Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would Pies want Tom Mitchell - what does he add to the side
Groinstrain1.jpg

Will Grundy even pass a physical ?

Do people even know the real story of the injury.

This is another reason he is being shopped so aggressively.

Hope we see the light and stay well away.

Will Grundy even pass a physical ?

Do people even know the real story of the injury.

This is another reason he is being shopped so aggressively.

Hope we see the light and stay well away.
Do you know the 'real story' of the injury?

Please elaborate on the reason he's being shopped so aggressively, if it isn't salary cap concerns.

Thanks

if we can get a good return for DGB I say might as well take it. Have other guys who can play in a similar capacity, and who perhaps have even shown more to this stage. Not knocking DGB but if we can combo something like DGB + Brockman + pick 6 in exchange for pick 2 and maybe one of their late / future late picks, could be worthwhile for both teams.

From WCE perspective, get DGB in as a young but already AFL ready mid-key defender. Long term replaces mcgovern. Also get brockman for relatively cheap who has shown talent in glimpses and maybe has the potential to put himself into that void left by the departure of Rioli. (Port failed horribly in the fantasia trade, and have been desperate for some quality small forward talent. Robbie Gray / Motlop both finished and think Rioli also wants to be there for family reasons). Slide from 2 down to 6 but also possibly getting 2 best 22 long term young players in the deal.

For the hawks it gives a much better opportunity to bring in a top flight young mid with a really high pick, something we really need to look for to add to our long term engine room. Need some more guns in there to support newcombe. We do lose DGB but luckily we have strong defensive reserves and somebody like Jeka should be able to fill that role.

Maybe wishful thinking that WCE will want to part with pick 2. But could cover some extra bases if they split 2 for 6 and some players.

if we can get a good return for DGB I say might as well take it. Have other guys who can play in a similar capacity, and who perhaps have even shown more to this stage. Not knocking DGB but if we can combo something like DGB + Brockman + pick 6 in exchange for pick 2 and maybe one of their late / future late picks, could be worthwhile for both teams.

From WCE perspective, get DGB in as a young but already AFL ready mid-key defender. Long term replaces mcgovern. Also get brockman for relatively cheap who has shown talent in glimpses and maybe has the potential to put himself into that void left by the departure of Rioli. (Port failed horribly in the fantasia trade, and have been desperate for some quality small forward talent. Robbie Gray / Motlop both finished and think Rioli also wants to be there for family reasons). Slide from 2 down to 6 but also possibly getting 2 best 22 long term young players in the deal.

For the hawks it gives a much better opportunity to bring in a top flight young mid with a really high pick, something we really need to look for to add to our long term engine room. Need some more guns in there to support newcombe. We do lose DGB but luckily we have strong defensive reserves and somebody like Jeka should be able to fill that role.

Maybe wishful thinking that WCE will want to part with pick 2. But could cover some extra bases if they split 2 for 6 and some players.

I'm not as convinced as some that he's going to be an elite KPD, DGB. I think it could go either way, and he's probably more suited to a Grimes or Leaver role... it is too early to say but.

He does have much more value than what you've suggested however.

Hypothetically, I think 6 and DGB for 2 and 26 is absolutely fair.

Picks 2, 24, 26 would be a great hand.

I don't think Eagles are doing it for 6, 24 and Brockman.

In a lot of ways this would be better than Bruhn (would like both), as we use pick 6 for mid, and use round 2 for Henry or Titch as part of trade

These alarm bells are completely fabricated though.

Nowhere did that post say the that Bruhn prefers Geelong. There had never been any indication that he does, aside from journos making the same connection you have.

I think his dad is a hawks fan and I believe the lad himself is an Eagles fan (though I could be wrong), I could also make assumptions and assume - like many non Geelong fans who live there - that he actually can't stand the cats....

In this post you've convinced yourself that he does and then give on to question whether he would go on 4 years. Loads of people are itt.

The hand wringing itt is getting a bit out of hand.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I'm not as convinced as some that he's going to be an elite KPD, DGB. I think it could go either way, and he's probably more suited to a Grimes or Leaver role... it is too early to say but.

He does have much more value than what you've suggested however.

Hypothetically, I think 6 and DGB for 2 and 26 is absolutely fair.

Picks 2, 24, 26 would be a great hand.

I don't think Eagles are doing it for 6, 24 and Brockman.
I don't want to loose DGB but If I was WCE, I would give up 2 and 26 for DGB and pick 6. I would also do whatever I could to get Brockman across which wouldn't be much to their advantage (again would love to keep Brockman like DGB) For a team needing to rebuild, getting in DGB, Brockman and pick 6 would be an absolute ripping way to start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one goes out to all the chicken Littles….

This is shaping up to be a very interesting trade period across the board. Especially compared to last years snore fest.

Could fizzle out and be boring, but all the right set up is happening.

So they cough up 3 firsts for both? Wow.
People will argue it’s different but they are attempting to top up at the end of a dominant era… look forward to it

This one goes out to all the chicken Littles….

Can see this dragging down the whole trade period. We should try and make a deal on bruhn straight away so we are free and we get our man. Hopefully if we can offer that certainty we can still land bruhn.

Just to revisit what we already know.

“The only way Bruhn won’t get to Hawthorn is if the Cats miss out on Hopper. Even if this happens we’re still in with a decent chance.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back