Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:

More I think about it I need to realise the reality, no trade for us. Bruhn very vey likely elsewhere, meek a chance and …..draft for us and I hope it’s aggressive with brockman or dgb to wce. Mitchell, Gunston, Wingard sadly have no value. We need to be ruthless or we are next 20 years of the bombers past 20.

More I think about it I need to realise the reality, no trade for us. Bruhn very vey likely elsewhere, meek a chance and …..draft for us and I hope it’s aggressive with brockman or dgb to wce. Mitchell, Gunston, Wingard sadly have no value. We need to be ruthless or we are next 20 years of the bombers past 20.
Sam is a new and untried senior coach. I think players choosing us over Richmond, Geelong and the like is going to be very rare if at all possible. Our only option for now is the draft. We need as many picks as possible.

If Jack wants to go to the Lions our focus should be on improving our draft hand next year.. what could we give up in addition to Jack to assist the Lions land their father/sons this year but in return land their first round pick next year?
Pick 24 is too much, pick 50 seems not enough (maybe it is??) if we could get a pick in the 30’s or 40’s for Tom maybe we could on trade that. Is a pick slide say from 24 to 31 this year enough to get our hands on their 2023 1st? That’s the sort of deal I’d be trying to orchestrate

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Bruhn was coming to us it would of been announced just like Hopper & Taranto.
Once Cats finish their finals it will come out that he picks Geelong

Sam is a new and untried senior coach. I think players choosing us over Richmond, Geelong and the like is going to be very rare if at all possible. Our only option for now is the draft. We need as many picks as possible.
Sam isn't untried - he coached all season.

And Amon just chose us over other Melbourne clubs including Carlton, Saints & Melbourne (from memory). Clearly, Free Agency is an option, as is trading.

Inaccurate post is inaccurate.

It is a hypothetical trade thread. So it is all opinion based with a sprinkle of inside knowledge. Read everything here as opinion.
I get that but when posters state for instance player x to club x like they have ITK info when in fact they are just guessing like the rest of us it creates unnecessary confusion.

Dumb comparison.

Howe and Phillips were always at risk of being delisted. Anyone who said otherwise hasn’t been paying attention.

As for the Eagles trading out of the top 10, it’s madness.
They’ve just finished bottom 2 and have an aging list.
You might think that a hypothetical thread means you just come up with completely unrealistic trades they make no sense for the clubs involved, but it’s simply impossible to see the Eagles trading out of the top 10 when they’re standing on the edge of the cliff, holding pick 2.

Unless they could get 3 picks from 10 to 20.

1 young player doesnt turn things around. 3 may.

Pick 6 is midfielder + Amon
What about Bergman and Duursma? If we can land one of them along with Meek and nail the draft, then that would be a big tick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam isn't untried - he coached all season.

And Amon just chose us over other Melbourne clubs including Carlton, Saints & Melbourne (from memory). Clearly, Free Agency is an option, as is trading.

Inaccurate post is inaccurate.
Mate, I know we are die hard Hawks fans and one eyed supporters but Sam has coached one full season. That's what I'm referring to. If you were a player and you were approached by Hardwick, Scott and Mitchell, who do you think will require more consideration? You are talking about two of the best and most successful coaches in the last decade versus a great player who has only started his career.

Regarding Amon, it will help to have some mature players and I'm not saying we can't get free agents but he's going to be 28 next year. That should not be our target age group generally.

If Bruhn was coming to us it would of been announced just like Hopper & Taranto.
You’ve had a number of posters ask you and you’ve not even bothered to respond.

If you’re just posting opinions, say so.

If Jack wants to go to the Lions our focus should be on improving our draft hand next year.. what could we give up in addition to Jack to assist the Lions land their father/sons this year but in return land their first round pick next year?
Pick 24 is too much, pick 50 seems not enough (maybe it is??) if we could get a pick in the 30’s or 40’s for Tom maybe we could on trade that. Is a pick slide say from 24 to 31 this year enough to get our hands on their 2023 1st? That’s the sort of deal I’d be trying to orchestrate

Stop listening to the haters in the media. T Mitchell is worth more than a pick in the 40's.

Stop listening to the haters in the media. T Mitchell is worth more than a pick in the 40's.

I reckon he’s worth around 25-35 but I also reckon we’ll take what we can get

40’s is worst case scenario but if we trade that pick on to Brisbane and get their first it doesn’t really matter, does it?

What about the 30 other players that are on their way out of clubs that are finished for the year? Unless all 30 trades are going to go to Sydney, geelong, pies and lions. Let’s just wait till we get abit closer to trade period. Hell most years players don’t announce their intentions till trade week

Unless they could get 3 picks from 10 to 20.

1 young player doesnt turn things around. 3 may.
This is not a strong enough draft to be trading out of Pick 2 for something in the teens.

Honestly missing on Bruhn wouldn't be too bad. I’d obviously like him and think he has developable traits playing mid but his form at GWS hasn’t been great. Has lacked the composure that made him such a tantalising prospect in his draft year.

Not at all opposed to simply taking 7 and 24 to the draft alongside maybe picking up a fringe mid (e.g. Flanders) for cheap. Rome wasn’t built in a day and getting Amon + a developable mid with Pick 7 is a good start to see us competing in 2-3 years.

Also think there are some really good options at 24 (looking at you Darcy Jones).

Mate, I know we are die hard Hawks fans and one eyed supporters but Sam has coached one full season. That's what I'm referring to. If you were a player and you were approached by Hardwick, Scott and Mitchell, who do you think will require more consideration? You are talking about two of the best and most successful coaches in the last decade versus a great player who has only started his career.

Regarding Amon, it will help to have some mature players and I'm not saying we can't get free agents but he's going to be 28 next year. That should not be our target age group generally.
I was going to argue with you but it's pretty pointless if you think Sam Mitchell - a man essentially an on field coach during 3 premierships, an assistant coach for another premiership and a star of the competition - is untried.

Every coach is untried initially. This is such a nothing comment.

Bruhn will be a nice to have. But he ain't gonna shift the dial. To be honest, I don't really care if we land him or not.
I just wanted to land Amon as a FA, and try to improve our draft hand.
We know Mitchell is gone, and probably Gunner. Still a long way to go until trade week.

Amon ain't changing our fortunes either. Granted he's a much better player than any of Bruhn, Flanders or Henry currently, but those three have the potential to grow with the side and be solid to great 10 year contributors.

Picking up talented youngsters that are undervalued is going to help accelerate our rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back