Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Bring back the pelican

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

8a234fb914c8449dfd270e66bf5b6ff4.jpg

Getting close to the end of the first quarter of his return lel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to win at least one more game first to guarnatee that their pick is no higher than 7.

Also it is possible as long as we do win at least one game that it may be 6 if the Pies win and the Hawks lose next week. Given their opponents this could quite well happen.
Doesn't matter. The only way they can get pick 8 is if we get pick 7. No matter how you look at it we are getting pick 7, unless we get pick 6 instead!

Looking like pick 7. Not as good as we thought it'd be but a nice little upgrade.
Little upgrade - pick 7 for 10? Are you forgetting the picks 23 & 36 for pick 68 section??? ;)
Picks 23 and 36 are worth around pick 11 in pure points terms. We traded Hawthorn our pick 10 last year for those picks in the same year. But we also got their first rounder this year (as a bonus for delaying our pick if you like).

The Hawks started off at pick 14 themselves last year (which they used on Tom Mitchell). So by waiting not only did we get a bonus first rounder but (since the Hawks have dropped) we've effectively also upgraded that pick by 7 or 8 places.

Genius work by Bainsy.

Hopefully Longy and Josh Battle come good and we cash in big time this year with our two first-rounders.

Hopefully Longy and Josh Battle come good and we cash in big time this year with our two first-rounders.

IMO Battle is going to be a beauty. Longy still to prove himself but has time to develop. Certainly there is a position for him to take if he's good enough. So a very tidy trade and very nice selections.

Go Blooooooozzzzze!!! :)

You bloody ripper!

I feel like I've been barracking for them a fair bit this year and they've let me down the last two or three times, but they came up with the goods tonight.

So all things being equal, our first pick this year will either be pick 5 (very highly unlikely), 6 (unlikely), or 7 (most likely). Noice!

It´s very simple........
If we keep winning
Freo Keep winning
West Coast Keep losing
Melbourne Keep losing
Bombers Keep losing
Pies Keep winning
Tigers Keep losing
Hawks Keep losing
Dogs Keep winning (by a point)

The stars align completely and we get pick 5 & pick 18 after we win the flag ;)

I'm torn. Pick 6 is the best it can become and getting in ahead of Collingwood is always good, but pretty sure pick 6 has historically been a dud.

By the way, with everything accounted for, the trade officially netted us the points equivalent of Pick 8-9 for free. Lel

Last edited:
The last time we had pick 6 we gave it off for Barry Brooks!

Could have had Steven Salopek.

Duds: Beau Dowler. Mitch Thorp. David Myers* , Yarran, Conca, FRANCIS
Non duds. : Rohan, Wingard, McCrae, Marchbank. Scharenberg

* yeah i'm calling him that.
Essendon Supporter "Yeah we lost ,but we didn't have Myers playing . No shit you never do, and now he's an old man "

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Hawthorn 2017 1st Round Pick Watch

Back