Harvey cracks the sads over Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

Please have him to save us from spending a ridiculous amount on an unproven kid that wants $330k a year when he could barely even get a game for Freo before he got injured.

Tigers would leap at Warnock for a million over three years

Imagine your super potential mids getting first use

Carlton would be the same and will no doubt chase him

Melbourne will improve bigtime with this guy playing for them

Finals in 3 years for sure with what they have and wil get in the future

Mark Riley may seem some value getting Jeff White to Carlton for a couple of seasons via the PSD

From what I've seen of him I'm not convinced at all. Remind me of what he's exactly done, even flashes of brilliance, and I might come around but I havent seen anything to suggest he's worth a high draft pick.
I just really dont see the hype that has been served up for this guy and think 330k a year and a low draft pick that Freo want is miles over the odds for what he has shown so far. Could be a player, but wouldnt risk it for that amount.

From what I've seen of him I'm not convinced at all. Remind me of what he's exactly done, even flashes of brilliance, and I might come around but I havent seen anything to suggest he's worth a high draft pick.
I just really dont see the hype that has been served up for this guy and think 330k a year and a low draft pick that Freo want is miles over the odds for what he has shown so far. Could be a player, but wouldnt risk it for that amount.

What had Cameron Wood shown last year?

Warnock has played more games, averages more disposals and slightly less hitouts per game, but you need to remember he's playing second fiddle to Sandilands who spends 75% of time in the ruck. Warnock is also reported to have a super running ability.

If Wood was worth a pick 14 last year, Warnock is certainly a top 25 pick this year.

What had Cameron Wood shown last year?

Warnock has played more games, averages more disposals and slightly less hitouts per game, but you need to remember he's playing second fiddle to Sandilands who spends 75% of time in the ruck. Warnock is also reported to have a super running ability.

If Wood was worth a pick 14 last year, Warnock is certainly a top 25 pick this year.

Exactly right, and look where Cam Wood is now.
Williamstown.
Being outplayed to the 2nd ruck spot by Bryan.
So I'm not sure if that's a good comparison or not for the value of Warnock.

If you take the risk, it might come off well, and hopefully it will for whoever gets Warnock.

But in my opinion the costly outlay is not worth the risky return.

Try this thread, excluding Freo posters almost everyone puts Harvey last.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474564&highlight=first+year+coaches

And if you don't want just BF opinions, Mike Sheahan wrote the following on the weekend.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24186659-19742,00.html

In the paper they put school like grades next to the coaches, Ratten & Knights got B+, Bailey C and Harvey D or D+, clearly last.

Oh no, you lost a couple of players. That excuse isn't really going to cut it when Essendon has the worst injury list in the league and melbourne's is worse then Freo, by round 10 we'd lost the 2 guys who've lead our goal kicking since 2001, we also lost our best defender and our best midfielder. So injuries are no excuse

So i'd say it's pretty widely believed that Harvey is the worst performed first year coach

Mike Sheahan and Bigfooty posters. Wow, thats definately convinced me now. We'll have to agree to disagree. Only time will tell whether he's good or not. Judging him on his 1st season, with our midfield being completely dessimated by injury isn't fair.

Our midfield is already starting to show signs of recooperation. Obviously Palmer and Ibbotson have been the big highlight. But guys like Crowley, Schammer and Mundy are starting to lead the young midfield. But losing our 2 best players from our weakest area has been the unravelling of the season.

The great thing is we've got all the tough positions fairly settled. We've got amazing tall forwards. An excellent ruck division and great defenders. Can't wait for the midfield to recieve 3x top 4 picks next season. Hasleby, Headland and whoever we get via the draft.

Exactly right, and look where Cam Wood is now.
Williamstown.
Being outplayed to the 2nd ruck spot by Bryan.
So I'm not sure if that's a good comparison or not for the value of Warnock.

If you take the risk, it might come off well, and hopefully it will for whoever gets Warnock.

But in my opinion the costly outlay is not worth the risky return.

I never said he was worth it, just that that is what his value will be. And Warnock seems to be rated higher then Wood, but then again this is said to be a stronger draft.

On the on market Warnock is worth no less then a good second round pick, but melbourne will hope that there's no open market

I never said he was worth it, just that that is what his value will be. And Warnock seems to be rated higher then Wood, but then again this is said to be a stronger draft.

On the on market Warnock is worth no less then a good second round pick, but melbourne will hope that there's no open market

Yup I agree with that, as a market price he is worth a second rounder, that is clear from all reports around the place.

However I'm talking about my little insignificant opinion, which is that if they do give that for him they can get burned bad my an overrated young ruckman. And that is why I wouldnt like the Tiges to give that away for him.

Sounds like melbourne have taken a strong push already and if you can squeeze Freo into a lesser pick or amazingly the PSD for nothing, he becomes a better pick up in value than if clubs compete and pay over the odds of his real worth imo.

But surely he is closer to a sure thing than an 18 year old taken in the 2nd round of the draft?

But surely he is closer to a sure thing than an 18 year old taken in the 2nd round of the draft?

Depends on what you think of him as a player and the development available in the 2nd rounder.

I'd take the 2nd round draft pick with an 18 year old with plenty of development in front of him than a 21 year old that hasnt shown much. Admittedly as a Ruckman thats always a tough call on a guy to show he's good by 21 but I just think the risk is too high to use a 2nd rounder on a bloke who played WAFL for much of this year, not being able to get a go at a team that had a horrible first half of the year, before being injured for the end of it. I dont like it.

It's widely believed that Bailey is doing a much better job then Harvey, ask anyone outside a Freo supporter and you'll get your answer.

Mike Sheehen rated the first year coaches recently and had Harvey stone motherless last, not Bailey.

Cripes, who'd have thought? Mike compiles another f**king list. Gold plated Hack.

Meanwhile, Harvey fired another barb towards Melbourne as the tug-of-war for out-of-contract ruckman Robert Warnock heats up.

Warnock visited Demon headquarters last Thursday where Melbourne football operations manager Chris Connolly, coach Dean Bailey and a group of players did their best to lure the giant ruckman to the club.

But Harvey said while Melbourne were concentrating on snaring talent from other clubs, the Dockers might look to steal the Demons' brightest young star.

"Young (Cale) Morton, I might take him out for a milkshake," Harvey said with a smile.
http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/docker-mark-johnson-announces-retirement-20080820-3ypy.html

Better be a protein shake ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harvs will be spewing when he reads the Herald Sun today! Reported that Robbie was sitting in the stands with Melbourne players last week at the West Coast game watching the Dees have a win.

Just another interesting thing is Robbie Is good mates with Jack Watts!

Harvs will be spewing when he reads the Herald Sun today! Reported that Robbie was sitting in the stands with Melbourne players last week at the West Coast game watching the Dees have a win.

I read that aswell, this is getting very interesting for us and I cannot wait to see Harvey's reaction to this.

Didn't know about Robbie being good mates with Watts, he's not even on our list yet and he appears to be helping us out already.

Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

:cool:
Wrong Jack Watts. There's a 21-22 year old playing VFL or ressies or some other league who he's mates with. Its not the underage potential pick 1.

:cool:
Wrong Jack Watts. There's a 21-22 year old playing VFL or ressies or some other league who he's mates with. Its not the underage potential pick 1.

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

No more Simpsons pics, I promise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey cracks the sads over Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back