Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Or they give a late pick for Gunston or future late pick and use 15 to get more points from a different club
In that scenario they still need us to agree to the trade so that they keep the McStay compo. If all we're losing is a late pick, we're better off hanging out out to see if they can get strike a deal using 15 that gets them the points for 15 plus the McStay compo. It wil be easier if the Mcstay compo is not end of first round, but if it is it's going to be hard for them to make up the points.

I know we are fixated on trying to prise out pick 2 from WCE (or MFC) but surely it would be easier to get 3 from GWS, given how many first round picks they will have. If WCE go for a local lad our target could slip a spot. Who would GWS be prepared to give up for 3 if we also send them 6?
GWS will want to move up with all their picks rather than back.

I know we are fixated on trying to prise out pick 2 from WCE (or MFC) but surely it would be easier to get 3 from GWS, given how many first round picks they will have. If WCE go for a local lad our target could slip a spot. Who would GWS be prepared to give up for 3 if we also send them 6?
if they are looking like you said to capitalize on their draft capital then they more likely to package to try and get North to split 1 I would think

Taken me a while to catch up and I only started 20 pages back lol.

200.gif

Joke gifs aside, good first post. Have fun!

Brisbane don't care what number draft pick they have this year, they just need points to get Ashcroft and possibly Fletcher. If they take Gunston as FA then they lose the McStay compo which could be a high as 948 points, (end of first round has been touted as a possibilty). So we trade 24 and 50 for their pick 15. They lose about 50 points on the trade but keep the McStay compo, so they're about 900 points better off. Both sides win. Hawks move up the draft order and Brisbane have additional points they need. Why would the hawks accept some late token pick just to help Brisbane?

50 points - lol. They won't do that.

Pick 2 on the table.

That was my reaction yesterday, but I thought I was reading into it wrong because everyone saw it as WC want to keep pick 2.

I read it as they don't want to trade pick 2 for Jackson and Melbourne only want a top 10, so splitting it made the most sense.

if they are looking like you said to capitalize on their draft capital then they more likely to package to try and get North to split 1 I would think
Acquiring picks isn’t working that well for them. They ought to be using picks to get players. What’s the difference between pick 3 and 6 if they are gone in a few years anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scats. Again.

I'm not disappointed as he was never a serious chance of getting to us, but what is it with Geelong locals? I've never seen draftees from anywhere else so single minded about going back home.

I'm not disappointed as he was never a serious chance of getting to us, but what is it with Geelong locals? I've never seen draftees from anywhere else so single minded about going back home.

Like it or not the lifestyle choices between Geelong and Melbourne are chalk and cheese. A lot more relaxed and traffic ATM is no where near as diabolical as Melbourne. List goes on and on and will keep doing so for quite a while unfortunately

So Amon had 3 other clubs chasing him and eventually chose us. I assume the others were Saints, Demons and who else?
It was Carlton

"Wherever they want me to play" - might be reading into this a bit much but do we potentially have a different role lined up for Amon other than pure wingman?
He said he wants to play inside outside and have balance to his game. I think Sam sees him as centre bounce option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back