorry for them!

NOT!!!!! :p

I watched Freo supporters going hyper during today's parade with bemusement. They were whooping it up as though they'd already won the premiership while I watched on casually, knowing nothing has been won as yet. Historically, this is NOT a very good sign for the opposition.

I watched Freo supporters going hyper during today's parade with bemusement. They were whooping it up as though they'd already won the premiership while I watched on casually, knowing nothing has been won as yet. Historically, this is NOT a very good sign for the opposition.
I wouldn't worry too much about that mate. The one thing above all with the Hawks this year is that steely resolve, the eye of the tiger if u like, they have carried all season. The boys are so focused on getting it this year it will take a mighty effort from Freo. I don't think some noisy Freo supporters are putting the boys off their game this year. Bigger obstacles have stood in their way.
Personally, I'm feeling pretty good about it!

I am going to love all the flip flopping after the game when the entire media contigent is going to have to do a 180egree pivot and say "We knew the Hawks were always going to win".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back