Harvey cracks the sads over Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

People have to remember where Harvs has come from..... Sheedy anyone,

The master of deception tought Harvs most things that he knows.

Who it is is irrelevant. Melbourne approached a Fremantle player, my question is, how would you feel about Fremantle approaching a Melbourne player?

If Warnock is so useless, why are Melbourne so desperate to get him? They seem to be throwing everything they've got into it. You don't have 8 players dressed in suits begging him to come if he's a hack (or maybe Melbourne do, god only knows he'd be better than any other ruckman you've got)

Like Jeff Farmer?? You mean.

Dummy spit? Is that what you think that was?

It was a calm measured response to a question he was asked without any malice at all.

Listen up...He doesn`t need proof to have an opinion.

If you don`t care what he says then stop throwing a tantrum and drink a glass of warm milk and ask your Mum for a hug:)
Calm perhaps, but if that is a measured response from your coach then god help you.

For the 2nd time I said that for the Freo posters to say there may be an element of truth to what Harvey said then they need something to back it up.

Just because I don't treat much of what he says seriously doesn't make his comment founded nor does it make my opinion less legitimate. He said something stupid so why waste your time trying to justify it?.. just move on and wait for his next stupid comment.

if you guys aren't trading picks, what about a player? anyone out of contract that we may target? i know that our recruiting staff rate petterd highly, how has he been going?

Take your pick of White or Yze. All Australians for an unproven kid. Bargain! :)

Well, that is your opinion and you can do what you want with it. Either way he is looking like a bit of a dummy spitter if he has no grounds so if you are happy with that then cool.

How did he look like a dummy spitter, he was asked a question and he answered it.

(given what we currently know) then they also are as foolish as Harvey.

I'm still trying to figure out what you currently know.

Some nice well rounded, well thought out comments from Bailey in an Article from MFC.com

Anything on your official website would be, as you said, well thought out.

Harvey was fielding questions on a radio show so there's a difference. Did Bailey consult Phil Jackson at the Chicago Bulls on what he should do regarding Warnock?

How did he look like a dummy spitter, he was asked a question and he answered it
He answered it with an unfounded statement that stemmed from sour grapes. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

I'm still trying to figure out what you currently know.
I know what has been publicly reported, if you know something that hasn't been mentioned publicly or in this thread then enlighten us otherwise please stop making a fool of youself.

For the 2nd time I said that for the Freo posters to say there may be an element of truth to what Harvey said then they need something to back it up.

This from the Sunday Herald Sun-

But when he arrived he faced a presentation that included the participation of co-captain James McDonald and eight young guns, including Colin Sylvia, Colin Garland and Simon Buckley.

Warnock was believed to be stunned when he found the Demons' young and emerging leaders clad in suits to pitch for his services.

And just to clarify the meaning of Ambush and Stunned, because some of you Melbourne supporters don't seem too bright. -

–noun Am·bush. 1. an act or instance of lying concealed so as to surprise: The highwaymen waited in ambush near the road.

verb, stunned, stun·ning, noun

3. to shock; overwhelm: The world was stunned by the attempted assassination.

The full article-

Brash Demons chasing Docker ruckman

August 17, 2008 MELBOURNE has made a bold play for in-demand ruckman Robert Warnock, hosting a secret presentation for the Docker at the MCG on Thursday.
Demons coach Dean Bailey, football operations manager Chris Connolly and about nine players made a powerpoint presentation in the club's MCG boardroom.

Warnock, whose brother Matthew plays for the Demons, bumped into former coach Connolly at Sandringham's VFL match last week and accepted an invitation to visit Demon headquarters.

But when he arrived he faced a presentation that included the participation of co-captain James McDonald and eight young guns, including Colin Sylvia, Colin Garland and Simon Buckley.

Warnock was believed to be stunned when he found the Demons' young and emerging leaders clad in suits to pitch for his services.

Connolly reluctantly confirmed the meeting.

"Everyone in and around Melbourne Footy Club knows that a marquee ruckman is the No. 1 recruiting priority," Connolly said.

"Now that Robert Warnock's season is finished, we'll look to spell out opportunities that we can present. We'll put a bit of work into it."

The meeting is made even more bold when it is considered that Warnock, who will not play again this season because of a shoulder injury, remains a listed Fremantle player until the end of the year.

Meeting players in season is fair game and not against AFL rules, the Players' Association has confirmed.

Fremantle chairman Rick Hart was quick to respond.

"It surprises me a bit," he said of the meeting.

"I suppose that's par for the course. It is unusual in season. But he is certainly a very required player for us and a big part of our future.

"We are pretty confident we can satisfy his requirements. He likes it here and is settled."

Sunday Herald Sun

He answered it with an unfounded statement that stemmed from sour grapes. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

Sour grapes about what, Warnock being shown around a ground where you aren't even able to train? Or that players at such a poverty stricken club can actually afford suits?

I know what has been publicly reported, if you know something that hasn't been mentioned publicly or in this thread then enlighten us otherwise please stop making a fool of youself.

Maybe you should read what has been reported again. Or get your Mum to read it to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This from the Sunday Herald Sun-

–noun Am·bush. 1. an act or instance of lying concealed so as to surprise: The highwaymen waited in ambush near the road.

verb, stunned, stun·ning, noun
–verb (used with object) 1. to deprive of consciousness or strength by or as if by a blow, fall, etc.: The blow to his jaw stunned him for a moment.
2. to astonish; astound; amaze: Her wit stunned the audience.
3. to shock; overwhelm: The world was stunned by the attempted assassination.
4. to daze or bewilder by noise.
OMG :rolleyes: Thank you for finally admitting that you have nothing.

Essentially Warnock probably was a little overwhelmed by the whole thing and perhaps humbled by the occasion. Linking this to "ambush" is pushing **** up hill.

OMG :rolleyes: Thank you for finally admitting that you have nothing.

Essentially Warnock probably was a little overwhelmed by the whole thing and perhaps humbled by the occasion. Linking this to "ambush" is pushing **** up hill.

So stunned and ambushed are totally different? Walking into a room expecting to see 2 people and finding close to a dozen seems pretty close to an ambush to me.

But your team has been around for 137 years longer than mine so you must be correct.

So stunned and ambushed are totally different? Walking into a room expecting to see 2 people and finding close to a dozen seems pretty close to an ambush to me.
Walked into a room? LMAO. He walked into the CLUB. Obviously there are going to be players around the club, what do you think he was expecting?

"Stunned" and "ambush" are significantly different enough for anyone who has basic comprehension skills and understands the context in which the word "stunned" was used. They are not so similar that they could be easily swapped in the article you refer to and yet retain the same context.

Stunned is a generic term that comes closest (in this situation) as suggesting that Warnock was overwhelmed by the reception he received at the club. Yes, the club may have turned it on a bit with the elaborate pp presentation and youngsters but there is nothing to suggest that Warnock was lead to the club on false pretences or that he was tricked into a situation that he otherwise would not have wanted to be in. He knew that the club was going to make a pitch.

But your team has been around for 137 years longer than mine so you must be correct.
Save the 5 year old stuff for Bay13.

"Stunned" and "ambush" are significantly different enough for anyone who has basic comprehension skills and understands the context in which the word "stunned" was used. They are not so similar that they could be easily swapped in the article you refer to and yet retain the same context.

Stunned is a generic term that comes closest (in this situation) as suggesting that Warnock was overwhelmed by the reception he received at the club. Yes, the club may have turned it on a bit with the elaborate pp presentation and youngsters but there is nothing to suggest that Warnock was lead to the club on false pretences or that he was tricked into a situation that he otherwise would not have wanted to be in. He knew that the club was going to make a pitch.

Save the 5 year old stuff for Bay13.

How elaborate can you make a pp presentation? Was it a special 3D one and he had to wear funny glasses to see it?

My reading on the word 'stunned' was more that he was shocked by the presence of the players, as in, it was unexpected, or perhaps he was surprised by it. That's a pretty fair use of the term ambushed.

You all seem to think that Harvs has the Melbourne players hiding behind the light towers at the G and just as CC was walking him across the turf on the G, they sprung out, armed with their elaborate pp presentation. :D

No, it doesnt.

Judd paraded himself post season. If he did make/ was made advances from other clubs, they werent so stupid as to do it so publicly.

Melbourne are in alot of strife here. :thumbsu:

Keep thinking that champ. I don't think the club would go and do something like this without properly thinking it through.

My reading on the word 'stunned' was more that he was shocked by the presence of the players, as in, it was unexpected, or perhaps he was surprised by it. That's a pretty fair use of the term ambushed.
Regardless of whether Warnock expected the younger players or not the club didn't do anything that ultimately would have changed the course of events. The use of the term "ambush" isn't fair on any level. If Warnock was not expecting the club to make a pitch then perhaps you could argue he was tricked but just because a few younger players were there doesn't mean that the club tricked him into anything.

Read some of the previous posts by your fellow Freo friends and you will notice that even some of them have admitted that the term was over the top.

Warnock accepting the invitation is him basically agreeing to us showing him what we've got. Maybe the PowerPoint presso & suited up players was a little overboard or more then he expected, but he wasn't just visiting his brother or old coach, i'm not even aware of his brother being involved in the presentation.

Must have been a short presentation. Na, I'm only being serious. He's as good as signed though.

According to channel 7, Richmond have confirmed interest in securing Robbie Warnock should he wish to return to Victoria.

Let the bidding war begin :thumbsu:

Bidding war??
He'll nominate for the draft, and we'll just take him. Count on it.

.....but you can have the hair from my butt crack if ya like.

Wouldnt you get cut at Warnock not the MFC? Its not as if we twisted his arm? Warnocks the cheating wife not the dees ahah. Oh and all you shockers on this board arguing. P&$^ Off!

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey cracks the sads over Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back