Mega Thread Hot Topic - Drugs and AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon play twice: Richmond, Geelong, St Kilda, Gold Coast, Carlton.

Not a big impact on the league then, really. Richmond would still make the 8 then shit the bed either way. Geelong are done.

Interested to see how the club deals with this at the end of the year. Out of contract and no form to go on. But at the same time you would want us to look after him since he and we had no idea of this.
Yep we have to support him - and Paddy - but with Paddy we knew what we were buying.

Whats the timeline with the Monfries trade? Did Essendon know they were being investigated at the time we recruited Monfries?

1) Monfries clutch gene is underrated. Always capable of coming up big in big games and his niggle and ability to get under opponents' skin would've proved invaluable in September, as it has in the past. As PhoenixPower has said previously, think Hardwick in 2004.

2) All players concerned are morons. The herd mentality and peer pressure (direct or implied) to participate would've been strong, but what professional athlete isn't aware of how serious the consequences are for taking, let alone injecting, the wrong thing?

Shane Warne copped a year for taking one of his mum's diuretics in a bid to look slimmer, for goodness sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won in 04 without primus and francou, we can overcome this.
I feel sad for gus and ryder. Done in by their old club, we'll just have to go back to back so thry can win a flag as well.
Golden boy hirdy done in forever. Essendon lucky this verdict has come now not two years ago allowing them to churn their list over. Jobe has to lose his brownlow. I wonder when all the law suits will kick in for real.

Whats the timeline with the Monfries trade? Did Essendon know they were being investigated at the time we recruited Monfries?

Whether they knew or not shouldn't matter. They've been found guilty of systematic doping, and hence knew they were trading "damaged goods" at the time.

Double up games me think against Essendon is what he meant. Esendon double up against Richmond and Geelong and cellar dwellers Suns, Saints and Blues.

presumably Essendon will now get hit with lawsuits from all players involved?

Great. Two teams we are competing with for a top 4 spot get two free 150+ point wins.
Who gives a ****. Anywhere anytime.

Only those who are self conscious worry about the results of others.

This is going to be terrible. With the sub rule gone you will see the re-introduction of teams playing two rucks. We have now lost the best ruck combo and now have no backup. I don't want Dixon going anywhere near the Centre square.
The Hoff amongst all his other talents is a very serviceable pinch hitter in ruck. As for the sub rule change lobbe is very fit, but we will have to be careful to not wear him out.

We won in 04 without primus and francou, we can overcome this.
I feel sad for gus and ryder. Done in by their old club, we'll just have to go back to back so thry can win a flag as well.
Golden boy hirdy done in forever. Essendon lucky this verdict has come now not two years ago allowing them to churn their list over. Jobe has to lose his brownlow. I wonder when all the law suits will kick in for real.
Puts Tim Watson in a difficult place.

There saying on the Essendon board that the AFL has already approved top up players for them, so I'd imagine it would be the same for us.

Commiserations, guys. Dogs supporters are feeling it too...I'm sure the Saints are reeling ATM.

Those who lose players - like Port, Saint and the Dogs - will get top up players, but like Essendon, they will be from the VFL.

It sucks for us as clubs (we lose Stewart Crameri, who kicked 40 goals last year), but it does give other players a chance, doesn't it?

THE SEN LISTEN LIVE STREAM IS UNDER HIGH LOAD DUE TO THE ESSENDON DECISION. PLEASE KEEP REFRESHING IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES WITH THE STREAM.
Cant get to listen to SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back