Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't be that bad at buying cars, I've got four them! Brought 3 of them in the past 4 years - it's the getting rid of them that I struggle. Yep, GW will have a handle on the Mitchell value proposition. From today's press, it looks like the Pies are shifting focus to Fiorini, so that might be your answer. Can't help thinking that inside Mids is a buyers-market right now - will be interesting to see how this ends up.
No-one ****ing cares what cars you own.

7 year contracts aren't coming to become less strange just because salary caps increase. There's no other sport in the world that has these sort of deals that are 100% guaranteed and with no risk of being moved on or traded against your will. Won't be long before the clubs find a way to fight back against any half decent player wanting more than half a decade guaranteed.
Soccer?

Not sure where scope (reward) came from, I used the term risk/reward. To be clear, greater risk/reward than an unwanted 30 year old Brownlow Medallist and reported 3 time best and fairest winner (Hawthorn site says just two PC Awards - last of which was 4 years ago. Unless you know something about this year's award) who struggles to get a game in the mid-field in a team that finished 13th and has (I believe) been demoted at times this year to the VFL.
You are having a deadset mare

And your belief is wrong

Played zero VFL

Not sure where scope (reward) came from, I used the term risk/reward. To be clear, greater risk/reward than an unwanted 30 year old Brownlow Medallist and reported 3 time best and fairest winner (Hawthorn site says just two PC Awards - last of which was 4 years ago. Unless you know something about this year's award) who struggles to get a game in the mid-field in a team that finished 13th and has (I believe) been demoted at times this year to the VFL.
You've worn out your welcome now.

Replace 'unwantedf 30 year old' with 'wanted 29 year old' ...delete the word 'reported' as he WAS B+F just last year....Doesn't 'struggle' to get a game in midfield, we have other priorities, not being in a flag window...Was NOT demoted to Box Hill.

Your posts have now crossed the line in either deliberately or just thoughtlessly, agitating.

I will cut to the chase.

The Hawks will rightly be looking for something around pick 25. If that's not Collingwood's ballpark, so be it.

End of story

Last edited:
We can all move on now.

Thank God GIF

Say Gunston leaves.

The Ideal scenario is Gunston chooses Brisbane… Brisbane can’t get him as a free agent because they will lose the compo from McStay.

What is his trade value? What compo will they get for McStay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say Gunston leaves.

The Ideal scenario is Gunston chooses Brisbane… Brisbane can’t get him as a free agent because they will lose the compo from McStay.

What is his trade value? What compo will they get for McStay?

Lions have likely have 2 F/S picks to bid on. Ashcroft likely to be tried in the first few picks, Fletcher possibly inside the top 30. Brisbane would not be great to trade with as they will likely be using the majority of their picks to stave off bids on Ashcroft and Fletcher.

Lions have likely have 2 F/S picks to bid on. Ashcroft likely to be tried in the first few picks, Fletcher possibly inside the top 30. Brisbane would not be great to trade with as they will likely be using the majority of their picks to stave off bids on Ashcroft and Fletcher.
This is why we should look to their future 1st. If they want picks, Gunston + 2022 2nd/Titch return (Whichever we don't use for trade targets) + 2022 4th(GCS) for 2023 1st + 2023 3rd. Gets us another stab at next year's draft and all the delights available.

They need more points to secure both so they should be quite easy to deal with.

They need more points to secure both so they should be quite easy to deal with.

Huh? They need to stockpile picks, so they should be easy to get picks out of? Not sure I follow.

Their 2023 Picks should be easier to access, especially if we sweeten with a later 2022 Pick or part salary.

Their 2023 Picks should be easier to access, especially if we sweeten with a later 2022 Pick or part salary.

2023 not really assured also if they'd have to go into deficit to get both players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back