Rumour GWS targeting Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

The list management guys need to show due diligence to any potential trade that's on the table imho. Loyd's team would already be on top of the draft prospects.

If GWS was willing think about it bringing in Cameron, plus using pick #1 for an AFL ready mid like Sharenburg. Yes we love Fyfe but we'd be mental not to really consider that in the context of our wider list model. Cameron is seriously going to be a gun.

... and destroy the fabric and culture of our club?

You do not ever choose to trade a guy like Fyfe. Name a team that ever has. Croad certainly wasn't in that league when he was traded.

GWS chose the best time to make this offer. After our GF lose, it's clear we needed KPP forwards and they jumped in hoping to get lucky when we are all emotional about the lost and may be looking at a "fix"

The way I see it, GWS keep wanting to "win" with the no1 pick instead of fill their needs. They will end up having no takers.

... and destroy the fabric and culture of our club?

You do not ever choose to trade a guy like Fyfe. Name a team that ever has. Croad certainly wasn't in that league when he was traded.

That's just silly, and hyperbolic. I'm quite certain that one player doesn't hold the key to 'the fabric and culture of our club'. I'm not saying we should run off and do a deal, I'm saying it would be irresponsible not to look at any deal involving Cameron if he was on the table.

Try calming down a bit. :thumbsu:

GWS won't even think about trading Cameron, not for anybody. They'll offer Pick #1 and a midfielder.

The list management guys need to show due diligence to any potential trade that's on the table imho. Loyd's team would already be on top of the draft prospects.

If GWS was willing think about it bringing in Cameron, plus using pick #1 for an AFL ready mid like Sharenburg. Yes we love Fyfe but we'd be mental not to really consider that in the context of our wider list model. Cameron is seriously going to be a gun.

I think there is no way GWS would put Cameron up for a potential trade. They would be going backwards if they let him go. The whole aim of trading is to go forwards.

I think there is no way GWS would put Cameron up for a potential trade. They would be going backwards if they let him go. The whole aim of trading is to go forwards.

Agree wholeheartedly. They would be mental to let him go. He will be the best forward in the comp in a year or two, and let's be honest, gun key forwards are much harder to find than gun mids.

A friendly intrude here fellas, but an outsiders perspective.

Fyfe is good, but if you were given an opportunity to take a GWS mid (top 10 pick) and Tom Boyd, you would have to jump at that. Overall these two could be developed and be much better overall in value to your team than fyfe on his own.

You need someone to replace Pav, hardest person to replace is your KPF. You won't win a premiership without one. And a GWS top 10 mid with good development is going to come within 80% or more of fyfe.

In my outsiders oppinion it's emotional closed sightedness to not think that is a top deal and worth it.

Bullshit that Boyd and a GWS mid (with a loser mentality) is better than Fyfe.

Fyfe could be the best player in the competition. He is (and will be) much better than any mid that GWS could offer. And Boyd is a complete unknown, and will take many years to reach his potential.

Cameron is the ONLY player even worth considering. Even then, I would say that having the best mid in the comp is more advantageous than having the best KPF, so I would take Fyfe ahead of Cameron. Regardless, seeing as GWS won't trade him, then this is all absurd.

A friendly intrude here fellas, but an outsiders perspective.

Fyfe is good, but if you were given an opportunity to take a GWS mid (top 10 pick) and Tom Boyd, you would have to jump at that. Overall these two could be developed and be much better overall in value to your team than fyfe on his own.

You need someone to replace Pav, hardest person to replace is your KPF. You won't win a premiership without one. And a GWS top 10 mid with good development is going to come within 80% or more of fyfe.

In my outsiders oppinion it's emotional closed sightedness to not think that is a top deal and worth it.

Nah mate, Fyfe is untouchable.
Just out of interest, would you trade Dangerfield in the same deal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said earlier . The only thing that will get Fyfe to GWS & remember this IS IF HE WANTS THE MOVE. Then its up too GWS to facilitate this ,Freo Want #1 & Jeremy Cameron. No more no less.
Fyfe know he is a very required and importantly a contracted player so I doubt he will push on with this.

As I said earlier . The only thing that will get Fyfe to GWS & remember this IS IF HE WANTS THE MOVE. Then its up too GWS to facilitate this ,Freo Want #1 & Jeremy Cameron. No more no less.
Fyfe know he is a very required and importantly a contracted player so I doubt he will push on with this.
He wont go. His mate Yeo is on his way back to Perth. Fyfe bleeds purple. He wants to be in a Grand Final again and he knows he has a better chance of that with Freo than with GWS.

Except there's no way they'd offer us Cameron AND pick 1, I agree though if that was the offer we'd be mad not to jump at it as much as I love Fyfe.

I don't see how they could afford Buddy and Fyfe... Pure BS rumour, there is one every year. Fyfe is our next captain, don't rule out a change in the off season either.

Out of interest are you not familiar with the current AFL admin? As esti says they'd find a way to make it possible and then work backwards to invent a rationale for it.

May be off topic, but I always wonder why GWS don't trade their no1 pick for 2-3 experienced mid tier players. They don't need anymore promising young players but some experienced bodies to toughen up and also show the you team the ropes will help to make them immediately competitive.

Not that I am proposing this, but the team have to think hard if GWS offer us (or other teams like Geelong) the no1 pick for a combination of griffin and suban type of players.

The way they are offering they'll end up picking up Boyd to lose him or Cameron a few years later

May be off topic, but I always wonder why GWS don't trade their no1 pick for 2-3 experienced mid tier players. They don't need anymore promising young players but some experienced bodies to toughen up and also show the you team the ropes will help to make them immediately competitive.

Not that I am proposing this, but the team have to think hard if GWS offer us (or other teams like Geelong) the no1 pick for a combination of griffin and suban type of players.

The way they are offering they'll end up picking up Boyd to lose him or Cameron a few years later

Pretty sure that is what the AFL hierarchy were hoping they'd do with at least some of their draft picks. Build a team that could win half a dozen games at home in the first couple of seasons, not go out there with a bunch of kids and get thrashed by 10 goals each week.

The AFL wanted them to do this, I believe the problem was that clubs were unwilling to give GWS any players of quality in a trade. ie. They didn't have the balls (according to Sheedy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GWS targeting Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back