News Hinkley is staying -3 year contract extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing we can do is start to believe some of the absolute crap that has permeated the press and the net over the past week. If there was even a modicum of truth in the garbage and innuendo spread by know nothings like Smith, Denham and others Ken would not have stayed. I am not Ken Hinkley's greatest fan and I do not agree with the length of his reappointment but Ken seems a pretty straight sort of guy and if he felt he could not work with Kochie or Thomas I have no doubt that he would have gone.

Like it or not Ken Hinkley has recommitted to our playing group and for that he deserves credit and our support. Ken Hinkley has been reappointed and those of us who do not think it was the right decision, and I am one, have to live with it and move on.

What we know for sure is that the current group can not take us to the end.

One or the other needs to happen. A refresh of playing list or a refresh of coaches.

With all due respect Shaucob define "current group". If taken literally then of course the "current group" can't "take us to the end" (which I take you to mean "premiership") as the "current group" changes at the end of each season (ie players retire, get delisted, traded, drafted etc), therefore the "current group" won't exist in subsequent seasons. If however you mean "current group" in a more figurative sense to mean the majority of existing players on our list then I call BS on your original statement "What we know for sure..." as being hyperbole, in an attempt to strengthen your own pessimistic position. Similarly what for you constitutes "A refresh of the playing list"? Three, 4, 5, 10, 20 new players? the entire list. Specifically, how would that increase our chances of taking "us to the end"?. What we actually know for sure is that no-one knows for sure what future holds. That's what makes life and football so exciting.

Is that what your play is here?

That a stack of Port Adelaide people, who endured the chokes of 01-03, the self-inflicted wounds of 05, the record humiliation of 07, the nothing years of 08-09, the record losing streak of 10, the record beltings and near wooden spoon of 11-12 and the mediocrity of 15-17, are finally fed up and are somehow wrong to be?

What excuses do we have left?

The club and football department are swimming in dough, relative to regimes past. We play out of Adelaide Oval in front of 40,000 in the beating heart of the city and not at an out of the way concrete bowl swathed in rival branding in front of 15,000.

Why do we suck? What revisionist mustard can you slather onto this perennial shitshow?

Say what you like about Mark Williams and Matthew Primus, they'd have killed to have the resources at Hinkley's disposal, and after 3 years of sweet fanny adams, it's hard to argue they'd have done much worse.

"MELTS" though!
That's for the generation that can actually truly remember 04 too

Spare a thought for those that weren't old enough to actually remember and appreciate 04 but by the time high school started 07 was fresh in everyone's minds and the journey started there

That's for the generation that can actually truly remember 04 too

Spare a thought for those that weren't old enough to actually remember and appreciate 04 but by the time high school 07 was fresh in everyone's minds and the journey started there

I was only 8 when we won in 2004 :( so I couldn't really appreciate and enjoy it to the fullest at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I have heard you will be happy with Macca in that regard REH.

I think the boys will be stronger next year......
They better be as we were pushed around in that elimination final too often by the old farts of the Eagles. If we aren't going to fix up our kicking over a preseason at least lets be stronger so we can win the ball off them if we can't kill them off with our running and skills.

It's like the trade bizzo from last year. If we finished bottom 4 without our first rounder people would've lost their shit, but since that didn't happen I think most are OK with it now and would agree that we broke even (or perhaps even finished slightly ahead).

So people were unhappy a year ago with a trade because they were worried we'd finish bottom 4 ?

I hope these aren't the same people complaining that we didn't finish top 4.

Its done, im over it.

Hoping the club now addresses the coaching panel and shake that up. Im not sure whats out there, but a successful forwards coach to have experience based discussions with Kenny to show him how its done would be awesome.

Ken seems to have changed since the flogging and is now playing youth, hopefully he comes more cut throat in player selections. We have a fantastic list of kids and hopefully those serious under/sometimes performers start to look over their shoulder.

Optimism is back!!!

I was one of those that was pissed off with Ken after the second showdown. My malaise spread from there into thinking there was no way we would beat a top 4 side and do anything useful in 2017.

However, with respect to the decisions made by the club I'll rule a line under that and look forward to 2018 with no preconceptions.
2018 - surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back