Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee if Jackson stays, we might be the only option for Grundy (with pies paying a chunk)...

Duursma spoke upon arrival in Perth last night on 9 news denying any trade links following the report Port are meeting Rioli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Players are just about the last person that would admit it

I'm confused, why would Grundy leave a side that's about to play in a semi final to us for the same wage? He's contracted and holds the power in this scenario, I would be amazed if he came to us
If Dees keep Jackson(long shot), he doesn’t really have a home, as Pies want his $$$ off the books.

I know Liam personally, and he’s definitely not toxic.

He’s certainly not a “yes man” but he’s a deeper thinker / worrier.

He was refreshingly open about his struggles with MH, but he is a great character.

I think the issue he had at Carlton is he’s sitting behind too many for their midfield and he’s not quick enough to play on the sharp small forwards.

I’d have him at Hawthorn in a heartbeat as I feel we can play him as our 4th/5th mid whereas he was 7th/8th at Carlton.

Hard player, good character, well worth a punt.
Love the hawks supporter expat connection!

Also there are so many examples of players who aren't supported enough by their first club in terms of human (as opposed to athlese) issues and move somewhere they know they'll be taken care of, and they improve immidietely. I don't think Carlton have a good track record with taking care of their players who aren't called Patrick Cripps, Charlie Curnow or Harry McKay. Even Weitering had a rough time for a while.

If Dees keep Jackson(long shot), he doesn’t really have a home, as Pies want his $$$ off the books.
Being contracted, isn't he well within his rights to say no to a move that doesn't benefit him? I'd actually like to see Grundy take a strong stance and tell them he is staying. Make the club find the $ elsewhere

Being contracted, isn't he well within his rights to say no to a move that doesn't benefit him? I'd actually like to see Grundy take a strong stance and tell them he is staying. Make the club find the $ elsewhere
Of course he can, but would you want to stay somewhere you aren’t wanted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For millions of dollars and a big * you to everyone that didn’t want me… Yes, yes I would.
He will get the millions anywhere, I dunno about showing that up to work everyday at a place that wants you gone where you can move somewhere else.

Seems odd to do it just to spite the club

Of course he can, but would you want to stay somewhere you aren’t wanted?

I think it depends on what the club has advised him.

If he has been told that they will be playing others in front of him next year, then yes a move would be on the cards. Outside of that, I wouldn't consider the reason to save $ or create cap space as sufficient to drive a player out of the club. I guess it depends on how uncomfortable they would make it for him i.e Treloar

I must of missed something. Where is the parish talk coming from? Just a big footy hypothetical?
A bombre flog posted on the drafts board that Parish was seen meeting the Hawks.

Probably rubbish though.

Interesting - however this would be an easy prank to pull - I have two phones sitting on my desk right now and could just send them two texts giving a detailed report how I just saw Clarko meeting with Ryan Papenhuyzen about making a switch of codes and joining Norf.

First the Essendon Mitchell rumour and now this, seems strange from both clubs but wouldn't put it past either of them on just showing interest in an attempt to find out what they can shake out.

Another option could Darcy be gettable as a FA in 2023 and we are just doing Due diligence early?

Lot's of talk around Gresham and Parish to the Hawks, whom both will be free agents come end of 2023.

I say we wait for them and use next season as another stepping stone with this young group and we really focus on nailing this draft with pick 2 and Bruhn.
We can win another 3 to 4 games more than we did this season, if so then I feel players like Gresham and Parish would love to jump on board as the writing would be on the wall.

The whole league will see Hawthorn coming and what Sam has built in 2 years.

(And you dont have to get bent over by Dodoro)

Interesting - however this would be an easy prank to pull - I have two phones sitting on my desk right now and could just send them two texts giving a detailed report how I just saw Clarko meeting with Ryan Papenhuyzen about making a switch of codes and joining Norf.
"he's a likely type"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back