Rumour GWS targeting Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe for Cameron plus first round pick is what we would want, Fyfe is already top ten player in the comp, definite champion already. Will have to pay him the big bucks but we should try keeping this team together first and foremost, we have a team that shouldbe gunning for top for finishes for 5 years or more, Fyfe should develop into a gun centre half forward, he is a similar player to Hird, just needs a little polish on his disposal to be outright best in the league.
Why you would trade one out and out champion for another is beyond me. Fyfe is a Freo boy and a West Australian and GWS are not going to give up Cameron and Pick 1 that would be just stupid. They want Fyfe for Pick one and that aint gonna happen.

Why you would trade one out and out champion for another is beyond me. Fyfe is a Freo boy and a West Australian and GWS are not going to give up Cameron and Pick 1 that would be just stupid. They want Fyfe for Pick one and that aint gonna happen.
exactly. Tell em their dreaming... Wouldn't mind cameron though..

Even if we were willing, I can't see Fyfe liking it. He seems like someone who doesn't want to ever live interstate. Not to mention the allure of a flag...

Ill admit ti knowing sweet fa about the cap or our position in it but yeah, guy is a star. As Rosich said "I dont think I even need to answer that question"

Well with Pavlich, Sandi and McPharlin retiring in the next 1-2 years and Mundy and probably a couple of others moving onto the vets list you'd think we'd have no issue paying Fyfe close to his market worth if we've got good list managers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is GWS's way of saying let us get Franklin. They are trying to spook us. We are probably going to table an offer to Franklin that will be less money than GWS but more than Hawks. He knows we'll be competitive and there is the allure of home. GWS are probably posturing and threatening to grab Fyfe/Mundy if we are successful. I say call their bluff, table an offer to Franklin. Bank on Mundy/Fyfe staying with the cap that Pav/McPharlin/Sandi free up eventually.

Sounds Ok for me...
images

Ability for ability I wouldn't trade GWS for Fyfe. If you add personality, hunger and the pain of a GF loss into the mix and I wouldn't trade any premium two players in the AFL for him.

Hope everyone is comfortable lining up because Fyfe is our future captain and he ain't going anywhere.

The list management guys need to show due diligence to any potential trade that's on the table imho. Loyd's team would already be on top of the draft prospects.

If GWS was willing think about it bringing in Cameron, plus using pick #1 for an AFL ready mid like Sharenburg. Yes we love Fyfe but we'd be mental not to really consider that in the context of our wider list model. Cameron is seriously going to be a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GWS targeting Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back