Autopsy Hawks fall short against the Swans - Rd 8 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn’t matter who you put in the forward line ... we are horrible at kicking the ball inside 50.

As bad as Lewis was , Gunston didn’t set the world on fire ... no other tall had an impact ... we just are a poorly skilled side.

My concerns are Worpel is horrible by foot. No penetration , can’t hit a target further than 25 metres.

Decision making coming out of defence or coming out of the middle is disgraceful. We won the clearances in the middle to which we would quick kick it. No dash no dare no skills no confidence.

Will things change ??? It will be too late. The tired old Players are afforded too much chances ... the young players are given bugger all chances if they don’t fit the structure ...

I'll be surprised to see Mitch Lewis play for Hawthorn for a while after that press conference...
Didn't see the conference...did Clarko mention something that applied negatively on Lewis?

I wonder how much the kicking efficiency numbers would change if we weren't playing the boundary line and constantly bombing it to contests for turnovers.

The game plan is laughable, literally. Everyone is laughing at it.

Not everyone :'(

Please. He is rubbish.
One time today Wingard was streaming into forward 50 begging for him to lead but he wouldn’t. Useless. Soft. Pathetic.

Probably realised after watching Wingard take on 19 Swans to take a shot off balance himself instead of passing that it wasn't going to happen.

I literally said 2, maybe 3 times already, that you may well be right about that.

But Lewis' footy last year was a mile better than Dowler's entire career. I also said he was a mile off that this year.

So you are banging on about a bet on a completely different issue than what you've been debated on :drunk:
No I am also debating the whole “Lewis last year was better than Dowler whole career” because I must have missed it.

Did Mitch show a couple of fleeting glances last year yes he did, but it was very fleeting.

Since then he has shown ZERO effort and that’s why he will be delisted.

There have been many not very talented footballers that made a decent career in the AFL because they played with EFFORT, Mitch sadly does not even do that.

I laugh at the TOB knockers on this board who are bullish on Mitch, because TOB is off the charts in Effort compared to Mitch.

**** I hope I am wrong.

No I am also debating the whole “Lewis last year was better than Dowler whole career” because I must have missed it.

fu** I hope I am wrong.

Sounds like it. Or you have an inflated opinion on what Dowler produced.

Otherwise you seem to be arguing with yourself as I agree he has been putrid this year. And I agree that TOB has a dip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You had us trading Worpel last week if I recall.
Worpel's ceiling is severely overrated by our own. Yeah he was great last year but he is a battler with a bit of speed and aggression. If we got given access to draft a real top end talent that we had our eye om via a top 10 pick, id trade him in a heartbeat.
We have a midfield comprised of O'Meara, Mitchell, Worpell and Shiels - none of which are renowned for hurting the opposition

Worpel's ceiling is severely overrated by our own. Yeah he was great last year but he is a battler with a bit of speed and aggression. If we got given access to draft a real top end talent that we had our eye om via a top 10 pick, id trade him in a heartbeat.
We have a midfield comprised of O'Meara, Mitchell, Worpell and Shiels - none of which are renowned for hurting the opposition
Shiels in the first quarter breaks away from the chasing player and threads it from the boundary, last quarter directly in front on his own... Out on the full.

Where to begin, so much bad... At least will day looks tip top.

Every comment is spot on and the list is in a bad place, but either the club understands this or the don't, If they don't that would be real bad.

We have a serious coaching and leadership problem. Now more then ever it is showing. Ratten at least offered some senior experience. We have lost significant coaching and fitness talent over the years and it's all come to a tipping point. Clarko has not hired replacements as good as those lost.

Lastly Stratton is cooked, was one of my favourite backmen in his prime but when he takes the field.now he is not leading the team just being a bystander, not good for the kids to see this either.

Sicily forward. His field kicking bombs arnt working. At the very least make the forward line as dangerous as possible, impey in the pocket, Wingard half forward, and get bruest back. No big men who can't move they offer nothing.

All things can be fixed but if changes don't happen behind closed doors I will be shocked

Why would he say it publicly though?. Its not going to lift the players in any way, shape or form is it?
Understand, but he's also speaking to the supporters at these press conferences and we need to know that we're on the right track. To date, based of the majority of his comments, i get the impression that he thinks trades like Ben Brown are still good for our club.

Sounds like it. Or you have an inflated opinion on what Dowler produced.

Otherwise you seem to be arguing with yourself as I agree he has been putrid this year. And I agree that TOB has a dip.
Or maybe you have an inflated opinion on Mitch and his season in 2019.

Anyway I guess I am like all Hawk supporters, bloody frustrated ATM.

I will have another half a dozen ice cold Boags Premiums and try to calm down.

It all good.

Here’s a tip.
Next time read a post and comprehend it before going full melt and telling someone to stop drinking the kool aid then champ.

Me: “27% disposal efficiency, is it the gameplan or the skills”
“We lack confidence, basic skills and connection”
”we couldn’t play much worse”

Noel : “Hurr durr, you’re kidding, stop drinking the kool aid from the club!”.

Still waiting for the apology. Do you really think I that’s it’s appropriate to call another poster an idiot? You can make your point without calling them idiot ya know, not that hard to do

Clarke, cunningham, Taylor, Reid, aliir, gray,Fox, ling, Stephens, Taylor, bell, Sinclair....... this is close to the worst team an afl club has put out on the park and we lost to them. And that’s being generous to a few others on their team. What an absolute pathetic performance that was. No longer is this just a gameplan problem, this is a competitiveness and skill problem. When your team is weak at the contest and poorly skilled you won’t win many games, this is the position we are in now.

Sadly, it's hard to see who we can have a win against. Ridiculous when you consider we rolled last year's Premier less than a month ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks fall short against the Swans - Rd 8 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back