News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

What Lloyd said about Watson trying to kick like Gryan Miers is spot on. It’s absolute 💩.

Fevola and Lloyd didn’t kick around their body and they had excellent conversion rates from all angles.

He needs to swallow his pride, go back to basics and work on running straight at the goals.

Get a set number of steps which get him kicking from 8m behind the mark to eliminate the opponent touching it and kick straight towards the middle of the sticks.

Works for Chol - doesn’t it?

What Lloyd said about Watson trying to kick like Gryan Miers is spot on. It’s absolute 💩.

Fevola and Lloyd didn’t kick around their body and they had excellent conversion rates from all angles.

He needs to swallow his pride, go back to basics and work on running straight at the goals.

Get a set number of steps which get him kicking from 8m behind the mark to eliminate the opponent touching it and kick straight towards the middle of the sticks.

Works for Chol - doesn’t it?
The Ben Brown run up would help him out .

Never thought I’d say it - but Kane Cornes is king of media analysis of the Hawks. He’s spot on about us. We’re coming

On Watson - sure he’s got to work on his set shots, but it’s game 7 and he is electric. For sure he will sort this out before he turns 20.
You just know one day Watson is going to kick 7+

I can feel it. Might even be this year

Never thought I’d say it - but Kane Cornes is king of media analysis of the Hawks. He’s spot on about us. We’re coming

On Watson - sure he’s got to work on his set shots, but it’s game 7 and he is electric. For sure he will sort this out before he turns 20.
Agreed but the sooner he simplifies his set shot kicking routine the better. The longer this goes on for him the more it will stay in his head so simplifying things will do him the world of good and Harry McKay can do it then he can too.

Wow Montagna and King are hating that Hawthorn are proving them wrong. Extent of their analysis was mids are going well and Meek is doing a good job of using handball out of stoppage. Would have spent less than 2 minutes on us in a 60 minute show

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Montagna and King are hating that Hawthorn are proving them wrong. Extent of their analysis was mids are going well and Meek is doing a good job of using handball out of stoppage. Would have spent less than 2 minutes on us in a 60 minute show
To be fair, King spoke a bit more about Meek & was very complimentary

Montagna brushed over us pretty quick & I think even that small amount hurt him.

52 seconds

To be fair, King spoke a bit more about Meek & was very complimentary

Montagna brushed over us pretty quick & I think even that small amount hurt him.

Yep it was a minute at best and then Montagna then spent a :poo: load of time later on babbling about that the main reason the Saints have been so poor is because Jack Higgins was injured 😂

What an epic douchbag he is.

Last week Montagna on 360 spent 5 minutes on stats/numbers on why St Kilda were ok and were really playing an ok attacking brand .......according to the numbers .
This despite the fact they kicked 7 goals and are the most boring side to watch by a mile .

Ross Lyon rolled out exactly the same stats at his presser . Don't think it was a coincidence.
He is just protecting his mates now.
He was part of the group that got Lyon back and it's looking like an absolute dogs breakfast.

Kings fine I reckon . Actually has good input amongst some bizarre stuff .
I don't mind that he is a bit circumspect with us . But he has consistently said for 18 months he likes what we are doing .

It's actually a compliment as we are winning games with areas to improve .....according to the data .

They didn’t even bring us up as could make finals only dogs and lions, so they give us no chance.

Kings fine I reckon . Actually has good input amongst some bizarre stuff .
I don't mind that he is a bit circumspect with us . But he has consistently said for 18 months he likes what we are doing .

It's actually a compliment as we are winning games with areas to improve .....according to the data .

Yeah King is fine. We are getting enough love everywhere at the moment a bit of objectivity with proper research is cool.

Montagna is a ****en moron though, cant believe he gets so much airtime.

If you want to look for a reason Montanga is a bit bitter with our club.... last year when Montagna made the comment about how far off we were and our 10 year rebuild, these were Dermie's comments. Talk about a whack:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“It’s really interesting to hear some of the vernacular going on around the place at the moment,” Brereton added.

“I’m pretty confident. You have a look back at every era of Hawthorn… and there’s a down time after their halcyon eras, because there’s been a few of them, and they never fail to come back.

There’s DNA in clubs… I just don’t want to see where we turn on our own.

“If you’re wanting to know when you’re going in the future, you do look at your history. Apart from some rumblings at the merger time and we had a few rumblings last year with a challenge to the board which Andy Gowers got up on, we know where we’ve come from, we know what we stand for, and everybody, once they're in the seat, wants the same thing.

“So don’t pull the place down off the back of two games.”

Earlier this week, former St Kilda star Leigh Montagna spoke proudly and emotionally about his time as a Saint ahead of the club’s 150th year celebrations against Essendon.

The Saints have their 150th year celebration match this weekend. Leigh Montagna shares the emotional connection he feels to the Saints.

📺WATCH #AFL360 on Ch. 504 or stream via @kayosports: https://t.co/7kvglvquIa pic.twitter.com/gQaZPtkE6t
— Fox Footy (@FOXFOOTY) March 29, 2023

But Brereton says that highlights the difference between Hawthorn and St Kilda.

“It’s wonderful to be a St Kilda past player and engulf yourself in their history. But St Kilda, because of that (lack of success), celebrate players,” Brereton explained.

“Hawthorn, as much as we love our players, we celebrate success of premierships, and there’s a big difference in the psyche of where you walk into somewhere, you can feel it.

“The thing about Hawthorn, it’s always been bigger than the players… it is about team success.

“So I just hope people will say let Hawthorn be the way they are"

When the Hawks game was bought up, you could actually see the pain on both their faces. They are absolutely hating it, which makes me love it that much more!

I actually really like what both Kingy and Joey bring to the table as we have a real lack of analysis in the sport.

It has however become apparent that they’ve really put the brakes on talking us up, which is possibly fair and I think we need to win our next two games before they’ll be forced to jump on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back