Rumour GWS targeting Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

May be off topic, but I always wonder why GWS don't trade their no1 pick for 2-3 experienced mid tier players. They don't need anymore promising young players but some experienced bodies to toughen up and also show the you team the ropes will help to make them immediately competitive.

Not that I am proposing this, but the team have to think hard if GWS offer us (or other teams like Geelong) the no1 pick for a combination of griffin and suban type of players.

The way they are offering they'll end up picking up Boyd to lose him or Cameron a few years later

I think they want quality.

Suban and Griffinesque type players they could get for a 2nd rounder and one of their younger high draftees.

They get Fyfe and it's a win, they don't - take Boyd and play Patton ....get his value up and trade him while Boyd has that year or two to develop. They're smart throwing this out after we looked short a target inside 50.

I think we would readily trade anyone on our list for this with the exception of Fyfe.

Not sure why Cameron is being mentioned ....they would never trade him, even if Fyfe was on the table.

Fyfe is off limits, I'd be hoping we were talking to GWS about some of our midrange players, even if it is for upgrades.

...I think we would readily trade anyone on our list for this with the exception of Fyfe.

Not sure why Cameron is being mentioned ....they would never trade him, even if Fyfe was on the table.

Fyfe is off limits, I'd be hoping we were talking to GWS about some of our midrange players, even if it is for upgrades.

Clarke, Walters, Hill?

yeah, they are just trying their luck there, when we are still emotional with our loss. Our missing piece of the puzzle had always been a KPF together with Pav and eventually replace his role. Our window is short with Pav, Luke and Sandi's retirement in the horizon. Boyd I would assume is neither ready for AFL nor playing in a GF at this point, so no way we'll go for the trade and close our window.

Cameron, on the other hand, is already a star player with growth potential, similar to Fyfe. He'll slot in and add immediately to our forward arsenal, adding to our premiership creds. And with our list of young mids coming up, the gap left by Fyfe may not be that big, so it it not totally unfathomable. We should probably spend a moment to consider if they are willing to trade Cameron.
Yup, still no. Sorry Sheedy. We love our WA boys.

Are you saying you'd give hill and pick 16 for pick 1?

i thought he was saying for cameron!! For pick 1 hill + 4th Round and even then probably not the right move unless 200% Mora will turn out better than hill in the next 2 years.

Is Hill a genuine A grader, debateable currently. Longer term maybe.

Whereas Fyfe is AAA grade. He will go close to a brownlow.

I don't think Hill is quite A grade, but no way IMO should we give Hill just to upgrade from an end of first round to a start of first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke, Walters, Hill?

Clarke would be a very difficult pill, however for Boyd - Id probably pull the trigger.

Moot point - they wouldn't trade pick 1 for anything less than Fyfe

The best thing they can do is keep as much of the team together as long as possible, teams get better as teams, and its divisive to treat the players as commodities. Geelongs sustained success has come to a significant degree due to holding thier core together and passing on the culture. Sydney also and to a lesser degree Hawthorn.

What about Clarke + first round for Pick 1 + 4th Round Pick
We then on-trade Pick 1 + GWS .4th ROund pick for Hogan + 3rd Round
Sounds like a good deal? Pretty fair.

Trade =
Lose - Clarke + 1st Rounder
Gain - Hogan + Melb 3rd Rounder.

dont know how my point relates to thread guys sorry. Pick 1 i guess.
And Clarke was mentioned :)

No it wouldn't, last year GWS themselves said pick 1 is worth an A grade mid around 23 years of age that's played 100 games. That's Hill.

I think they were alluding to A grade mid in the form of a Fyfe, Cotchin or Hanneberry...all are currently above Hill.

Playing hypotheticals - If we put Hill up for effectively Boyd, even though it's a speculative pick ...TBH I don't think Hill and our pick 16 would get it done.

Boyd is a risk but he is 4cm shorter than Zac Clarke and 5kg heavier ... you'd think he plays immediately.

I think this is all GWS just teasing, they'll take Boyd.

The best thing they can do is keep as much of the team together as long as possible, teams get better as teams, and its divisive to treat the players as commodities. Geelongs sustained success has come to a significant degree due to holding thier core together and passing on the culture. Sydney also and to a lesser degree Hawthorn.

LOL... Not to mention the half a dozen father / son selections they had that would have easily been first round draft picks that they got for nothing...

Sure....sounds good. Where do we get an A Grade KPF without giving anything up?

From an herald sun article.
But the Giants are determined to lure a young established star, and would even consider handing over pick 1 and their first-round compensation pick (pick 9) for the right package."

Is Pick 1 and Pick 9 enough to get Fyfe?

Would Melbourne swap Pick 1 for Hogan and a early 2nd rounder?

Would the early 2nd rounder get us Dal Santo on a 2 year contract.

Then could we get Fyfe back in 2 years time?

Also it was mentions that Montagna was chasing some success, maybe we could get him as well.

I am sorry for suggesting this, but if they offered Pick 1 and Pick 9 i would consider it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GWS targeting Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back